Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Killers should stop expecting easy 4K every match

Sluzzy
Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130

The threads about killer being unfun and weak is getting old. Killers are not leaving either. Right now survivors are much faster to get in matches than killers during the peak of the day.

There has been 6 years of constant and unrelenting survivor nerfs to the extent that experienced killers practically never lose now because the game is so broken in favor of killer.

If you are not winning, all that can really be said is to git gud. Stop crying to BHVR to make the game easy for you. Survivors are practically spawning in the dying state as we speak.

And lastly, if you think killer is hard, please play solo matches. You will experience the hardest, most unfair, and most impossible thing in any video game. Survivors are extremely disadvantaged and this is why the game is losing its momentum. It is definitely not because "killers are weak".

Comments

• RMT
    RMT Member Posts: 32

Thanks for opening our eyes

• Blasphemy_Kitten
    Blasphemy_Kitten Member Posts: 11

I can agree with this to an extent. Solo queue as Survivor is one of the most miserable experiences in this game, but this post does feel very exaggerated. Both sides have a lot of issues, as I've found from playing only a few times as a killer. I found myself genuinely getting angrier playing as killer against toxic survivors than as a survivor against toxic killers. 50% of matches are ruined by teammates when I solo queue just sabotaging or not doing objectives, so it still mostly is in part to survivors being awful.

• HelloKitty2022
    HelloKitty2022 Member Posts: 146

The problem is cause you cant balance Solo Survs, Killers and SWF. SWF dominate all. Killers get some help to come near to SWF but that makes them op if they face Solo Survs. Solo Survs suffer most from frustration but directly followed by killers. SWF is the problem!

And look in the evening hours when most people player killer queue is about 30 seconds and less. As Surv i sometimes wait more than 10 minutes cause several killers dodged lobby since they sus its a SWF.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

*grabs a bag of popcorn*

this is gonna be a fun one

• Sluzzy

Your struggles against a SWF is really more of your lack of experience as killer as you said you only played killer a few times. You were probably unfairly matched as well so that is really not because survivors are strong, but they were very experienced.

If the game was more fair and doing some of the objective was more rewarding, you would find better survivor morale. The killer meta oppresses the objective. It is not very encouraging, neither is it very reinforcing to bust your rumps to get the objective done by a miracle simply to lose to NOED and NO Way Out. The playing field needs to be fair and it is not right now.

• DoritoHead
    DoritoHead Member Posts: 3,546

To be fair I think it's less difficult to win with perkless Clown than it is to get a 4-man escape in solo queue

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

May I suggest waiting for others to unhook you and unequipping No Mither?

Those 2 simple things will greatly improve your survivor experience!

• eaebree
    eaebree Member Posts: 288

I play solo q and i escape 8 out of 10 matches 😂 idk who needs to get good here

• eaebree

I have to admit that i dodge lobbies with what i think are not very good survivors. And only get good ones to play with wich is quite fun and gets easy wins in solo q killers are not op in any means but survivors just need one good chase at start and 3 gens done in less then 2 mins if they split up wich good survivors do.

• gendoss
    gendoss Member Posts: 2,270

Very true. Whenever I spawn in as survivor I know within the first 30 seconds whether I'm winning or not and most of the time it's not. Nobody can last more than 20 seconds in a chase and gens take 80 seconds. Survivors are playing catch-up right from the very beginning of the match.

• eaebree
    edited April 2022

Many killers blame swf when they get destroyed by good solos i had many of that situations so that argument solo q and swf is not very valid.

• eaebree

Sure all you complainig are just bad at game and that is full story you will never admit that.

• eaebree

With so many palets and safe spots you cant last more then 20 secs? And you will blame killers being op for that really? Xd

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,140

The threads about killer being unfun and weak is getting old.

But, killer's not fun.

