Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

What are peoples thoughts on Canada?

humanbeing1704
humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,967

Would you consider coming here for tourism purposes?

Comments

• Tr1nity
    Tr1nity Member Posts: 5,047

Canadia is pretty good

• Idontknowtbh
    Idontknowtbh Member Posts: 467

I heard Canadians are super nice people in general. Like, yes, every place has good and bad people, but Canada has more nice people than not.

Is that true?

Plus, it's the safe place in the Handmaid's Tale, is it not?

If it ever came to that, I would escape there.

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,933

yes!

I thoroughly enjoyed my last visit to Canada...am possibly in the process of moving there as well, so definite positives from me.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

I visited Canada a long time ago, nice place. 👍

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,157

I've visited Canada a bunch of times, always a good time. I'm only maybe a 5 hour drive from Montreal.

First time was road trip to New Foundland where we drove through New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, and spent time on the west coast of New Foundland. Was wicked fun. Hiked a bunch. Area was super pretty. Would definitely go back.

Have done a bunch of road trips going to Niagara, Toronto, Ottawa, and Montreal. Love Ottawa, always a good time there. Montreal is pretty but always feel out of place there. Toronto is fun, has some of my favorite places like hockey hall of fame. Niagara I'm good with just a few hour visit before moving onto next destination.

Going to Canada so often I started to pick up French (reading not speaking) which was cool. Has also helped me with metric system since I've always sucked with it.

Always grab candy up there that we don't have down here. I personally think the kitkats are better. Also usually grab some Canadian Heinz ketchup - it's sweeter and less tangy than the American, goes better on some stuff because of that.

One of the road trips when we went to Niagara, Toronto, and Ottawa was during first round of playoffs and my Bruins were playing the Habs. Fam and friends were worried for our safety because of stories they'd heard of Canadian hockey fans being violent to Bruins or other original 6 US fans - some experienced it as Bruins fans that went to Montreal for a game. Toronto was mixed bag - some people saying they hoped the Habs beat my Bruins while others wanted the Bruins to beat the Habs. When we got to Ottawa the first round was over and my Bruins lost. Everyone in Ottawa gave their condolences for my Bruins losing, they were all wanting them to beat the habs. 😂 One waiter told a story about how he HATES the Habs and their fans. Guess over the years rivalry has gotten really bad between them, lots of fights between fans. One time when he and his pregnant wife went to game in Montreal the Habs fans tried jumping them for being Senators fans. He said he's never experienced anything like that with any other team, just the Habs.

• Mandy

That sounds like a lot of fun!

Pretty glad to hear some good reviews of Canada ngl.

• bm33

I mean, it all depends on where you go but that's any time being a tourist anywhere. I know Canada has their own sets of issues, I had looked into moving there at one point because old job had offices up there and I really enjoyed it up there when I visited. When I started reading news I saw it isn't some magical place with no issues like Americans like to believe. 😂

As tourist though I've always had a good time. Montreal was only place I ever felt kind of out of place but that's because it felt more judgy there - as a women that doesn't wear make up, spend time fixing her hair, and is more jeans/tshirt/flip flops definitely noticed the judgyness more. Luckily they have tasty food so I can eat my feelings if I feel overly judged. 😂

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,553

I have some online friends in Canada, they're good people, so Canada is cool in my eyes.

• Mandy

ohhhhhh you sound like me! And yeah that's where it looks like I'm going.

• pizzaduffyhp90
    pizzaduffyhp90 Member Posts: 901

I live in Canada and it's a nice place granted winter can be a bit annoying but, it's nice during Christmas time. Also you can't go wrong with a Canadian poutine or have a Beaver tail for dessert.

• bm33

Aside from the judgy feeling and the Habs fans it's a great place. 😂 I know other places in Quebec people only speak French but in Montreal thanks to all the tourism can get by with just English - which is nice since I'm terrible with languages. I'm sure living there is way different than being tourist there - probably way more enjoyable since if you are a resident you'll know what places to avoid/not waste you time. 😂

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,967

Weather is definitely different here in the west coast it rains lol

• ThePolice
    ThePolice Member Posts: 801

Looks nice but wouldn’t love there cuz of authoritarian government

• AGM
    AGM Member Posts: 806

That word does not mean what you think it means. This thread is about Canada, not North Korea...

• ThePolice
    ThePolice Member Posts: 801

No, it is what I mean, while they are not AS authoritarian as NK, they still are (freezing bank accounts)

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335

As a Mainer, and right across the border , it is definitely on the list

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266
    edited March 2022

Living in a city that the temperature is around 22-38 Celsius, I always wish my city has snow.

• Tr1nity
    Tr1nity Member Posts: 5,047
  • Valik
    Valik Member Posts: 1,274

I've been there for a short stay.

Sadly, the trip was ruined by tourists and the highway system.

I'm sorry Canada - you are a proud people - I cannot stand your highways. <3