Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Do the reagents still get use at all?

JamnJelly
JamnJelly Member Posts: 139
edited April 2022 in General Discussions

I've noticed not many run any of the fog offerings. Are they useful or just a byproduct of older times?

Edit:

Duly noted, thank you all for the responses. Do you believe we should just remove them in that case, to clear up bloodwebs?

Post edited by JamnJelly on

Comments

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

Leave it in the past

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,706

The reagents are worthless. Replace them with something worth using or get rid of them.

• MrPeanutbutter
    MrPeanutbutter Member Posts: 1,586

They should remove not only these but the other 50% of items, add-ons and offerings that are useless and a total waste of BP.

• ThaneKrios33
    ThaneKrios33 Member Posts: 5

To be honest those offerings dont really affect my gameplay when i use them. However stealth character and those with dark cosmetics may benefit from these.

• ThaneKrios33
    ThaneKrios33 Member Posts: 5

Honestly they should be removed to clear up and make bloodwebs easier to use and most importantly, less overwhelming.

• Mdawgu
    Mdawgu Member Posts: 408

Only time I remember them being played was by a SWF that brought 4 purple ones... Unfortunately they didn't know that despite reagents 'stacking' one purple maxes out how much fog will spawn. And I was playing trapper. Wah wah waaah.

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611

I've only see one person bring a Murky Reagent and that's it. And it did nothing. Reagents are useless and if the fog is never going to get fixed, just delete them.

• OpenX
    OpenX Member Posts: 890

They still do a fair amount on some maps. Eerie of crows gets a ton of mist, as does Ormond funnily enough. Maybe the new Haddo will be super misty with a purple.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,059

Reagents are pointless. I went against a Survivor Team who burned 2 browns and a yellow, this should guarantee pretty thick Fog. There was barely anything at all, I have not seen any difference.

They are just clocking the Bloodweb at this point. The Fog was an interesting mechanic, when it was actually impactful. But nowadays Maps are so bright that even a little bit of Fog cannot change anything (or they are pitchblack like the Houses on the new Haddonfield, which will also not be impacted by Fog at all).

• Chaos999
    Chaos999 Member Posts: 869

While I agree that they are mostly useless, I do remember a game against a swf with 4 claudette that brought these along a grim pantry addon and it was a really fun climatic trial. Honestly that was largely due to them just kinda wanting to goof around.

I think they were recording an trying to see what they could get away with in front of the killer and after a bit of adjusting it lead to some really fun situations like finding one of them pretending to be a rock xD.

They did get gens done, but weren't rushing so I didn't feel pressed to be super efficient and ended up getting 2 hooks on everyone and couldn't bring myself to sacrifice any of them in the end.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,752

They don't get used because the fog now is less fog and more a rather awful looking smog.

Climate change is real in the Entity's Realm, all the gens are causing so much pollution it's starting to spread

• Brokenbones
    Brokenbones Member Posts: 5,167

Reagants are forbidden snacks

I like to think some survivors drink them

Also don't burn a purple reagant on eyrie of crows, you will regret it

• AsherFrost
    AsherFrost Member Posts: 2,340

They don't seem to actually change anything in 99% of the maps. If they aren't going to fix that, may as well remove them entirely

• CluelessWanderer
    CluelessWanderer Member Posts: 939

They're just junk. Like the other 50% of sheer junk that BHVR makes us wade through on the bloodweb. Even keys are near useless now and yet cost a ton of BPs.

List of junk we waste BPs on:

• Reagents
    • Brown tool boxes
    • Green maps
    • Keys (matter of opinion- but they shouldn't cost so many BPs anymore imo)
    • Key add ons (b/c no one uses keys much anymore)
    • Hatch offerings (if no one uses keys, why bother?The Killer will know exactly where the hatch is, and even if you brought a key, Killer will just stand on top of the hatch)
    • Brown Chalk pouches (even yellow ones- do they do anything?)
    • Bloodied Blueprint
    • Torn Blueprint

I think getting a survivor/killer to Prestige 3 should remove most of the crap brown offerings from ones blood web.

• malloymk
    malloymk Member Posts: 1,553

Amen. Just clutter. Something to waste blood points on. Even most blood point offerings are a waste as well.

Can't wait to see their solution on the grind in 2047. Thank God they're not applying any bandaid fixes like eliminating perk tiers. /s

• tesla
    tesla Member Posts: 446
  • Heliosse
    Heliosse Member Posts: 110

The fog is ugly i would like it to be redorked, i use fog everytime, it feels just like home