If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

How to play the Hag?

Options
ChesterTheMolester
ChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771
edited June 2018 in General Discussions
I read a lot on this forum that the Hag is supposed to be great, however here is how the average Hag game appears to be in reality:

-Meg triggers trap
-Waits for any sort of movement to dodge with sprint burst
-Gets looped for 2 hours
-Finally triggers a trap at a pallet or vault to down her
-Gets decisive striked
-Gets looped for 2 more hours
-Downs her and picks her up
-Laurie, Jake or Dweard intentionally trigger all your ######### traps while you are carrying her, the sounds of which will clog up your ######### your own eardrums.
-Realise that all of them run with the holy trinity of perks
-Try to downplay your thoughts of suicide

Does anyone have any tips? Because apparently there seems to be an entire cult praising her.

Comments

• ChesterTheMolester
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Thank you, i wanna take my time learning the hag cause i had a fun game doing the daily challenge with the Rusty Shackles add on, but she isnt as similar to the Trapper as it first seems.
  • Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095
    edited June 2018
    Options

@ChesterTheMolester said:
    Thank you, i wanna take my time learning the hag cause i had a fun game doing the daily challenge with the Rusty Shackles add on, but she isnt as similar to the Trapper as it first seems.

She's entirely different.
    I play both, as I love Trapper (especially his style). And she's completely different, you actually got a LOT of learning to do with her, mostly about where to place traps.
    Some trap placements are actually impossible to counter except if the survivor got an exhaustion perk triggering as they walk over it, which is very unlikely to happen in a chase (except for Dead Hard)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnefmgqNvxA

For example, that one is actually VERY hard to counter as survivor (sorry for the stupid brightness, I messed up that setup that game and didn't want to waste my round doing settings since I hate losing) :
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2bmZeNgiRU

You can also trap the entrance WITHOUT the pallet, at the shack, it's basically a 100% hitrate without exhaustion perk triggering, once again. Make sure to mash CTRL when you predict a triggered trap.

• Soren
    Soren Member Posts: 369
    edited June 2018
    Options

I read a lot on this forum that the Hag is supposed to be great, however here is how the average Hag game appears to be in reality:

-Meg triggers trap
    -Gets looped for 2 hours
    -Gets decisive striked
    -Laurie, Jake or Dweard intentionally trigger all your [BAD WORD] traps while you are carrying her, the sounds of which will clog up your ######### your own eardrums.

Does anyone have any tips? Because apparently there seems to be an entire cult praising her.

The things you're talking about are common issues when you start playing the Hag.

If teammates are triggering all your traps... It's probably because of bad traps placement. Survivors don't have time to run all around the map. Your traps are either too close to each other, located in one area, or very obvious (near gens, totems...). Pro tip: don't put more than one trap at a totem / hook. The default trigger radius of a trap is pretty huge, so if you place it not too close to the objective you wanna protect, it will cover a big area alone. It's pointless to trap generators unless you're in a 3-gens strategy.

Decisive Strike should not be an issue if your predict skills are great, aka: if you managed to trap well your map before. DS user should run into one of your previous trap because you managed to predict escape routes. I made several DS users ragequit because of instadown after the recovery lol.

About the pallet loop: if you're already in a chase, there are several options available.

• You pull them away from the loop

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6wSAmlyvK4

• You mindgame by not teleporting (works 90% of the time, even at high ranks)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoeCVsck2HE

• You loop around and teleport right as they're about to reach the pallet (you need to know the correct duration of your phantasm though)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03yZvJQrJ4k

• You can also bodyblock the pallet easily with the update 2.0.0.

Like Runiver said, you shouldn't be looped when you play the Hag, unless you have already a huge advantage and prefer to keep line of sight on the last survivor alive, for example. Except Nurse, she is the less loopable killer. You can punish every map unbalance.

SpaceCoconut will release SoonTM a video with basic explanation of how to play Hag, with clips Michi, Croquedead and I provided. Hopefully that will help you ^.^

• Michi
    Michi Member Posts: 119
    Options

I teach people how to play hag. You can contact me when you're interested.

• ChesterTheMolester
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Managed to take down 2 full meta squads in a row now, i love you guys, she might become one of my favorites.
  • Spectrobyss
    Spectrobyss Member Posts: 31
    Options
    Here is a guide, made by Hag mains all around the world.
    (Including me! ;D)
    https://youtu.be/4OiP2gVja_s
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

-Meg triggers trap
    -Gets looped for 2 hours
    -Gets decisive striked
    -Laurie, Jake or Dweard intentionally trigger all your [BAD WORD] traps while you are carrying her, the sounds of which will clog up your ######### your own eardrums.

My tip: Either change to nurse or derank such that you can play trashtier killers without geting a heartattack :wink:

• Soren
    Soren Member Posts: 369
    Options

@Master said:
    My tip: Either change to nurse or derank such that you can play trashtier killers without geting a heartattack :wink:

It's not a tip at all. If you can't play one killer, just don't say things like "play another killer". Especially since a lot of us gave actual tips before.

• Croquedead
    Croquedead Member Posts: 91
    Options
    You’re supposed to trap looping spots. Use the traps in a chase, look at the video that Spectrobyss sent, practice and experiment. If all fails, come to us.
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    edited June 2018
    Options

@Soren said:

@Master said:

It's not a tip at all. If you can't play one killer, just don't say things like "play another killer". Especially since a lot of us gave actual tips before.

Well you can still derank and play the game at the rank the devs balanced it for.....

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095
    Options

@Spectrobyss said:
    Here is a guide, made by Hag mains all around the world.
    (Including me! ;D)

This guide looks great, but the commentator needs to calm down on the Xanax consumption :D

• ChesterTheMolester
    Options
    Master said:

Like i said in the post i managed to take down full meta squads, still have learning to do but she definitely has potential. 

BTW i think Knockout is less effective than Ruin simply because its heavily countered by Voicecomms, Empathy, Open-Handed etc.