Neither is solo survivor. Playing survivor with my friend (so, two-man SWF) is fun sometimes. I never play in a 4-man squad, but I expect that's really the only truly fun mode in the game.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

I play solo and I don't think it hard I mean just like killer your not meant to get 4 escape ever match sometimes you and one other maybe get killed or could be 3k or 4k for the killer.

now killer I don't want easy 4k or 3k I'm happy with 2k fun game but most of my games are 4 escape or I get 1k from camping near the end of the game.

killers are not easy and I don't want to play and learn the 2 or 3 killers who can handle swf group or 4 good solo.

I said this before 4 solo can easily act like 4 man swf group I been in one.

• eaebree

As i said i switch lobbies and when i'm sure they will play good i'm in you can tell when you see them honestly

• eaebree
    edited April 2022

Good solos mate trust me and for everything other you say i totaly agree with you. 3 man swf will not carry you they will try to lure killer to you and bully you solos are real bros in this game if you get good ones

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077
    edited April 2022

I'd disagree. Both are difficult, in different ways. And I say this as a certified killer main.

Post edited by EQWashu on
  • MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    MikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 6,564

What we should expect?

• SpaghettiYOLO
    SpaghettiYOLO Member Posts: 234

All it took was 2 sentences before I was like 'wait... who posted this?'.

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077

Here's the one thing I learned about playing killer.

After a certain point, it's not about the ability to chase. It's about gamesense and decision making. Chasing can be very difficult as killer, but if you plan your approach smartly and are good at anticipating where survivors will be, you can often circumvent them partially - unless you're playing someone like Onryo, Pig, Myers etc. Those killers desperately need help.

• DangerScouse
    DangerScouse Member Posts: 989

Nah. Even solo survivor you have 3 others to do gens, while you loop the killer. And it's not hard to loop most killers while at least 3 gens get done.

Killer has only themselves and can't be in 4 places at once.

• Tiufal
    Tiufal Member Posts: 1,252

Its nothing new that killer players expect this game to be a slasher-simulator. They are entitled to be the winner and nothing else.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

last killer you pointed out are the ones I play tho I have I think 8 or 9 main killers I need to count but yea I know how to play smart end a chase if needed but don't alway help.

• ChiSoxFan11
    ChiSoxFan11 Member Posts: 1,093

Very true.

I'll repeat what I said above -- playing killer is NOT as bad as some people make it out to be, and this comes from someone who plays all the killers, but prefers Pig gameplay above everything else. I'm far more successful than not playing her, even while playing "fair", so I feel that even the "weakest" killers can be viable, even against really good survivors (though I'd obviously be even better if I could master Nurse, for example). It doesn't mean it's a completely balanced, or fun for that matter, experience, though (or survivor, or solo survivor for that matter either) -- and the unbiased people on this forum understand that.

When people on either "side" make outlandish claims -- that playing survivor is impossible, or ridiculously easy -- or they make the same claims about playing killer -- then those takes distract from the real balance discussions that might be had if not for the unnecessary noise. My hope (and what I suspect) is that the devs who read this forum know well enough to ignore that noise from either end when it comes to coming up with solutions for better balancing the game. There are a lot of experienced players on this forum who have good perspectives on how the game works -- and what could be done to make it better -- who are worth listening too. It's too bad they sometimes get drowned out by the "[Insert killer/role/perk/playstyle/etc. here] is too hard for me, please nerf" threads that are all too common.

• Sluzzy

That goes both ways....it would be a breath of fresh air to spawn on a map and not see Entity claws on a gen, or Ruin, or POP. And now Dead Man's Switch.

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

I honestly agree, with the title, at least. I bet people would have a lot more fun against competent survivors if they stopped using a 4k as the golden standard. It has been MONTHS of mmr. If they haven't gotten the picture yet, they never will.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167

Survivor has it easy, the only time that there is a sense of pressure is when the killer devotes 100% attention to one person.

Ps. Tunneling is fair as the devs stated that survivors are treated as a 1v1 for balance purposes.