The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

a message to the devs from a big supporter

Hey devs and hey for the toxic people of the fog :p
I'm a big fan of this game with +1250HR , i'm also an Arabic youtuber how bring a lot of people to this game with over than 25K to 50k view for each video i upload, you guys did a good job until now with the new content you add and the bugs you fix, but can you please add dedicated server, this will be huge to the game performance and big change to the player base , a lot of new games have it, and i can't believe this game don't until now, maybe i'ts not that big deal for alot of player but for the others like me i will became very happy if i find a lobby with stable 200 ping, the matchmaking for killer take over 10 min and this really frustrated for the killer main, i know you work on new algorithm and plan to release it soon, but i don't think this will be enough as long it will remain peer to peer connection, you make good event and sell the game for 10$ to make a larger player base but i saw it always remain the same after a weak of any update or event 15K - 30k player peak any day , it mean a lot of new players that buy the game lose there interest in the game because of time it take to find a lobby or the problems high ping bring to the gameplay, i know it's cost a lot and i'ts hard but this is a must have to game like this one, one of the devs once said we don't add mode to the game because we don't want to split the game community, how you will increase the player base to make new modes if you don't add dedicated servers.
do that please.
thanks

Comments

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

Servers arent that expensive anymore.
    The problem is redoing the whole code which has been designed for p2p

• Kaelum
    Kaelum Member Posts: 994

FYI, servers may not make for a better experience. The only given that servers will accomplish is that people who DC, especially the killer, will be punished appropriately, and everyone else will get their blood points. When done half-assed, you get a game like F13, which just added servers to consoles, and the game is basically un playable now. Be careful what you wish for.