We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

A question about Mikaela

Options
leatherfav88
leatherfav88 Member Posts: 209

So heres something that i would like to know. So, Mikaela is supposed to be the witch architipe of dbd, which i think her story does well, and it makes scence for a witch character to have boon totems. The question i have is...why? Why Was mikaela chosen for boon totems when their was a character in the archives who already had those witch themes. For those who do not know, the hags grandmother was introduced in her tome a strock of luck, and she honestly seems like a much more interesting character then mikaela(not to say mikaela isnt intresting, but the hags grandmother is much more) and before anyone says anything, i dont think that the Hags grandmother is the women mentioned in the cook book. Im not saying that mikaela isnt good enough to be the witch survivor of dbd, but the question is; is she better then the hags grandmother? And i would honestly say, no. And imagine the lore that could have came with her, it could have explored the occult world that she came from and give alot of world building.

P.s sorry for any spelling mistakes

Comments

• ItzZane_
    ItzZane_ Member Posts: 965
    Options

Honestly, The whole aspect of boons is bad. from a gameplay & lore prespective.

Gameplay: They are honestly so strong & can be abused in many ways, The only nerf/rework that'll happen is probably in 3 years or more.

Lore: Totems were introduced because of hag. Now. Mikaela literally doesn't have any connections with hag or the village she was from, How does she know how totems work? We don't know that. Totems should be only for killers. At least in my opinion

That's just my opinion by the way, You can form any opinion.

(This is coming from a survivor main who hates boon perks)

• IlliterateGenocide
    IlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 5,989
    edited April 2022
    Options

Totems are used in countless Religious and Ethnic groups , For good and bad.

so I cant say I agree with you that Mikaela wouldn't know about totems just because she knows nothing about Sherwood or her village.

Besides Many "Witch" Practices have to do with "Totems".

Also Boons are not a problem. Circle of Healing is and even that wont be nearly as much of a problem as it used to be

• Dito175
    Dito175 Member Posts: 1,391
    edited April 2022
    Options

Maybe because they thought Hag's granny wouldn't sell that well? I can only speak for myself, but i'd rather play with mikaela than a old lady.

Post edited by Dito175 on
  • ItzZane_
    ItzZane_ Member Posts: 965
    Options

You do have a point from the gameplay perspective, Though they should've given her a new totem design for her.

From what I know. Not every totem is the same, I could be wrong though

• Seiko300
    Seiko300 Member Posts: 1,862
    Options

Because she rocks mad Hex Girl vibes.