We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

Is there a potential possibility to a Survivor or Killer to switch roles?

Options
kizuati
kizuati Member Posts: 1,386

I've always wondered if a Killer could grow a human connection (maybe legion?) and for the entity decide that they'll be more of use as a survivor..

Or a survivor getting darker and darker thoughts getting pushed into their mind by the entity to become a killer...?

Comments

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,176
    Options

I think especially in the beginning it has been hinted at or outright stated that survivors can become killers. And Blight is actually said to be one, as he was a survivor that experimented on other killers with the blight serum and eventually ended up getting addicted to that serum and being turned into a monster controlled by the Entity. Not sure on the exact lore though.

• kizuati
    Options

I remember him being more on the outskirts,running through the fog,encountering beasts (killers) and then using the blight serum a bunch,later on I think he was trapped in the void,where all the survivors and etc. are discarded after they're of no use and tried to escape like Vigo,but failed,ending up under Entity's control as he begged for "just one more flower"

• cordonrouge
    cordonrouge Member Posts: 155
    Options

there's an entry in one of the first tomes that mentions survivors killing other survivors who have gone mad. specifically it says someone realized he was stuck in this neverending nightmare and he went crazy and started screaming and the others had to "shut him up" by drowning him in a puddle to avoid being found by the killer.

this doesnt stop them from their role of survivors though. i think the intention behind the action is what makes you a killer, and that's something they did specifically to survive and not with malice of heart... well not exactly.

anyway it's kind of a weird entry because the devs said that they get memory wiped after every trial, so idk. maybe it was subtly retconned.

• kizuati
    Options

they start to piece things together,clearly? like look at benedict's journal,they clearly grow aware eventually if they're smart

• cordonrouge
    cordonrouge Member Posts: 155
    Options

I'm basically going through the tomes in order, and not spoiling myself through the wiki. it takes a pretty long time and I'm still at tome 3, so forgive me but I don't know about Benedict's diary yet.

anyway I think what I said still stands, that if you kill someone out of survival instinct or necessity, you're still a survivor. imagine two survivors running and one pushes the other to buy himself time and escape the killer.

while if you kill someone else just because you enjoy it, perhaps you would become a killer, if you're not one already from the beginning like trickster.

• AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 2,985
    Options

Benedicts journal is the original lore drops, from when the game started and he'd describe killers, the entity etc. He's pretty much forgotten and retconned at this point, but I've heard a few people suggest he's the observer

• fogdonkey
    fogdonkey Member Posts: 1,567
    Options

It can work in the opposite direction, there are rumors of promoting Nea to a killer.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,176
    Options

Pretty sure it was retconned at this point and wasn’t really set in stone from the beginning…. The survs being able to use perks from others as teachables already implies they have more knowledge about their existence in the realm… also they have access to the bloodweb which they kinda use to prepare for a trial? Pretty sure there is more in the original lore that contradicts that survs lose their memory after each trial..

• kizuati
    Options

he's most definitely not. Baker was a survivor, light on his feet, abandoning his notes eventually...

the observer had the Auris(? idr the name) for a while and has always been in prison,not in trials

• Dito175
    Dito175 Member Posts: 1,391
    Options

I don't know if it can happen, in an interview with pauliesther, Mcote mentioned that it's something they don't plan to explore, he also alluded to having only one version of a person in the realm.