We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

This totem location left me speechless

Murgleïs
Murgleïs Member Posts: 1,068

Very well hidden, as you can see

Comments

• El_Gingero
    El_Gingero Member Posts: 1,147

This is why I very rarely run hex perks. They aren’t strong enough to warrant such terrible spawns.

• EntitySpawn
    EntitySpawn Member Posts: 4,233

Iv had worse....

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

It certainly improved from the survivors perspective. Making it far easier to get rid of those pesky hexes.

• GuyFawx
    GuyFawx Member Posts: 2,027

Thing is using totems on nurse isnt really needed but ya their spawn can suck at times. I suggest you use none on her or go full on pentimento nurse

• Marc_123
    Marc_123 Member Posts: 3,553
    edited March 2022

If you are speechless you must be new to the game.

As i play killer too i am always sorry for the killer when i spawn directly in front of his Hex and cleanse it the second i can move.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,704

So shiny too

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,279
    edited March 2022

where boon there is no risk.

Post edited by Gcarrara on
  • Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,710

Well. If I do and get value out of it often… won’t you just talk it down by saying I am playing against potatoes? (Which I would kinda agree with, just saying to tell me to do it)

and Devour Hope is especially a high risk/very high reward perk. Take Ruin and you got a perk that’s being used often and is giving value often. Maybe not on top 0.1 % skill. But then again, there is only very few perks valuable on both sides there

• Mooks

Boons have nothing to do with any of this. Or do you suggest hexes should be working like boons, because then you would also need the set up time if you want them to function the same.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,279

no what I want is if the killer snuff it out the totem break or need to be how many time you boon one totem

like if you boon this one totem and it gets put out you can't relight that totem but you'll be able lit different totems but same will happen to that totem if it gets put out.

something!

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611

Yeah, that totem spawn sucks. And I always get it when I play on The Game, so I can understand the pain.

• Predated
    Predated Member Posts: 2,976

This is honestly one of the harder to find totems. Because you dont often come from that area as a survivor. It's not the best gen to fix, better to travel upstairs as there is more vision on a potential killer running and its out of hearing range from the staircase.

From your angle, that totem looks super obvious, but if we're gonna use angles to make totems look obvious, then I can stand next to any totem and be like "so easy".

• Mooks

Well I agree to some degree. But in the end, Hexes and Boons are two completely different topics.

you are explaining it from a reasonable point of view. We don’t do that here. ;)

• Mooks

Well. Then I gotta disagree with you. I get value out of it often enough when I run it (mostly for a challenge with exposed hits).

of course not every game, but that has been the nature of Hexes since their introduction.

• Predated

Thats 100% false though. You have a survivor not touching gens in a meta where survivors have to consider a lot of genregression perks to be active. The only way that a hex has no reward, is if no one touched the totem and you never gained the oppertunity to use it. Examples are:

1. Noed, but everyone is dead with 1 gen remaining
    2. Third Seal, but everyone has been grabbed from lockers
    3. Devour Hope, but everyone gets unhooked before you leave the region
    4. Thrill of the Hunt, but you're afk in a corner
    5. Ruin, but no one leaves gens
    6. Blood Favour, but you're in the middle of a deadzone anytime you injure a survivor/a survivor using FTP is in the middle of a deadzone
    7. Crowd control, but you're on The Game
    8. Lullaby, but you never hook anyone
    9. Plaything, but you never hook anyone
    10. Retribution, but survivors dont touch totems
    11. Undying, but survivors never even get close to totems.

Any other scenario, you got a reward from it. Maybe not a big reward, but that reward can easily outshine a lot of non-hex perks. Even Scourge Hooks are more likely to give you no value than a hex totem.

1. Gift of Pain, but they never heal up(still easier to track tho)
    2. Pain Resonance, but gens are either at 0 progression or finished.
    3. Floods of Rage, but everyone hides behind gens/inside lockers.

You're just mad that you didnt get close to the potential of the hex totem and call it worthless and a waste of a perk slot, but you're ignoring all the guaranteed value you have gained from survivors searching for and cleansing the totem.

• MrPeanutbutter
    MrPeanutbutter Member Posts: 1,586

That’s actually not too bad based on my experience. Usually mine spawn about 5 ft away from a gen in plain view. I don’t run hexes anymore because of how terrible the totem spawns usually are.

• Predated

I mean, the totem spawns are RNG, most totems are great, some are bad, this specific one is actually one of the better ones in general as its in a corner that survivors dont look for when searching for totems. You'd have to come from 1 specific angle, in a low traffic area. A bad totem is one that has many angles and is in a high traffic area.

Again, you are just mad that you didnt get the value you wanted from the hex totem, even though you clearly did get quite some value out of it, just not the value you wanted.

• Murgleïs
    Murgleïs Member Posts: 1,068

I shoud add that this totem was next to the stairs too. So not really a low trafic area.

• Predated
    edited March 2022

The point of the angle is, from that point of the map, people tend to go through the doorway from the staircase, but unless they are in chase against a ranged killer, there isnt much reason to look behind you. The other way, aka, the angle you see the totem from, is low traffic for survivors, because its not a great gen, not an easy to remember totem either, the fact that this totem hasnt been cleansed with 2 people dead already pretty much shows how good of a totem it is.

If it was as easy as some people here claim, they would start cleansing the moment you downed someone, and it would be cleansed before you could get back.

• Marc_123
    Marc_123 Member Posts: 3,553

Refreshing - just did the destroy 20 totems tome.

Jill with Small game and Counterforce - almost did 5 per trial. I didn´t had any NOED worries at all :-)

Also it is nice to learn totem spawns again.

• AlbinoViera
    AlbinoViera Member Posts: 169
    edited March 2022

While it's not the worst I've seen, it's still not a good totem spawn.

If I remember right, the side you're taking the screenshot from leads to an opening, so if survivors look towards the gen at all, they'll most likely see it., and while on the gen, it's highly likely they could hear it too.

It's not about the angle as some here are saying, it's an obvious totem and is beside a generator. Two things that make me surprised you were able to end the match without it being destroyed.

EDIT: Glad someone removed all the stuff that wasn't about the post's subject. But could ya at least leave some of my passive aggressiveness intact when you edit my comments? It's all I have damn it.

Post edited by AlbinoViera on
  • ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,356

That's not really the point here though. The point is to point out a bad totem spot, at least what OP sees as a bad totem spot. The outcome of the match doesn't really have anything to do with that.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,146

The one that's just by a tree in plain sight on Shelter Woods is the worst by far.

• shalo
    shalo Member Posts: 1,523

You got a LOS blocker between gen and totem, luxury!

• Jacoby2041
    Jacoby2041 Member Posts: 843

This is my favorite totem spot that I've seen personally. I've heard of some totems that spawn on top of a hill or in another high obvious spot called "lighthouse totems" I think they've mostly gotten rid of those. Not that the new spots are much better though

• Ados43
    Ados43 Member Posts: 3

8 Hooks, 2 dead, and 1 person on hook, 0 gens done, and ruin still up in the most obvious place?? What were the survivors even doing?!?!?! hahahahaha

• AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 3,036

You haven't seen the worst of it