Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Should autodidact be buffed to increase the odds of triggering skill checks.

N8dog
N8dog Member Posts: 541

I like the idea of this perk but the unreliability of skill checks ruins it. I think it needs to buff the odds maybe 10/15/20% depending on the tier. Would you approve this (or another percentage) buff?

Should autodidact be buffed to increase the odds of triggering skill checks. 30 votes

yes
76%
F60_31brokedownpalaceanarchy753PatchNoirMazoobiFilthyLegionMainSakurraZeb89Kill_Yr_Idol83IlliterateGenocideHerachi_SakuraItzZane_haseulfromloonaPSPSwampfoxsizzlingmario4UlaVlarianStroggzDogeDogeMan 23 votes
No
20%
GibberishAven_FallenValikHex_LlamaAurellexandertje10 6 votes
I never heard of this perk
3%
bjorksnas 1 vote

Comments

• Valik
    Valik Member Posts: 1,274
    No

It should be reworked to grant flat healing speed nerf/buffs - not random skill checks.

The major problem this perk faces is that it can actually get someone killed early on - and relies heavily on random chance to prove viable later. It's possible you can heal multiple health states without netting a positive skill check.

~

The Greatest ability at your disposal is your ability to expand your knowledge.

-60% Healing speed.

While healing another survivor, succeeding at skill checks grants a token up to 8.

For each token, increase healing speed by 15/20/25%

At max tokens, skill checks grant 10% bonus progress.

"There's no limit to what you can achieve, as long as you back with hard work." — Adam Francis

~

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,707
    yes

Yes but only by a very small amount. It definitely needs the buff, but it would not take much for this perk to get out of hand.

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611
    No

Autodidact does need some sort of buff, but not too much because otherwise it might get out of hand.

• AverageKateMain
    AverageKateMain Member Posts: 949

In my opinion, it definitely could use a slight buff to make it more reliable but keep in mind it can also have the unintentional effect of getting to crazy of a buff (Boil Over on RPD). It should increase the chances of getting skill checks until you get max stacks then it will slightly decrease the odds

• Nos37
    Nos37 Member Posts: 4,142

Autodidact is garbage, so long as Circle of Healing exists.

I run Autodidact, Empathy, Empathic Connection, and Iron Will, yet survivors would rather run to Circle of Healing than let me heal them.

• Ula
    Ula Member Posts: 276
    yes

Or the skill check mechanic could be reworked to be more consistent.

I don't think increasing the odds of getting skill check would be the best solution, but it would be better than what we have now, so I'm down for this change.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,060
    No

Autodidact clearly needs a Buff, probably even a Rework. But I dont know about buffing the odds of Skill Checks.

The thing is, what makes Autodidact bad is that you start with a penalty and need to rely on RNG to turn it into an advantage. However, if you can turn it too fast into an advantage, you have a pretty fast healing.

If they would buff the skill check odds you would need to make skill checks appear more often while the penalty is active and less often while the benefit is active (so the first Skill Check will come very fast, second a bit slower and once you turn the healing progression positive, it will become less likely to get a Skill Check). However, I also dont really like this way, because you would basically be punished (less Skill Checks, less value from Autodidact, less BPs, etc.) because you are using a Perk.

The idea of Autodidact is great and creative. But I think the Perk cannot be buffed with its current effect.

• Valik
    Valik Member Posts: 1,274
    No

My major issue with the current perk is that failing a skill check can actually be MORE BENEFICIAL than earning one in tight situations. That first check can condemn you and your entire team if put in a bad position.

I'd rather have slow healing than a prompt that takes a massive chunk of healing away. It makes things a lot less painful and a lot more consistent in the long run.

However, I think that something that can be done to give this effect a bit more to look forward to - is to cause a skill check prompt whenever you enter or exit the killer's terror radius. Healing and heartbeat starts? Auto skill check. Still healing and they back away? Another skill check. It would also reward you for using this perk on the fringe of a killer's reach rather than right in their face - or when you're in another zip code.