Build for the spirit 11/2018 ''Rin Yamaoka, murderer of the cursed''

Options
Fao
Fao Member Posts: 16
edited November 2018 in General Discussions

Hello people of the fog,

First thing, there is a little explanation on my actual gameplay because this guide can't fit everyone. Have a good read :*

I am definitly a rusher and I almost never stay under a hook, my gameplay is essentially filled by two tasks. Research+ and Destruction+ :). Since survivors always try to escape whitout casualties at rank one they are using all kinds of frustrating builds so I don't care anymore what someone is feeling during the game. Which mean I will slug every time I can to the last guy and if it appears that most of us had a good game I let the last one get the hatch. However I let my mementum grow as far as possible sometime getting all four survivors on the floor. If this is what you like to do I want to share this build to you :)

**Based on ° to °°°° depending on overall perks, what you pick () and the synergy with The spirit.
-> Stealth°°°
-> Free will°°
-> Reading°°°(°)
-> Strengh°°°(°)
-> Pressure°°°(°)
-> Time°(°°)
-> Luck°°(°) Numbers of occasions you meet
-> Synergy°°°(°)
-> Fun°°°(°) (: **

1. Monitoring and Abuse -> Stealth, Pressure, Strengh and Luck.

>

1. Make your Choice -> Pressure, Strengh, Free will and Luck / Barbecue and Chili -> Reading, Pressure, Free will and Luck

>

1. Hex: Ruin -> Time, Pressure, Strengh and Reading / Hex: Devorer -> Strengh, Pressure, Free will, Clutcher, Time and Luck

>

1. Nurse's Calling -> Reading, Stealth, Free will, Strengh, Pressure, Time and Luck.

Rin Yamaoka

''She inherited incredible fury from her ancestors. The wrath that flows through her veins is her legacy. The terrible pain she suffered set it off. Swift and lethal, The Spirit exacts her revenge endlessly.''

---M&A---

*_Monitoring and Abuse, Doctor's perk,_

While in a Chase, your Terror Radius is increased by 6/7/8 metres.

Otherwise your Terror Radius is decreased by 6/7/8 metres and your Field Of View is slightly/moderately/considerably increased.*

You must know that The spirit has an actual 24 meters aura radius.

M&A gives you a 16 meters aura radius while in Research+ which give you almost the same radius as Myers Tier I. I already tryed this with The nightmare.
I feel like when you are using your power -Yamaoka's Haunting- to travel fast from a hook to a generator you often appear before reaching it with no power left, now you can appear and stealth to the survivor with a chase starting at 16-10 meters at best you grab him. So it helps a lot taking the first hit and on another hand scare survivors and tremendously increase the pressure on the game. Hide your red stain for futher fun.

The spirit is a mind game killer. M&A is a mind game perk aswell so I think you actually increase the numbers of plays you can do. It makes you less predictable, original and by far the scariest killer since you can just appear in a rushing illusion without ringing first. You can reset the chase with your power if you are scared of the 32 meters aura radius while in chase. It's disturbing for survivors to play against it.

This is how I feel badass on The spirit.

"It's time for your treatment!." — Herman Carter, The Doctor

---Make your choice or BBQ---

In the second slot you have two choices. I will encourage confident players running Make you choice and beginners BBQ.

*_Make your Choice, The pig's perk,_

When a Survivor rescues another from a Hook at least 32 metres away from you, Make Your Choice triggers and applies the -Exposed Status Effect- on the rescuer for 40/50/60 seconds.

Make Your Choice has a cool-down of 60 seconds.*

Make your Choice gives you some very usefull pressure on the game.

So basically when your are confident enough and good at guessing, you successfully do your Research+ and your Destruction+ thanks M&A the chase was fast. You hooked your first survivor and you are already looking for another one. You know that someone will do the rescue and be exposed for 60s which is a lot of time. Between the hooking and the rescue you can freely put pressure on the all map because you have -Yamaoka's Haunting- taking one, two hits at best getting someone on the floor. If you failed and it happens especially at rank 1 you can go back to the hook and futhermore focus on the rescuer instead of tunneling.

I think Make your Choice is really usefull and this is probably common sens, a must have if you like to rush and you dislike waiting under a hook and feeling pressure and restrain.

This is how I feel free and powerfull with The spirit.

"You'd be surprised what tools can save a life." — Amanda Young

*_Barbecue and Chili, Leatherface's perk aka Booba,_

A deep bond with The Entity unlocks potential in one's Aura-reading ability.

