Map Voting

I think DBD should take after C.O.D and let the survivors and the killer vote between three randomized maps in each lobby, the map with the most votes being the one that we go to. What do you guys think?

Comments

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,792
    How does that make any sense?
  • HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

Yea 4 vs 1, brilliant idea

• HuN7r3sS
    HuN7r3sS Member Posts: 211
    What I mean is the killer gets the final decision, it's not a vs thing
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@HuN7r3sS said:
    I think DBD should take after C.O.D and let the survivors and the killer vote between three randomized maps in each lobby, the map with the most votes being the one that we go to. What do you guys think?

And the killer vote counts 4x more I guess?

• HuN7r3sS
    Master said:

@HuN7r3sS said:

And the killer vote counts 4x more I guess?

It's 5 people deciding on 1 of 3 maps, whoever is 5th will tie or break a tie
  • Khalednazari
    Khalednazari Member Posts: 1,433
    I don't see map rotation as a huge problem. It's fine as it is. Leave it on RNG. 
  • AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061
    Killer could choose 1 realm. Survivors can choose another realm. 2 selected realms. One chosen at random. Booyah...gg
  • AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061
    I just want to see the randomiser working because i want to see why it gives the same map every few matches.
  • HuN7r3sS
    AshleyWB said:
    Killer could choose 1 realm. Survivors can choose another realm. 2 selected realms. One chosen at random. Booyah...gg
    Now that makes more sense
  • HuN7r3sS
    AshleyWB said:
    I just want to see the randomiser working because i want to see why it gives the same map every few matches.
    Yeah, I always get the farm or autohaven, getting maps like Haddonfield or Lery's once out of 10 matches
  • Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

@HuN7r3sS said:

So the Killer gets the choice between Survivor-favored map #1 or Survivor-favored map #2? And inversely, if the Killer gets to put up options, Survivors get the choice between Killer-favored map #1 and Killer-favored map #2? No thanks.

• Entità
    Entità Member Posts: 1,583
    I have in mind a more elaborate system: the map is revealed during loading, immediately after the offerings, and each player can cast a vote from 1 to 10. This vote does not affect the current game, but the probability that the map is randomly selected in the future games of that player, obviously taking into account the preferences expressed by the other four players involved.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

The maps just need to have an equal chance of being selected rather than what we have now, which is where the more versions of a map exist the higher chances it has.

• Saint_Ukraine
    Saint_Ukraine Member Posts: 942
    HuN7r3sS said:
    We have offerings. That's the best we're going to get.
  • powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@Orion said:

@HuN7r3sS said:

So the Killer gets the choice between Survivor-favored map #1 or Survivor-favored map #2? And inversely, if the Killer gets to put up options, Survivors get the choice between Killer-favored map #1 and Killer-favored map #2? No thanks.

I was thinking the same thing Doctor on Gideon's spam or any Cornfield/Autohaven.

• Kamikaze_Rose
    Kamikaze_Rose Member Posts: 247

"Killer-favored map" :|:|:|