Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Would you like FNAF DLC in DBD?

mr7ba_bk_
mr7ba_bk_ Member Posts: 74
edited March 2022 in General Discussions

Me: yes, please. The FNAF community is really big, so the game will have more players than the normal, and new players too. Just see how the players got mad when Pinhead entered in game instead of Springtrap.

Post edited by Mandy on
ยซ1

Comments

• WeenieDog
    WeenieDog Member Posts: 2,184

I don't really care that much about what the killer is as long as they have an interesting power.

• GuyFawx
    GuyFawx Member Posts: 2,027
    edited March 2022

Definately not but at least people would stop asking for it in the forum. Even tho this game is full of manchildren we dont really need actual children playing this game as they typically are the most toxic in my experience. Still tho I dont understand why this property is loved so much i guess i never will.

• Leachy_Jr
    Leachy_Jr Member Posts: 2,196

The only good coming from a FNAF chapter would be the r/dbdgonewild drawings, other than that I can't think of other benefits.

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,951

Yes, please lets get it over with.

• mr7ba_bk_
    mr7ba_bk_ Member Posts: 74

Think with me, If you see a little detail that reminds you a character you really like, and at the end, this character doesn't appear, would you be happy? This can be toxic only if fnaf fans exaggerating, and this is not the case, I think

• PerfectlyPink
    PerfectlyPink Member Posts: 435

Not before a Scaler chapter

• Vampwire
    Vampwire Member Posts: 709

No, Scott Cawthon has donated to right-wing charities NUMEROUS times. It be extremely hypocritical for BHVR to call themselves an inclusive company only to turn around and give royalties to a person like that.

Plus the game's story is garbage. It's been going on for too long without actual direction for almost 10 years now. The only cool thing about Springtrap is his design. Outside of that he's just cheap jump-scares and has no actual place in DBD.

• prion11
    prion11 Member Posts: 361
    edited March 2022

I think it would be quite cool. I say this as someone that doesn't care for the fnaf games, but I appreciate their uniqueness and imprint on the horror genre. An instantly iconic killer and map, that would bring one of the largest fanbases of young horror fans in existence today? I don't care if there are a lot of weird furries in there. it's good for the life of the game, period

• MikeyBoi
    MikeyBoi Member Posts: 541

No, Jason Voorhees or bust.

#RemoveOverheat on hillbilly!!

• indieeden7
    indieeden7 Member Posts: 3,369

No, I don't want the annoying fnaf fans to get what they want.

• indieeden7
  • istlix
    istlix Member Posts: 15

Yes, yes, yes, many times yes!!! I started liking Fnaf when I was around 8 years old and have loved it ever since. I would LOVE to see it in DBD. I'm afraid it'd bring in the toxic parts of the Fnaf community though.

• Sandt21
    Sandt21 Member Posts: 761
    edited March 2022

AT this point, the people who don't want FNAF in DBD are in the minority by a mile. Springtrap, according to most polls, is the single most requested killer in DBD history, beating even the likes of Jason Voorhees

I want FNAF so badly, but now, the biggest reason I want it is to see the FNAF haters complain even more

• Kira15233
    Kira15233 Member Posts: 473

Honestly, I'll keep saying it, NO NO AND NO, the franchise has turned to so much bad directions that it's not fun talking about it, the lore is decent I suppose but shoving dead kids in robot suits and their spirits control them now? No thanks, not violent enough for me, I want lore with Violence, what MADE killers turns into what they are ^^

• lauraa
    lauraa Member Posts: 3,195

Couldn't care less

• HexDaddyissues
    HexDaddyissues Member Posts: 328

no. The atmosphere within dbd is a well rounded feeling of anxiety and pressure. Having a robotic (whatever colors they are, im colorblind) bear with googly eyes make a b line to me would negate all feelings of actual horror. The bunny suit for legion is even too much to take seriously.

• Nos37
    Nos37 Member Posts: 4,142

No, not until they add a Terminator.

If they add FNAF first then a Terminator killer has less chance because "we already have a robotic killing machine in the game, Springtrap."

• eaebree
    eaebree Member Posts: 288

No

• Exxodus21
    Exxodus21 Member Posts: 1,170

I'd rather not but I don't really care much either way.

• Lx_malice
    Lx_malice Member Posts: 1,417
    edited March 2022

Before I was indifferent on it, but now I want just to spite those who don't want it. Just the mere mention of it seems to send them over the edge for some reason.

