The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Who should I play, survivor or killer?

DanielB
DanielB Member Posts: 82

which role is the most fun? i play solo

Comments

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,866

If you’re solo then killer.

• Shaped
    Shaped Member Posts: 5,869

Try both and see how you like it.

• CharlieChatBox
    CharlieChatBox Member Posts: 258

Since you're still new, Killer might be "easier", if you're actually matched with newer players. If not, well, sorry in advance for the toxicity.

• Thusly_Boned
    Thusly_Boned Member Posts: 2,883

I would say both, since your experience with each will inform the other, and will make you better.

But it depends on what you're looking for. Killer is more intense/stressful as you are the 1 in the 4v1, there will essentially be no downtime. And you will be on the receiving end of more BM as killer, so be ready for that.

And as alluded to above, at younger ranks, killer is easier (it's essentially chase/hit/hook at newbie ranks), but quickly becomes less so as you rank up.

Surv will have more downtime and diffused responsibility, but as such so much will depend on your team, and playing solo can be really frustrating, especially at lower ranks where players generally have less (or no) game sense. But despite what some might say, this will get better as you rank up and play (usually) with similarly experienced players.

• Ruma
    Ruma Member Posts: 2,069

Both.

• Ruma
    Ruma Member Posts: 2,069

Solo survivor is underrated.

It can be really frustrating but if you have semi competent mates its the most fun u can have.

• Barbarossa2020
    Barbarossa2020 Member Posts: 1,369
    edited April 2022

Survivor.

Just play solo, don't go for anything risky, do gens, do bones, unhook if its safe then leave.

To many survivors try to be heroes and don't realize not everyone can be saved.

Edit: Killer is very hard to start with, Killers are very perk reliant, and many of the must have perks are locked behind a paywall.

• OpenX
    OpenX Member Posts: 890

Ew. I think I would have more fun smashing my junk with a hammer than playing solo survivor. If you play 5 games of solo, I want to say at LEAST one will have the obligatory DC/suicide on hook. If not more, and that's before the solo Q potato throws.

Getting a good team is an anomaly. If you are experienced at the game and playing solo, killer is 100% the way to go unless you enjoy losing in games that are entirely out of your control, and often.

• YOURFRIEND
    YOURFRIEND Member Posts: 3,389

Just play both based on queue times. I can't understand people that only play one side.

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,693

Both - It's pretty essential in fully understanding the game, imo.

• Barbarossa2020
    Barbarossa2020 Member Posts: 1,369

Im a killer main, so when i play surv and die early etc, it has no consequence.

• Hi_Im_Chucky
    Hi_Im_Chucky Member Posts: 366

Just enjoy your initial phase with DbD and try it as it is, without any guides or strong knowledge of what your doing or what is happening. It’s when the game is the most terrifying and fun. Try survivor first before you decide to try Killer. After that, if you are willing to tackle the grind, stick with Killer till level him up to 50 with a decent build, then keep playing Killer to feed your survivor main to 50 with a decent build.

After that, go back to survivor and really learn how to loop and learn to think about how to best survive. Take that knowledge accumulated and use it against your survivor breatheren as you dive deeper into the Killer side and lay torment to your new prey. After you ascend to top tier game play, welcome yourself to your new personal hell of SWF bully squads and casual constant harassment.

An then, at this point, you can make the final decision.

Fight back against the horde and continue onward down the treacherous and thankless task as Killer, make some friends and embrace the road to verbally controlling the game with a near infinite amount of unearned information (through communication) or lastly, the respectable Solo Survivor. Where one may very well be bullied by either side and farmed for points, but is ironically the one most concerned with keeping everyone else alive.

I wish you well~

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,546

Try out both sides... both sides offer different things (and yes Toxicity is involved)

Killer: If you feel like not giving a (Bad Word)

Survivor: If you feel like learning what Survivors are capable of

• IlliterateGenocide
    IlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 6,016

Solo survivor is hell.

• MrPeanutbutter
    MrPeanutbutter Member Posts: 1,586

I would play both sides. For one, it will give you right to complain that one side or the other sucks to play 😉. There are a lot of people who complain on these forums about one side being terrible to play but they’ve never played the other side. But seriously, playing killer helps you learn how to play survivor better (by watching how good survivors play) and playing survivor helps you learn how good killers play.

• ImHexyAndINoed
    ImHexyAndINoed Member Posts: 504

Do your bestvto play both both sides are fun and you'll be a better player for it!

Side note: play artist she is queen

Signed Hexy DevotedTricksterMainExtraordinare

• Ooga
    Ooga Member Posts: 33

Play both

1) it will make you a much better player

2) you will learn the maps and game faster

3) you will less likely to be an a$$hat to the other side knowing what both sides go through

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,287

If you're a masochist, solo survivor or killer.

If you want to have fun swf.

If you're a lone wolf and like a challenge, Killer.

If you're a lone wolf and want to watch the world burn, play solo survivor and don't do gens, heal behind a rock in the far corners of the map, rescue teammates in front of the killers face without Borrowed Time and hide until hatch is open. Doing totems and opening chests while your teammates are on the hook is also acceptable.

• StibbityStabbity
    StibbityStabbity Member Posts: 1,839

Play Nea, she's both. At the same time. In one. By herself. Together. Other words for duality.

• Lynxx
    Lynxx Member Posts: 510

If you like frustration and pain - play solo survivor.

If you like frustration and pain - play killer.

• KrazyKatFTW
    KrazyKatFTW Member Posts: 203

Both! otherwise you will end being a deranged weirdo moaning and whining about the other side in these forums)

• Hannacia
    Hannacia Member Posts: 1,267

Both.

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,904

Both, playing survivor makes you a better killer and vice versa.

I’d say start with survivor so stuff is scarier. It’s survival horror after all.

• mustdogen
    mustdogen Member Posts: 367

Up to you.

If you like to feeling the pain go through all of your body even the part that you don't even know it can have feeling,play killer.

If you love to feeling the time passing while doing nothing but waiting, play survivors.

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623

Play Survivor if you want to chill.

Play Killer if you want more interaction and less downtime

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

Killer past 8 pm Eastern throughout the night. Survivor during the day.

You want to prioritize them queue times, son.

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,583

You should play both roles if you want to have any chance to improve.

As suggested you can use queue times to decide what to play.

(And yes, survivor is kind of boring as most of the time you play quick-time events while somebody else is having fun with the killer)

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

It really depends. Do you prefer the power role (then survivor) or do you want to play the underdog against all odds (then killer)?