Lets talk about the anniversary event livestreams

Options
BenZ0
BenZ0 Member Posts: 4,125
edited April 2022 in General Discussions

I am a OG beta player soy boy from dbd. I have palyed and witnessed every single one. The 3th Anniversary (which was the first one with a proper Livestream and big event that we get now every year) came with the Ghostface reveal and the big Freddy rework.

It was really exciting, even though it wasn't that much content we got the devs announced quiete a few and interesting stuff there. We got footage of the Freddy rework, the Rift got announced the first time and alot of other leaks and interesting plans for the future.

Most of the stuff made it into the game (Which it should cuz why do you announce then stuff in a anniversary Livestream in the first place?).

The 4th Anniversary was also pretty decent with Silent hill chapter coming into the game, I was so happy, I love silent hill and I still love pyramid head <3. Great chapter with a amazing looking map (Balancing and gameplay issues aside). But it started here ... they announced a "early game" mechanic for Killers to help out the pressure build up especially for newer Killers. Did we saw or hear anything? Nope.

5th Anniversary with Resident evil, again I think it was a great anniversary with a amazing chapter. Jill and Leon are amazing survivors and I both love them, I am also a big RE fan and played all games multiple times. Rpd is not that nice but Nemesis is a fun Killer and I do get why the devs didnt went crazy with his possibilities they had with him and his power. Still a pretty good chapter overall.

But again we got announcements that didnt held themselves... yes boons came to dbd but WAY too late, they announced it and we saw them 4 months later... they also said they are going to work on keys which also came really late till ppl almost forgot it. And we just get 1 single map rework even though they said they want to "continue" the realm beyond.

For the 6th anniversary... I am not that excited anymore, half of the ######### mentioned there will make it into the game anyway almost a half year later, it doesnt feel like a unique BIG event anymore, more like a desperate way trying to keep ppl at the game and not leave it.

I am not like the other cringy ppl saying dbd is dying or something, I think dbd is doing great balance progress, the new content is almost ALWAYS amazing and really really well done and balanced overall. Its very slow yes but still very high quality and rarely dissapoints. Player counts are scary to see atm but its not the first game in the world that has ups and downs, dbd will most likely still go on and maybe even see another big peak.

Still the anniversary livestream will most likely go that way: Chapter announcement, 2-3 BIG news that will come a half year later anyway with very vague info about it and some free BP codes thats it. Sadge