If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

New players have a horrible time in dbd, BHVR do something about it! Newcomer mode for example

Options
BenZ0
BenZ0 Member Posts: 4,125
edited April 2022 in General Discussions

Newcomer mode is basicly a "smaller" version of the base game where there are only a set of few maps playable (Maybe the 3 main realms Mac Millain, Coldwind and Autoheaven). And only ppl with a certain Level are able to play on it, as soon as you reach a specific account level lets say Devotion 1 then you cannot play it anymore.

A friend of mine bought dbd last week and me and my friends tried to play with him. The problem is since our MMR is pretty high we got insanely sweaty killers. We got Killers that used full anti gen with even iri addons. We also tried to play lets say 1 guy of us alone in a duo with him but we still got sweaty killers. (I refer to sweaty killers in this post to killers that use very strong builds and loadouts, doesnt mean they tryhard to win specificly just use strong ######### in general)

Game 1: Nurse with starstuck and infectious - 2k+ hours

Game 2: Pinhead with iri lament and impaling wire + full anti gen - 500 hours (He was playing REALLY good though, she sniped and hit every single chain hit, he was no 500 hours player for sure)

Game 3: Oni with topnok and lion fang + full anti gen - 3k hours

We just died all on the pinhead game but the other 2 games we all escaped except him... why? He has no Ds or no idea how to properly loop, he doesnt know how tiles or loops look like. Having over 25+ maps is very confusing to him, he keeps saying that he doesnt get where to run cuz we constantly get new maps with completly different looking tiles. Also since he is very new he doesnt even get the chance trying to learn cuz ALL killers we encountered where pretty decent players that obviously knew how to mindgame or cut him off.

He often got tunneled out so the Killers got more pressure for the game, since we are a swf we still beat those Killers and I dont call out those killers for tunneling in the first place, its more about the new player who suffers and just gets frustrated for not beeing able to play the game properly.

We are forced to play ONLY kill your friends with him cuz we will most likely get only Killers who tunnel him out and give him little to now chance to win.

Comments

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    MikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 6,564
    Options

New players should never face with exp players. This is seriously so stupid.

Add different MMR for new survivors and killers. And all people, who under 200 hours should play with each other. After 200 hours, they can play with normal mmr players.

• Xyvielia
    Xyvielia Member Posts: 2,415
    Options

If perfecting MmR is too far-fetched a possibility, then at least give new players a even more in-depth tutorial with multiple skill level bots survivor/killer bots; and the option to choose the killer bot, or sth, so players can get a feel for what they’re up against before entering matches that aren’t always going to be just vs Trapper.

• BenZ0
    Options

Agree, different killer bots and survivors are currently at work which is really nice to hear tbh, no clue though how long it would take, since its BHVR we could expect a year or so.

• SS007
    SS007 Member Posts: 168
    Options

R6 siege has a new player playlist that you can't play anymore past lvl 30 so similar thing might be great for new players measured by hours or similar thing.

• Murgleïs
    Murgleïs Member Posts: 1,046
    edited April 2022
    Options

So you want to face weak killers ? Nope, ain’t going to happen.

The solution is to go in private lobby and explain to him how to loop and where the gens are for each map. As my friends did to me.

• Hex_Ignored
    Hex_Ignored Member Posts: 1,602
    Options

While it is a good idea, I fear that this would attract smurfs.

• BenZ0
    Options

ye thats where I got the idea from in the first place, when I started with R6 it also helped me ALOT having a smaller amount of maps to get comfortable with. Map knowledge are in both games very important therefore the same system would make a lot of sense.

• BenZ0
    Options

there are already smurfs in the game, smurfs are in ANY multiplayer game, its nothing you can do about at any game.

• BenZ0
    Options

Thats precisely what we are doing, however we cannot play with him in a regular game which sucks. He bought the game to play with us, not with randoms.

• Murgleïs
    Murgleïs Member Posts: 1,046
    edited April 2022
    Options

Then what you can do is create another steam account, link the game to it and you will have a new DBD profile with a noob MMR.

But honestly, it won’t help him much because that’s my friend did with me and what happened was that he was looping the killer for 5 gens while I was holding m1 on gens and the 2 others Meg / Claudette were hiding in lockers.

I did not learn much. Training in 1vs1 is the best solution.

• JeanCharpentier
    JeanCharpentier Member Posts: 370
    edited April 2022
    Options

There are no baby killers anymore because they are matched against strong survivors.

I will explain you how MM works. It favors low queue time instead of fairness.

1. High MMR survivors have 0 opponent cause killers get bullied so much, they cannot go up in MMR
    2. MM wants to make their queue time as small as possible, it gives them the first killer available
    3. this killer is a baby one, he gets reckt, after 3 games like this he never plays again
    4. survivors queue times go up

Only camper/tunnelers are still playing (mostly) cause it is the only way to win a trial now, everyone else has left the boat. I have always played fair as a killer and if i win, at the end many survivors thank me for playing fair... they are so used to camper/tunneler.

But fact is that survivors are often super toxic so now idc, i play nurse, proxy camp, tunnel, slug and play as dirty as i can and if survivors have such a terrible time that they want to uninstall, idc.

So new survivors are facing killers like me that are pissed to play fair and have decided to abuse broken things as survivors do. And guess what, when the killer plays fair, he has a terrible dirty experience and is bullied. When the killer camps/tunnel and plays super dirty, survivors have a dirty experience.

But survivors are so dumb that they continue to try to bully the killer 😂

And now you only have killers that try hard and it is well deserved.

Cannot wait to see the playerbase in 2 months 😂

Hope surv mains are enjoying Blight/Blight/Blight/Nurse/Blight/Blight/Nurse/Nurse/Blight 😂

• KateDunson
    KateDunson Member Posts: 714
    Options

Sadly the only way to play together is custom games, Sbmm was supposed to match against opponents of the same level but sadly is not working and won't happen.

Not surprised that the game is losing players nostop, get rid of it bhvr, you are still in time.