The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

What's with the Sweat lately?

Is it the rank reset? Is it something In the water? Why are there so many SWF groups acting like this is an e-sports game and they are trying to get sponsored? It's nearly every game since reset. it's nuts.

Am I the only one experiencing this?

Comments

• Keene_Kills
    Keene_Kills Member Posts: 649

You are not alone. The sweat is real and the salt content is extremely high.

• SmokePotion
    SmokePotion Member Posts: 1,089
    edited November 2018

@Keene_Kills said:
    You are not alone. The sweat is real and the salt content is extremely high.

I've noticed that about the salt too. A couple weeks ago I could stick around in the after game chat, and talk about the game and how to improve, ect.

Since reset I almost immediately just leave, even if it was a good/ fun game. Cause people just throw shade.

And this has caused me to play less.

• George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270

Rank reset is a mess, anything can happen. I've been having quite fun games lately and nice and friendly players too. The occasional salt as well, but not that often, and hey, it just adds to the fun factor.

• Cetren
    Cetren Member Posts: 985
    CakeDuty said:

I've met more sweaty killers than sweaty SWF groups. So many killers with strong addons, mories who like to tunnel or camp. Sure, I occasionally also get met by a premade who can get pretty toxic in pregame chat and during the trial but I've met way less of those. This stuff always happens around rank reset.

That's kind of the thing I don't get, why is it that people wait until when they're facing easier players to use the strongest abilities. That's like buying an armageddon scroll and go by back to the first area to blow up some goblins. 
  • Spicybarbecue
    Spicybarbecue Member Posts: 183

most SWF groups are like this all the time TBH, just straight up avoid playing SWF groups and your experience will be improved b y 100%

• Animalheadskull
    Animalheadskull Member Posts: 478
    Yea they are pulling all the tricks right now, bnps, instas, mist, purple flashlights, I've noticed it to in the few matches I played yesterday. Its fune with me tho, cause they usually play over Alturistcally and dont do gens 8-)
  • George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270

@Spicybarbecue said:
    most SWF groups are like this all the time TBH, just straight up avoid playing SWF groups and your experience will be improved b y 100%

Coward!

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467

It's actually on both sides, and it's probably because they're trying to get to back to the red ranks ASAP and/or they want to bully as many players as possible.

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506

What? My swf (3 people btw) isnt sweaty....we just enjoy playing in the same game and often will treat each other like randoms. No super altruism or calling out perks post game.
  • BigBadPiggy
    BigBadPiggy Member Posts: 678

Went against a swf of 4 last week, they all had DS, self care, and purple toolboxes.

• SmokePotion

@Carpemortum said:
    Spicybarbecue said:

What? My swf (3 people btw) isnt sweaty....we just enjoy playing in the same game and often will treat each other like randoms. No super altruism or calling out perks post game.

Just because your team plays SWF like it was intended doesn't mean most others do. Especially lately.

I've kinda stopped playing. i'm waiting a few more days for the survivors to plateau in the color rank they belong. Maybe that will cut down on the sweat some.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@SmokePotion said:
    Is it the rank reset? Is it something In the water? Why are there so many SWF groups acting like this is an e-sports game and they are trying to get sponsored? It's nearly every game since reset. it's nuts.

You might wanna look into deranking, but I dont know how to situation is at lower ranks either because I decided to take a break after the halloween farming event :wink:

• Master

@Carpemortum said:
    Spicybarbecue said:

Do you use voice comms?

• SmokePotion
    edited November 2018

@Master said:

@SmokePotion said:

You might wanna look into deranking, but I dont know how to situation is at lower ranks either because I decided to take a break after the halloween farming event :wink:

I actually have avoided pipping up to far. And from the streams I've watched, the sentiment is mutual for killer mains. I see a lot of people trying for black pips in green and purple ranks just to avoid gaining rank.

Me personally, when I decide to play, I do something like : Hag or clown (my faves on pc atm) then something I don't play because i'm almost certainly going to depip since almost every game i've been getting has been really hardcore SWF groups.

The problem is that even though I'm not taking the depip games to seriously, they are. And man do they treat me like utter crap for that time. Which makes me go back to hag, get a 4k, and hate myself for double pipping.

