Options
Raccoon
Raccoon Member Posts: 7,663

Always on - Always free

Comments

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,614
    Options

Idk if it's necessarily OP but it probably didn't need to be buffed as much as it did in order to make it good. 24m with no cooldown probably would've been enough.

• Raccoon
    edited March 2022
    Options

I feel like a lot of people are underestimating the utility of knowing which vault spots have spawned in structures and which have not/tile structure...before you even see them.

Might just be my own personal take.

• Raccoon
    Options

I don't consider myself a good player, but I can make chases last for ages uses WoO.

Most people just slot out IW for it - Huge meta break :(

• Raccoon
    Options

I already answered it above.

What's whinging about whinging called? Asking for a friend, of course.

• StardustSpeedway
    StardustSpeedway Member Posts: 882
    Options

It's a solid perk now. It's fine how it is. I hardly see that many people run it in my lobbies as both survivor/killer.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897
    Options

It's solid. Hardly OP.

• sumps1
    sumps1 Member Posts: 66
    Options

You were typing your reply as I was typing mine hence I did not see your reply. Look at time stamps.

I wasn’t whinging, I’m literally laughing at you crying over a hardly used perk saying it’s op when it’s fine. I’d rather see different perks being used rather than the same 4 perks every game but hey that’s just me.

• sumps1
    Options

I gave you a suggestion, which you didn’t acknowledge, to you saying that a survivor perk being op. I didn’t specify you were whinging but you took it that way. People are always whinging about survivor perks or killer perks etc. it was a general observation on the topic of yet another post moaning about a perk being op. So my og suggestion still stands. Would you prefer killer to pick survivors perks at the beginning of a match?

Youve hardly got a great argument in the first place. I wouldn’t call a perk free if you’re using a slot for it. You make no suggestion how it shouldn’t always be active either. So what’s the point of the post if you aren’t whinging?

• El_Gingero
    El_Gingero Member Posts: 1,147
    Options

The thing is, pretty much any survivor can make chases last a while vs most killers because maps are littered with strong tiles and an excess of pallets. All WoO does is show you where they are. So yeah, it will make you a better looper if you don’t already know the maps like the back of your hand because it shows you where to run, and granted it can help experienced players avoid the occasional deadzone, but I don’t see why that makes the perk itself too strong. If anything it just shows that map design is survivor sided.

• Raccoon
    Options

Ah, my bad - I took your bad faith suggestion as bad faith.

The point of the topic was, in a public forum, to express how I feel about a particular perk.

I personally use the perk and stated how I feel about it - My apologies for offending you.

• TheArbiter
    TheArbiter Member Posts: 2,274
    Options

I never see anyone even run the perk in my games lmfao

DH,DS,BT,UB all way way more prevalent and useful

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,793
    edited March 2022
    Options

Honestly the buff was fair considering zanshin tactics got the perma aura first

• Yatol
    Yatol Member Posts: 1,929
    Options

WoO is the kind of perks that most experience players dont use because they can easily play without it. But unlike garbage like Deja Vu you still have a good reason to keep using it.

• Raccoon
    Options

I personally get a lot of use out of it on maps that have multiple structures containing windows.

I definitely appreciate your reply, though, and agree that better players than myself probably don't get caught out as much by things such as window spawns (I know SWF can just call them out or w/e).

• Raccoon
    edited March 2022
    Options

I don't think Zanshin Tactics is remotely as viable because survivors lead the chase - I do use it on Doc sometimes to deny vaults/drops and it is definitely a good feeling :P

Deja Vu should be reworked, imo

Edit - Zanshin is decent if you have a breakable challenge to see walls.

• sumps1
    Options

It’s a bad suggestion because that’s all these posts warrant. Day in day out people moaning about perks but not adding anything constructive. All you did to back up the perk being op is “always on always free”. Had you elaborated a little more from the beginning, you wouldn’t have got that daft suggestion. So sorry for any offence you took.

• Raccoon
    Options

Sir/madam, surely you see the blatant irony and lack of self-awareness in your replies?

I will commend you on admitting it was a daft reply, though.

No offense taken at all - quite the opposite.

A good old pot-kettle scenario always makes me laugh.

• MrPeanutbutter
    MrPeanutbutter Member Posts: 1,586
    Options

It’s good, but there are better perks. I see it as kind of a “training wheels” perk for survivors who don’t know the maps very well yet. I used to always use it, but as I’ve become more familiar with the maps I have realized that lots of other perks are more useful for helping me and my team survive. Remember that if they bring WoO that’s one less slot for BT, DH, DS, CoH or other more annoying perks to deal with as killer.

• Raccoon
    Options

With all these people saying it's a training wheels perk, I'm starting to feel like Billy on his Tricycle T_T

• SunaIIanu
    SunaIIanu Member Posts: 769
    Options

I'm not a good survivor and I use WoO most of the time. It helps me a lot, but most of my chases are still short. So what I'm trying to say is that I do think that WoO is a really good perk, but it will not magically turn a bad looper like myself into a good looper, so I think you underestimate your abilities.

I'm sure that good players can still get a benefit from WoO, but they don't need it and can bring perks that are more impactful, so I think it is a fair perk.

• El_Gingero
    El_Gingero Member Posts: 1,147
    Options

No worries I know where you’re coming from as I run it with almost every build on survivor, but I just think it’s a strong perk for survivors like us, but as you get better and more knowledgeable, a window not spawning where you’re hoping during chase isn’t such a big deal as it’s compensated for in other aspects of looping.

• Shaped
    Shaped Member Posts: 5,869
    Options

I always loved woo. Compared to rest of the stuff in the game I think it is fine tho.

I might be biased because I get so much value out of it. It was my favorite perk for a long time and saves me time planing routes.

