Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

What do you think of SBMM?

DogeDogeMan
DogeDogeMan Member Posts: 22
edited May 2022 in Polls

[This post is old news] to see my current opinion on SBMM now that the tests are finished and I have played for a while with the "finished" SBMM, go here https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/322432/my-final-thoughts-on-sbmm/p1?new=1

I think SBMM is quite bad, cause the grade by itself looks at how skilled you are, and get you to equilibrium with your skill. SBMM just throws that out of the window, and matches are random, and unfair.

What do you think of SBMM? 36 votes

I agree, matchmaking should be based on grades
72%
BlueberryInsaneCoasterValikZeb89darkcloudlinkgetuy45u4iuraevellGannTMMrSheep51mrcake115SoupletGuiltiijaceobGarlicRiceJeanCharpentierPuddlesJamnJellyVlarianBeemoHitari 26 votes
I disagree, SBMM is fine the way it is
19%
F60_31randonlyRattiusThatOneDemoPlayerBennett_They1ThemPommesmagicmooman 7 votes
I don't care about matchmaking
8%
PSPTricksters_WifeUla 3 votes
Post edited by DogeDogeMan on

Comments

• Vapewolf
    Vapewolf Member Posts: 2

What use is matchmaking in DBD if the DEVS have annoyed the game???

Until recently I had a community of over 70 players on my Dicord and now we are only 3. All because the DEVS are too stupid to do things right. By the way, you can also see that in the number of players, which are constantly going downhill.

Really great how you broke the game and I will now uninstall it and put my money into other games. Bravo you Devs Noobs. Shame on you

• Valik
    Valik Member Posts: 1,274

It should be a BPPM model.

Change the BP scoring events in game to best reflect player skill.

Calculate the average BP yield per minute of the game played.

Survivors that get 6k in a long match are placed in the bottom, survivors that get 20k before dying after a few minutes are much higher, etc.

It's really not rocket science.

• JeanCharpentier
    JeanCharpentier Member Posts: 370

Upping your post for the devs to see it.

SBMM must be removed asap. If not, next month average player count on steam will be around 25k.

Mark my words, devs won't be able to say they did not know.

• scubasyd
    scubasyd Member Posts: 74

Matchmaking should be based on RANKS not grades

• SebaOutbreak
    SebaOutbreak Member Posts: 399

No system will ever make this game, an asymmetrical 4vs1, feel fair. The more I play this and other games, the more I come to terms with that fact. And people will complain no matter how terrible or great the system is.

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,612

Not voting but weighing in here, because the right answer is "SBMM has some flaws but it's better than grades, which were fundamentally unfit for purpose from the start".

I find a lot of the time, people's objections to the MMR system we have stems from one of two main misunderstandings- either a misunderstanding of matchmaking versus balance (IE, those who complain about 'sweaty' games or only seeing meta perks, not understanding that what they're complaining about is the result of good matchmaking and a flaw with the game's overall balance) or a misunderstanding of single-game skill versus overall skill (IE, those who say the MMR system doesn't measure skill because they can't grasp that it measures your consistent skill, nor your skill in one specific match).

I've simply yet to hear a reason why the grades system would be better, beyond either one of those misunderstandings or a frankly revisionist-level rosy view of grades.

• AndehX
    AndehX Member Posts: 14
    edited May 2022

The correct answer is SBMM. Matchmaking should always be determined by skill. The problem is the way BHVR measures skill. It's a very lazy "Did you escape?" "Yes/No" method of determining skill. So it's no wonder everyone hates the SBMM system currently.

What's most annoying to me, is that with 2 minutes of brain power, you can easily fix this. There are very easy ways to measure skill in things like chases.

Are you in a chase? - Yes

Successfully vaulted a window? - Yes - award blood/skill points

Is the killer within 2 meters of you and facing you? - Yes

Did he attack and miss? - Yes - award blood/skill point

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to make a skill based system work. It just takes a bit of time to implement, which I honestly don't think BHVR could be bothered to do.

They probably already thought about what I just suggested, but then figured "well it would be quicker and easier to just measure skill by weather you escape or not. Yeah that'll do."

Lazy.

• Ula
    Ula Member Posts: 276
    edited May 2022
    I don't care about matchmaking

Voted 3rd option because you didn't offer the option "SBMM is the way to go, but our current sbmm is ######### ".

I think grades means nothing more than "I played a lot this month", and has nothing to do with skill. Ultimately, it isn't much different than no matchmaking rule.

For these you say "dbd shouldn't have a sbmm because it isn't a competitive game", I think saying "a game is competitive" is wrong, but what's right is "a game mode is competitive", and there I agree dbd doesn't have a competitive game mode. However, ARAM in LoL is not a competitive game mode but it has sbmm.

Free to you to agree with me or not, but here's my though on the subject.