After hooking a Survivor, all other Survivors' Auras are revealed to you for 4 seconds when they are farther than 52/46/40 metres from the Hook.

Each time a Survivor is hooked for the first time, gain a 15/20/25 % stackable bonus to all Bloodpoint gains.*

If you are beginner you will probably have a hard time guessing where your next prey is so I recommand buying the DLC and running BBQ cause it is a fine perk to get to rank 5 after this you will meet tons of SWF, Survive with Friend. At the moment you kill one SWF all the team will have a confirmation on this perk because they already known aswell.

So with BBQ you can learn to guess where survivors are, you just look around you and look for red auras. It also allows you to farm bloodpoints very fast to unlock teachables you need.

"I just can't take no pleasure in killing. There's just some things you gotta do. Don't mean you have to like it." — Drayton Sawyer

**---Ruin or Devorer--- **

Ruin is a must have rank 5 to 1. Devorer is the funniest perk to run rank 20 to 5, also if you run it you are probably not at rank one so you are free to remove BBQ or Make your choice.

*_Hex: Ruin, The hag's perk,_

A Hex that affects the Survivors' skills at repairing Generators.
2/3/4 Survivors are affected by Ruin, which causes the following:

Good Skill Checks IconHelp skillChecks.png result in 5 % regression on the Generator
Great Skill Checks grant 0 % bonus progression on the Generator.

The Hex effects persist as long as the related Hex Totem is standing.*

Ruin gives you some more time to play so it's kind of a joker if you loose mementum. Best in slot for all killers it is also a requirement for some killers if you want to reach rank 1 with them.

I recommand rushing the area of the totem at the start of the trial then not taking care of it at all after your first scouting. I personnaly don't like this perk, I think it should be in the party working without using a perk slot. You just need to remove the totem to unleesh the gen rush and there is no actual fun added in this one. But still it's needed, removing this perk from the game could burry it I guess. Same for Self-Care survivor side, it should be integrated by default.

"A curse is upon you. It will cause your ruin."

*_Hex: Devorer Hope, The hag's perk,_

When a Survivor is rescued from a Hook at least 24 metres away, Devour Hope receives a Token.

2 Tokens: ―/―/gain a 5 % Haste Status Effect, 10 seconds after hooking a Survivor, for a duration of 10 seconds.
3 Tokens: ―/Survivors suffer from the Exposed Status Effect.
5 Tokens: Grants the ability to kill Survivors by your own hand.

The Hex effects persist as long as the related Hex Totem is standing.*

Getting three hooks can be really fast depending on your rank and the pressure you can provide. As soon as you get three hooks and apply the requirement which is being 24 meters away from the hook you will one hit every one then mori them all even if they never met the hook. Isn't it fun? In my experience as a survivor at this point this is the totem or us. Remember that once you insta down one survivor all remaining will understand the situation and look for your totem. This is most likely it, there is no other evidence to give away the totem presence. So as soon as you start the slugging you will probably find your next victim near your totem. Come on only two more to go to the murdering phase. If you are unlucky it will get clean fast but since the apparition of Hex: Haunted Ground some survivors think twice before cleaning it. By the way they keep in mind the position of it. If you are lucky it will be hidden very well.

Beside it's a pressuring perk like Make you choice so if you are good at guessing you can freely use the slot belonging to BBQ or Make you choice.

''If you do nothing, you have their blood on your hands. If you save them, her hunger grows."

---Nurse's calling---

*_Nurse's calling. Nurse's perk,_

Unlocks potential in one's Aura-reading ability.

The Auras of Survivors who are healing or being healed are revealed to you when they are within 20/24/28 metres of range.*

This is a reading perk allowing you to see survivors healing, it is extremely powerfull with -Yamaoka's Haunting- and M&A. Can also give away the position of the Exposed survivor, with Make your choice, if he is healing the rescued one.

It gives you the possibility to end a chase and come back to it easier, when you see one survivor you run your power and lunge with all the illusions following you then hit the survivor. This is as beautifull as horrifying and demotivating for the targeted fool... If you don't have -Yamaoka's Haunting- ready you can count on M&A to surprise them since your aura radius is 8 meters. Most of the time without close pallet you get your kill.

"Still attached to the fragments of her past life, she is drawn to those in need of help."

This was my experience with The spirit, I am not going to give tips and tricks on her potential plays and there are a lot of them. I think all builds must have one pressuring perk, reading perk, countering perk and synerging perk, each killers have a different gameplay with different needs and these perks work fine together with The spirit in my opinion.

Thanks you for reading all!

Post edited by Fao on