IE: Last night i Played Nurse. I'm really bad with her. The group ended up being a 3 or 4 man, not sure. And the last guy decided he was going to run loops with me for 5 minutes after everyone escaped.

I d/ced, and reported him for taking the game hostage (i couldn't hit him, and he knew that and he was just trolling me)

• Carpemortum
    Master said:

@Carpemortum said:
    Spicybarbecue said:

Do you use voice comms?

Yes, which is why we specifically dont share post game info if someone dies and dont hardcore troll. It's more of a "oh ######### hes on me" "lol sucks for you!" And being In the same game as opposed to everyone in their own solo talking about seperate games. Obviously theres a "I dont hear heartbeat you're probably safe" or "hes face camping me just go live your life". But saying anyone who is in swf or uses voice comms are sweaty tryhard 4 sb  4 sc  4 ds 4 bt  purple flashlight BNP gen rushing teams is a wild overstatement.

Even then, you fight a tryhard swf 4 man. That's GREAT practice. The best teacher is getting the ######### beat out of you and learning how to improve. 
  • Carpemortum

@Master said:

@SmokePotion said:

I actually have avoided pipping up to far. And from the streams I've watched, the sentiment is mutual for killer mains. I see a lot of people trying for black pips in green and purple ranks just to avoid gaining rank.

Me personally, when I decide to play, I do something like : Hag or clown (my faves on pc atm) then something I don't play because i'm almost certainly going to depip since almost every game i've been getting has been really hardcore SWF groups.

The problem is that even though I'm not taking the depip games to seriously, they are. And man do they treat me like utter crap for that time. Which makes me go back to hag, get a 4k, and hate myself for double pipping.

IE: Last night i Played Nurse. I'm really bad with her. The group ended up being a 3 or 4 man, not sure. And the last guy decided he was going to run loops with me for 5 minutes after everyone escaped.

I d/ced, and reported him for taking the game hostage (i couldn't hit him, and he knew that and he was just trolling me)

After 5 mins even with nurse you have the bloodlust to catch him. You dcd, yet reported him? You dcing instead of doing what was at that point possible, is a reportable and bannable offense. He didnt hold the game hostage. You failed to catch him and ragequit, screwing him out of points as well as yourself. 
  • redsopine01
    redsopine01 Member Posts: 1,269

@Master said:

@SmokePotion said:

After 5 mins even with nurse you have the bloodlust to catch him. You dcd, yet reported him? You dcing instead of doing what was at that point possible, is a reportable and bannable offense. He didnt hold the game hostage. You failed to catch him and ragequit, screwing him out of points as well as yourself. 
    The survivors don't lose points if the killer docs the game 
  • Carpemortum
    edited November 2018

I always do. Literally every game a killer dcs the 5-20k bp earned is gone. I literally have what I went in with. The scoreboard shows the points, but when I get to the actual menu I'll still be at like 300 bp.

I had a killer farm with us, then dc last minute and none of us got any bp.

Like I know were supposed to get the bp and a 5k escape, but I never do. I'd ask if its pc or console but as I've recently found you're on ps4 so I dont know if it's my connection or what. 

But I'll always take a killer dc and lose points. It's worth knowing they quit on us XD.
  • Master
    edited November 2018

@SmokePotion said:

@Master said:

@SmokePotion said:

Watch your favourite series or a movie and have a few DBD games in the background.> @Carpemortum said:

Master said:

@Carpemortum said:

Spicybarbecue said:

Do you use voice comms?

Yes, which is why we specifically dont share post game info if someone dies and dont hardcore troll. It's more of a "oh ######### hes on me" "lol sucks for you!" And being In the same game as opposed to everyone in their own solo talking about seperate games. Obviously theres a "I dont hear heartbeat you're probably safe" or "hes face camping me just go live your life". But saying anyone who is in swf or uses voice comms are sweaty tryhard 4 sb  4 sc  4 ds 4 bt  purple flashlight BNP gen rushing teams is a wild overstatement.

Even then, you fight a tryhard swf 4 man. That's GREAT practice. The best teacher is getting the ######### beat out of you and learning how to improve. 