• Raccoon
    Options

For sure!

I feel the same way.

I'm a 'knowledge is power' kind of raccoon!

• WeenieDog
    WeenieDog Member Posts: 2,179
    Options

WoO isn't really a problem. It's maps/tile generation.

• AsherFrost
    AsherFrost Member Posts: 2,340
    edited March 2022
    Options

Is it the information or just the confidence to go with the route that subconsciously you already know is there?

Here's my position. These maps aren't all that different. If you got Midwitch, for example, you know there are going to be a couple classrooms on the 2nd floor linked with a window. On Leary's you know there's the upstairs, ring around the observation deck and down loop, etc.

The actual map variations aren't huge, and as you play your mind will get used to and notice where windows and pallets generally spawn. That's why I don't think it's an OP perk, because at best, it's giving you information that you'd get on your own without it, perhaps with the added confidence that you are remembering correctly. I put it in the same category as Detective's Hunch. Once you learn the spawn points and conditions of the thing you are trying to track, the slot can definitely be put to better use

• OpenX
    OpenX Member Posts: 890
    edited March 2022
    Options

I don't agree with that at all. Outside of voice comms or Alert, you have no idea what pallets have been used or not. You can know the tiles all you want, but you might be running straight to a tile where that pallet has long been dropped. Against some killers you just go down for that mistake instead of take a damage state. It's super useful in solo Q even for veteran players.

• Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,256
    edited March 2022
    Options

Personally I feel Windows Of Opportunity is fine. It helps plan routes ahead of time to get a prolonged chase instead of taking a turn somewhere where a pallet isn't at or a window.

I don't like Spine Chill because it shits on killers who are already bad and doesn't affect the good ones. Granted this is filtered to just Stealth Killers. Although my biased opinion is Spine Chill is just a better Premonition and Premonition could use a buff. Yeah you can argue that you know what direction the killer is coming from but with the design of maps in DBD the moment Spine Chill lights up you can narrow your line of sight to the only entry ways a killer can approach you to even get a hit.

Moral of the story - Buff weak stealth killers and premonition but that's my biased opinion. I still hate spine chill because most of the time it just leads to immersive gameplay but not a problem with the perk per se just the player.

• Jacoby2041
    Jacoby2041 Member Posts: 843
    Options

Usually I can look at a tile/building from a distance and know exactly what it's going to have and where. Like if this spot has a window, then I know a certain spot is going to have a pallet, if there is a breakable wall here then this other doorway is open, if a pallet is there then there won't be a pallet here, etc. Also can tell the orientation of a tile/building just by looking at one side of it. There are some things I can't tell until I'm there, especially on indoor maps, so it's a bit more useful on those but still, some things are always the same or only have a little variation. As far as pallet status I can usually make a good guess based on game sense; if I know someone was chased/downed in that area recently then there's liable to be pallets missing so I shouldn't count on them being there

Also in regards to knowing if pallets have been used, Alert and Any Means Necessary are pretty good, don't have a range limit, and have some other functions besides pallet status, though they do require a bit of memory since their info is temporary and AMN has a cooldown if you lift a pallet, but I think they're a better alternative

I feel like WoO is most helpful for those who aren't familiar with the map or tile nuance, and maybe on some indoor maps in certain instances since you can't see as far, but I think the training wheels can be taken off once you're pretty comfortable with the map and have some good game experience (or watch a few Otz videos about tiles). Ultimately, it can be pretty nifty but I definitely wouldn't say OP and there are better options if you're confident in your map knowledge/memory

• AnneBonny
    AnneBonny Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 2,252
    Options

can the devs please come up with shorter perk names because WoO and OoO are horrible acronyms

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,651
    Options

I think you're the guy that made me play a game with your WOO build and I escaped first try lmao

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335
    Options

Obviously, it's one of my favorite perks! And so helpful in planning escape routes before a even hear a heartbeat.

But at least I am not running meta, isn't that preferred by most killers?

• Raccoon
    Options
  • GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,651
    Options

WoOoOoOoOoOo sounds like you're either very drunk or very sarcastic and OoOoOoOoOoOo is either singing at 4am or, again, very sarcastic

• remoirel
    remoirel Member Posts: 231
    Options

only people i see use this perk are the ones that run to a pallet, camp it, then run to the next one. repeat till dead.

• Raccoon
    Options

I was amused that the person above you was running WoO/DH.

Good game!

*nods in Maxyboy127*

• OpenX
    OpenX Member Posts: 890
    Options

Well I guess that person is psychic then. On some massive map like RPD you are never gonna keep track of what pallets have been used. They could go down ages away from where the chase started. They could have camped every pallet, or not used a single one. I already mentioned alert but it's not perfect information. The killer could be undetectable when they kicked the pallet. WoO is perfect information. It's that simple.

• AsherFrost
    AsherFrost Member Posts: 2,340
    edited March 2022
    Options

Yes, on rpd it is more difficult, but hardly requires ESP. yes it gives perfect information when you're close enough, doesn't do a thing to help you reach the window, just let's you know it's there. You should have a good sense of when you are running somewhere there are a bunch of broken pallets already from playing the game.

While it does work better in indoor maps (like rpd) as was stated, it still isn't overpowered. At best it gives you something to aim for while you run at the exact same speed already. It doesn't negate any other power or perk, certainly doesn't give the survivor any additional hardiness or speed, just takes a small amount (and really after the first year of playing it's a tiny amount) of randomness out of how you plan running away.

Even if the killer is undetectable the pallet makes noise when it breaks, and leaves bits on the ground.

I would feel differently if it provided more information, like if it included the location of gens, totems those would be OP, but windows and pallets are basic enough information that you should already learn.