The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Psst, Achievers! If the grind was reduced, would you expect compensation?

For those that have unlocked all or some perks for Killers/Survivors, and to those who have Prestige (X3) all or some Killers/Survivors:

• Would you expect any compensation for your feats of dedication?
  • What do you think would be appropriate as compensation, since others wouldn't have to work as hard in order to earn the same things--that undoubtedly took you more effort?
  • Prestigers: Would you be upset, or feel cheated if the task to prestige took less effort, and still offered the same rewards that you already earned?

NOTE: No one is sure what the dev's have in store to reduce the grind, but we do know something is in the works. For all we know it could be higher chances for 100% Bonus BP (Blood points) Offerings as a counter measure for example. However, it could be much more substantial than that. I'm curious to hear your thoughts.

Comments

• supersonic853
    supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,497

Ditto. Some stuff would be nice and make sense (like obviously if they add devotion rewards id expect to get my 10 devotion rewards) but the fun of actually having friends thatd play the game (besides my usual 4 man) outweighs it a good bit.

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,904

No, nor does it deserve anything as compensation because it’s not a real achievement.

You haven’t performed a service by playing and unlocking these things and to think it’s a feat worthy of compensation because you “worked” for it is just nuts.

Playing a video game isn’t work, having to play that game slightly longer than someone else because they changed how you unlock things after several years is not something in need of compensation.

If behaviour want to hand out some bonuses for sticking with the game then great but to view it as compensation for invested work is so silly.

• Nikatara69
    Nikatara69 Member Posts: 273

I'm waiting nothing from this company, they can't make game playable, and u want some reduce grind xD

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,556

Nah, I’m good. It’ll only result in more “give us legacy 2.0!!”.

• gendoss
    gendoss Member Posts: 2,270

I don't think the grind is that horrible now so I wouldn't expect compensation for just playing the game.

• El_Gingero
    El_Gingero Member Posts: 1,147

It would be cool for some kind of “legacy” cosmetic etc to signify the many millions of bloodpoints spent, but I’m not fussed either way.

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212

I have all my killers (bar Sadako) at P3-50. Pig, Plague, Nurse and Trickster all have every perk maxed.

I have a survivor at P3-50, Quentin, with every perk maxed, and other survivors are anywhere between P0-40 and P3-50.

I am a firm believer that the grind should be reduced, and expect no form of "compensation." Improvements to the game, and any game, should not be hindered by an attitude of "it was difficult and unenjoyable for me, so it should be for future players." This is an attitude I've seen across many games, and I always despise it.

I hope the prestige system sees more of a reward and relevance, just so that it feels like a better thing to do, not so that I can hoarde those rewards, because currently there's little to no value when cosmetics largely outclass bloody defaults.

• Ruma
    Ruma Member Posts: 2,069

Do you know whats funny? I almost have every Killer P3 Lv 50 etc and they probably wont reduce the grind before i maxed everything.

Same for Hunt Showdown. I am about to reach P100 soon and now they announced they will change the progression system soon.

• Starrseed
    Starrseed Member Posts: 1,774

I'm all for reducing the grind the only thing I would like is if the make prestige easier I would like for them to make new cosmetics and lock the old ones. I no many people have this good for you mentality and don't care but I think if it gets way easier I will feel cheater if suddenly every new player has prestige stuff after two weeks of playing

• Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911

Not a fan of the legacy cosmetics idea. Dont like exclusivity crap. You should use the cosmetics you like not use the ones that let you lord over others how special your unobtainable cosmetics are.

• Barbarossa2020
    Barbarossa2020 Member Posts: 1,369

Nothing wrong with legacy skins for those who have earned it.

• Supernaut
    Supernaut Member Posts: 1,532

Everything on everyone, bar the new characters here.

No, but free stuff is always nice.

I'm more interested in having my "Devotion" level recognised!

• Pepsidot
    Pepsidot Member Posts: 1,662

Bit off topic but when they reduce the grind I hope they make it so I can prestige without losing special addons and offerings (or... anything?). I sometimes regret not prestiging anyone but it's too late now for 90% of my characters.

• Kurri
    Kurri Member Posts: 1,599

I am actually scared, I am about to finish getting P3, and all perks on all my Killers, and the last thing I saw was a comment by Peanuts on another thread they were looking into "reducing the grind". I am worried that it will be like the bubba masks where you put in a lot of work for something, and then getting very little reward. It will suck if we get no reward at all.

• Yankus
    Yankus Member Posts: 638

Kind of agree, I'm all for making the grind easier for newer players but as someone who just got all killers p3 lvl 50 I'd at least like a little something for putting so much time into the game and helping those survivor queues :)

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,740

I entirely support an easier grind and more accessible game and, while I think compensation would be nifty, I don't expect any. I'll take making it easier in future

• livecola78
    livecola78 Member Posts: 36

I appreciate everyone's comments. I think I see where both camps reside. One on side, you'd rather the grind be reduced for those that are new or play casually so that they can participate with those that are veterans so that they can participate with eachother without feeling left out. On the opposite side, it took a lot of time to earn the things you have and it would feel kind of lame if others could earn what you have at a much faster rate.

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,308

Seeing the grind get decreased, preferably nuked from orbit, is compensation enough for me. And that's coming from someone at the point where I can't be bothered to spend BP until I'm about to hit the cap.

• Tiufal
    Tiufal Member Posts: 1,252

They literally cant change the system without compensation.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,152

I don't care about getting compensation for the characters I prestiged/maxed out. I just want the grind to go away for all my other characters. It's more a deterrent for me to get/use new characters.