I have played SWF too. You alwasy share info via voice comms, even if you are not that "swat squad" like the depip squad :wink:
    And exactly the "he is behind me" " he is camping" is what is so powerful

• Carpemortum
    Master said:

@SmokePotion said:

@Master said:

@SmokePotion said:

Watch your favourite series or a movie and have a few DBD games in the background.> @Carpemortum said:

Master said:

@Carpemortum said:

Spicybarbecue said:

Do you use voice comms?

I have played SWF too. You alwasy share info via voice comms, even if you are not that "swat squad" like the depip squad :wink:

Are there not universal signals for being hook camped though? And if that's so painful doesnt kindred 3 also assist? I mean if a survivor gets close, hears a heartbeat and it doesnt move for 30 seconds it's safe to say they're camping, vocally passed on or not.
  • purebalance
    purebalance Member Posts: 661

@Cetren said:
    CakeDuty said:

I've met more sweaty killers than sweaty SWF groups. So many killers with strong addons, mories who like to tunnel or camp. Sure, I occasionally also get met by a premade who can get pretty toxic in pregame chat and during the trial but I've met way less of those. This stuff always happens around rank reset.

That's kind of the thing I don't get, why is it that people wait until when they're facing easier players to use the strongest abilities. That's like buying an armageddon scroll and go by back to the first area to blow up some goblins. 

They get beaten at home or never get asked to the prom.

• purebalance
    purebalance Member Posts: 661

@Carpemortum said:
    redsopine01 said:

Carpemortum said:

I always do. Literally every game a killer dcs the 5-20k bp earned is gone. I literally have what I went in with. The scoreboard shows the points, but when I get to the actual menu I'll still be at like 300 bp.

I had a killer farm with us, then dc last minute and none of us got any bp.

Like I know were supposed to get the bp and a 5k escape, but I never do. I'd ask if its pc or console but as I've recently found you're on ps4 so I dont know if it's my connection or what. 

But I'll always take a killer dc and lose points. It's worth knowing they quit on us XD.

There's an exploit killers have found that I have a thread going where mods and devs are just plain ignoring it. Basically when a killer dc's you get to keep your points, items, and still get the 5k survival added to what you already had. The exploit makes it look like all 4 dc'd when they didn't so they lose their items and get 0 BP and in some occasions which seems like they've fixed lose 2 pips. I play on ps4 and most of the time that a killer dcs I get this exploit happening than the normal way it should work. They've clearly fixed the pip problem so they should easily be able to award the BP and keep the item.

• redsopine01
    redsopine01 Member Posts: 1,269
    Master said:

@SmokePotion said:

@Master said:

@SmokePotion said:

Master said:

@Carpemortum said:

Spicybarbecue said:

Do you use voice comms?

Are there not universal signals for being hook camped though? And if that's so painful doesnt kindred 3 also assist? I mean if a survivor gets close, hears a heartbeat and it doesnt move for 30 seconds it's safe to say they're camping, vocally passed on or not.
    Because as a smart killer main lol I know these movements I see them move out of sight a bit boom hook rush the second a killer sees the arms they patrol far enough to make you risk it and often get a kill
  • Watery
    Watery Member Posts: 1,167
    probably due to the fact that people are learning how to play the game lol
    Just learn to run killers around and you won’t have issues
  • friendlykillermain
    friendlykillermain Member Posts: 3,162

@Watery said:

please dont spread the message of looping spread the message of stealth instead less toxicity

• Watery

@Watery said:

please dont spread the message of looping spread the message of stealth instead less toxicity

but the doctor and aura reading perks exist
  • friendlykillermain

@Watery said:
    friendlykillermain said:

@Watery said:

we do not speak of those outliers instead we only only embrace poor trappers freddys shapes huntresses clowns cannibals and anyone else who needs a little love

• Watery

@Watery said:
    friendlykillermain said:

@Watery said:

we do not speak of those outliers instead we only only embrace poor trappers freddys shapes huntresses clowns cannibals and anyone else who needs a little love

those people deserve hugs. i haven’t seen a clown in FOREVER
  • friendlykillermain

@Watery said:
    friendlykillermain said:

@Watery said:

friendlykillermain said:

@Watery said:

i know poor clowns rare creatures i wish trapper would get a buff though he has one of the best playstyles in the game the predictions and potential in chases is off the charts but sadly sfw steals trappers lunch money then breaks his stuff and then they beat him into a corner and even when the exit gates are open they continue to jeer and taunt at him because they know he is useless

• Watery

@Watery said:
    friendlykillermain said:

@Watery said:

friendlykillermain said:

@Watery said:

i know poor clowns rare creatures i wish trapper would get a buff though he has one of the best playstyles in the game the predictions and potential in chases is off the charts but sadly sfw steals trappers lunch money then breaks his stuff and then they beat him into a corner and even when the exit gates are open they continue to jeer and taunt at him because they know he is useless

@Watery said:
    friendlykillermain said:

@Watery said:

friendlykillermain said:

@Watery said:

i cri evri tiem
  • friendlykillermain

@Watery said:
    friendlykillermain said:

@Watery said:

friendlykillermain said:

@Watery said:

friendlykillermain said:

@Watery said: probably due to the fact that people are learning how to play the game lol Just learn to run killers around and you won’t have issues please dont spread the message of looping spread the message of stealth instead less toxicity

friendlykillermain said:

@Watery said:

friendlykillermain said:

@Watery said:

friendlykillermain said:

@Watery said: probably due to the fact that people are learning how to play the game lol Just learn to run killers around and you won’t have issues please dont spread the message of looping spread the message of stealth instead less toxicity

i cri evri tiem

poor trapper not even his dad can save him he comes home and the entity is like "how was your day" and he just sighs and says "good" then goes up to his room and curls up on the floor hungry for his stolen lunches and cries until sleep takes him

• SmokePotion

@friendlykillermain said:

@Watery said:
    friendlykillermain said:

@Watery said:

friendlykillermain said:

@Watery said:

friendlykillermain said:

friendlykillermain said:

@Watery said:

friendlykillermain said:

@Watery said:

friendlykillermain said:

i cri evri tiem

poor trapper not even his dad can save him he comes home and the entity is like "how was your day" and he just sighs and says "good" then goes up to his room and curls up on the floor hungry for his stolen lunches and cries until sleep takes him

Clown is absolutely amazing, when he works. Unfortunately he is plagued with bugs like his bottles breaking on him, and tall plants as well as the gas straight up not working sometimes and the fact that he snags on things other killers don't. If they would debug the killer he would be the absolute best chaser in this game. hands down.

• friendlykillermain

@SmokePotion said:

@Watery said:
    friendlykillermain said:

@Watery said:

friendlykillermain said:

@Watery said:

friendlykillermain said:

friendlykillermain said:

@Watery said:

friendlykillermain said:

@Watery said:

friendlykillermain said:

i cri evri tiem

Clown is absolutely amazing, when he works. Unfortunately he is plagued with bugs like his bottles breaking on him, and tall plants as well as the gas straight up not working sometimes and the fact that he snags on things other killers don't. If they would debug the killer he would be the absolute best chaser in this game. hands down.

maybe but if trapper was buffed he could be best in chases

• SmokePotion

@SmokePotion said:

@Watery said:
    friendlykillermain said:

@Watery said:

friendlykillermain said:

@Watery said:

friendlykillermain said:

friendlykillermain said:

@Watery said:

friendlykillermain said:

@Watery said:

friendlykillermain said:

i cri evri tiem

He has the potential. But I'de say he would end up more of a defensive killer then a chaser with buffs. (like a lethal version of the hag)

• friendlykillermain

@SmokePotion said:

@SmokePotion said:

@Watery said:
    friendlykillermain said:

@Watery said:

friendlykillermain said:

@Watery said:

friendlykillermain said:

friendlykillermain said:

@Watery said:

friendlykillermain said:

@Watery said:

friendlykillermain said:

i cri evri tiem

He has the potential. But I'de say he would end up more of a defensive killer then a chaser with buffs. (like a lethal version of the hag)

maybe i just want poor trapper to be s teir

• SmokePotion

@SmokePotion said:

@SmokePotion said:

@Watery said:
    friendlykillermain said:

@Watery said:

friendlykillermain said:

@Watery said:

friendlykillermain said:

friendlykillermain said:

@Watery said:

friendlykillermain said:

@Watery said:

friendlykillermain said:

i cri evri tiem

I'de love for him to be B tier. Viable and balanced. His look and kit is right up my alley. But his gameplay is not. I hate carrying 1 trap wihtout add-ons and having to fetch them everywhere.