• Lx_malice

I do believe that is just a small, albeit loud, minority of the community. Most are adults by now and would just be happy to see a childhood horror game of theirs make it into a game they play on a regular basis today.

• _AdamFrancis_
    _AdamFrancis_ Member Posts: 698

Yes, I don't want annoying FNAF haters to get what they want

• Lx_malice

The fans will always be there asking for their favorite franchises. People still constantly ask for Jason even though he literally can't be added for obvious reasons. While I do agree that some of the fans reach really hard, again it's just a small minority of the community. There's no reason to deny it from being added just because of some loud stupid individuals thus killing it for everyone else who's more...rational.

Now if people wanted to argue why they really don't think it'd fit Dbd because of it's theme I'd say that'd be better, but we still have Trickster lol. That being said I kinda like Trickster. He's grown on me.

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,610

I'm torn, personally.

I have no real fondness for the game myself, but there's really no denying that it's an iconic juggernaut of video game horror that has earned a place in horror history regardless of whether it's ever included in Dead By Daylight or not. I've seen people try to deny that, but they're mixing up personal taste with notoriety- I personally don't like Saw, for instance, I find its reliance on gore cheap and unpleasant, and I don't like what I've heard about its story. But, once I'm done talking at length about why I don't like Saw, it's still an iconic and beloved franchise that will be remembered when horror is talked about. Same with FNaF.

(I've also seen some arguments that it shouldn't be included because its sequels suffer from a lack of cohesive direction and quality, which. Gee, I'm sure glad that Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Halloween, Nightmare On Elm Street, Hellraiser, Silent Hill, and Resident Evil don't share that same property...)

On the other hand, BHVR make a big deal (rightly) of being inclusive, and one could easily argue that including the works of a man who notoriously donates to right wing and anti-LGBT causes would fly in the face of that. I think there's room for arguments on either side, but it's certainly a thing to consider and a rightful sticking point for a lot of people.

In terms of the property itself, though, there's no reason not to include it. The aesthetics would fit and it's certainly iconic enough.

• Mr_Madness
    Mr_Madness Member Posts: 1,003

I am a fnaf fan and I am getting tired of seeing this all the time.

I want Springtrap ingame but seeing lot of fnaf posts all the time with no effort in the in it just makes me almost not want Fnaf.

People like in this channel don't spam it everywhere and actually put effort in explaining/showing why he could fit. Like really, for the past few days people just make 1 sentence and start spamming it NON STOP. If you wanna spam or make a post then make it worth reading because filling the dang discussions with Fnaf titles that has nothing worth reading is just tedious.

I like reading Fnaf posts but ones like these that don't explain much and is basically "Fnaf Good so Fnaf DBD" makes my soul hurt.

90% of people who don't want Fnaf are just sick of the spamming. 10% are just think its either Cringe, Political reasons which is dumb, Not an iconic Slasher "even though we had Demogorgon", or all the above.

Now its like a lose/lose situation since if we don't have Fnaf people will keep spamming it and if we get Fnaf people will spam "Told ya!"

Can we just keylock Fnaf or Springtrap unless the post matches that of an Essay so we now the person actually took the time making it instead of spamming it?

Again, don't hate fnaf but Ring came out a week ago and not even close to 6th year but also people are making every DBD post seem like a fnaf teaser which is annoying as hell.

• SunsetSherbet
    SunsetSherbet Member Posts: 1,607
    edited March 2022

No, and I think it would actually cause a decrease in players. My prediction is that there would be a short term boost. Then all the FNAF fans leave as well as long time players who don't want to play anymore due to that DLC. No reason to think there'd be any retention from the DLC. RE DLC basically had a 0% retention rate.

• Yatol
    Yatol Member Posts: 1,955

i don't care.

• CrashMADDS13
    CrashMADDS13 Member Posts: 302

Lmao this again? Is it really that hard to picture someone who is lgbt+ but also has a different opinion? Guess I'm a bigot because I don't agree with you.

Again, insufferable ๐Ÿ˜‚

• indieeden7

I think not wanting a title in dbd because the original creator supported homophobes isn't exactly an invalid reason though is it?

• SuzuKR
    SuzuKR Member Posts: 3,910

There are moronic LGBT+ people that support people that actively make things worse for them, like Caitlyn Jenner. It doesnโ€™t make it not bigotry just because the person is also part of the group. Thatโ€™s like saying black people canโ€™t be racist to black people, or women canโ€™t be misogynistic to other women.

This discussion has been closed.