If they made him keep his traps in the toolboxes like huntress and limited the total he can have on the map, I think it would be a better fix. Also, let him hold 2 base.

• friendlykillermain

@SmokePotion said:

@SmokePotion said:

@SmokePotion said:

@Watery said:
    friendlykillermain said:

@Watery said:

friendlykillermain said:

@Watery said:

friendlykillermain said:

friendlykillermain said:

@Watery said:

friendlykillermain said:

@Watery said:

friendlykillermain said:

i cri evri tiem

I'de love for him to be B tier. Viable and balanced. His look and kit is right up my alley. But his gameplay is not. I hate carrying 1 trap wihtout add-ons and having to fetch them everywhere.

If they made him keep his traps in the toolboxes like huntress and limited the total he can have on the map, I think it would be a better fix. Also, let him hold 2 base.

yeah trapper is by far one of the most enjoyable play styles though

• Carpemortum

@Watery said:

So dont tell new people how to escape if caught? Just hide....and if it doesnt work meh dont make them chase you...?
  • ToxicAddiction
    ToxicAddiction Member Posts: 58
    Breaking news: people try to win game.

”Sweaty” and “try hard” are more annoying than anything else about this community- the insinuation that’s trying to win is a negative is nauseating.
  • SmokePotion

@ToxicAddiction said:

”Sweaty” and “try hard” are more annoying than anything else about this community- the insinuation that’s trying to win is a negative is nauseating.

there is a difference between "trying to win" and going 3-4 man like it's an e-sport. The game isn't balanced that way. They should probably reduce SWF to duo's. A pair can still do some very well coordinated things. And two duo's makes for a very tough game for the killer. But it still leaves open an air of mystery. Without kindred, the other pair wont know if someone is going for the unhook or not. Plus blindness perks like knockout and third seal would be viable.

• Carpemortum

@ToxicAddiction said:

there is a difference between "trying to win" and going 3-4 man like it's an e-sport. The game isn't balanced that way. They should probably reduce SWF to duo's. A pair can still do some very well coordinated things. And two duo's makes for a very tough game for the killer. But it still leaves open an air of mystery. Without kindred, the other pair wont know if someone is going for the unhook or not. Plus blindness perks like knockout and third seal would be viable.

So you're saying everyone has to play casually. 

That's ridiculous. While its not an esport game, some people enjoy playing competitively, trying to be the best they can and improve their game to see how well they can do. Some people really enjoy the min maxing of builds to see which is more efficient and can make their game as killer quicker or more brutal (let's not forget they ARE playing a killer whose job is to kill you all). Some people want to be the beat of the best. 

No, everyone doesnt play that hard, and nobody should be required or expected to, but to diminish someone elses gameplay because its "too serious" for you, when it falls within the rules and legality of the game, is absurd.

Sweaty and try hard are used as insults but all it means is they're willing to put more effort into playing their best game than you are. Which is perfectly fine.
  • SmokePotion

@Carpemortum said:
    SmokePotion said:

@ToxicAddiction said:

So you're saying everyone has to play casually. 

That's ridiculous. While its not an esport game, some people enjoy playing competitively, trying to be the best they can and improve their game to see how well they can do. Some people really enjoy the min maxing of builds to see which is more efficient and can make their game as killer quicker or more brutal (let's not forget they ARE playing a killer whose job is to kill you all). Some people want to be the beat of the best. 

No, everyone doesnt play that hard, and nobody should be required or expected to, but to diminish someone elses gameplay because its "too serious" for you, when it falls within the rules and legality of the game, is absurd.

Sweaty and try hard are used as insults but all it means is they're willing to put more effort into playing their best game than you are. Which is perfectly fine.

Not what I'm saying. In fact if you read my post you'de see that I very much favor a competative game.