Anyone else want the NOED perk change reversed?

Crazewtboy
Crazewtboy Member Posts: 1,259
edited November 2018 in General Discussions

Came back to this game after taking a break and didn't read the patch notes. Then to my suprise in game, found out all NOED levels one hit down now. This is really annoying as the perk is so easy to get and with the new change it is all im seeing now and I am constantly robbed of what could have been a win by a camping NOED killer. I don't have a problem with it normally, but now it has reached a point where you really can't do anything about it and is just annoying to see all the time. Does anyone else feel this way, or is it just me?

Post edited by Crazewtboy on

Comments

• Crazewtboy

@DarkGGhost said:
    break the totems ?

I try but sometimes it isn't possible when it is between totems and generators

• Crazewtboy

@Dragonredking said:
    Yes we should also make it so selfcare doesn't allow you to heal yourself unless it's level 3
    /s

That is just stupid. Self care would not have a purpose then. NOED still had a purpose before the change. It made you faster and gave you a decreased cooldown speed. It was your choice if you want to run it

• Crazewtboy

@Malakir said:
    So you want to have more grind?
    Then let's reverse even survivors perks that go tweaked so everybody have more grind again alright?

Im good with that. Personally I thought things were balanced before all the perk changes. Now it seems like survivor perks are worse than before (some at least, some are BS for killers I will admit) and the killer perks made you actually work for that extra bous. It made you think about what was more valuable depending on the tier. Now it seems like things are just handed to the killers. Im not saying things should be handed to the survivors. Neither side should be handed a victory.

• Malakir
    Malakir Member Posts: 799

@Malakir said:
    Then let's reverse even survivors perks that go tweaked so everybody have more grind again alright?

Im good with that. Personally I thought things were balanced before all the perk changes. Now it seems like survivor perks are worse than before (some at least, some are BS for killers I will admit) and the killer perks made you actually work for that extra bous. It made you think about what was more valuable depending on the tier. Now it seems like things are just handed to the killers. Im not saying things should be handed to the survivors. Neither side should be handed a victory.

Still wrong. Less grind is always good in either side and now the game is pretty balanced, the only thing that changes is now even newer survivors will learn to cleanse totems

I prefer grind less to have a real perk. Before that noed level 1 and 2 wasn't even a perk, same for others, just a joke unless was level 3. So yeah I'd rather have alert be useful even at level 1 and same for noed instead of grinding tons of bloodwebs for 1 perk
  • Dragonredking
    Dragonredking Member Posts: 874
    edited November 2018

@Crazewtboy said:

@Dragonredking said:
    Yes we should also make it so selfcare doesn't allow you to heal yourself unless it's level 3
    /s

That is just stupid. Self care would not have a purpose then. NOED still had a purpose before the change. It made you faster and gave you a decreased cooldown speed. It was your choice if you want to run it

Yes it is well know that NOED is used for it's negligible speed boost and attack cooldown buff.
    Let me rephrase that.
    Let make selfcare not allow you to heal you whenever you want until level 3 BUT at level 1 and 2 it augment the speed at wich you heal yourself with a medkit.
    After all why should a perk that isn't level 3 be actually usefull or game changing
    AM I RIGHT?

• DarkGGhost
    DarkGGhost Member Posts: 1,072
    @Crazewtboy ok then come back when all the gens are done and see if have noed or you want to no deal with this at all because then you are bad player. 
  • Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893

@Dragonredking said:
    /s

Not really that would match up. You have better medkit efficiency until tier three when you get the ability to heal without a medkit.

That's how noed used to work and let's be honest nobody used noed for the speed and cooldown boost the same way nobody uses self care for the medkit efficiency boost
  • kaister901
    kaister901 Member Posts: 64

@Crazewtboy said:

@Malakir said:

The reason all levels have a one shot...is because it's a hex perk...and with how ######### hex totem spawns are....the free hit given is justified. Also it forces survivors not to drag the game. You open the gate, you get out.

In so many games I see survivors hogging at the gate waiting for me to drop by for them to teabag. I go roam around and literally...they can sit there for 10, 15 minutes refusing to leave until I go there. Often I just record the game and report it.

That move is no different from killers blocking basement and holding the game hostage.

If you see the exposed status effect, you jollywell get out and not demand that you be able to troll around the map.

If you get screwed over in the process of trying to get out. Well sucks to be you. Same way a DS saved up till gates open screws over the killer.

I main killer and I don't run NOED personally. It's a wasted perk slot.

Assuming I do what you say and down one person and camp him. The others can easily run over and cleanse the hex and I have no more NOED and I am screwed still.

So it's dumb to ask NOED to be back to how it was. If it should then it should not be a hex perk. Then it's fair to have only level 3 with an instant down but if you think about it...no one ever runs NOED tier 1 and 2 before it was a hex and NOED was super OP back then compared to now.

I could camp the unlucky guy and down the entire team if they wanted to be stubborn. I can't really do that with a hex NOED.

• kaister901
    kaister901 Member Posts: 64

@EnviouSLAY said:
    I agree with this; why not have NOED 1 be you can only down 2 survivors, NOED 2 =3, NOED 3 is all. That would have been a better start then just letting every limp dick loser who can't play easily get a free win. Or limit NOED to killer's that don't already have an instadown ability. #Tea

Because it's a hex perk and if the guy is camping one guy as bait. You can easily cleanse the hex away...

You couldn't do that with the original version of NOED and you had to ditch the guy getting camped or you are guaranteed dead.

Surprising you said every limp dick loser who can't play easily....then what is DS? Loop the killer to hell and then free escape? Sounds like limp dick losers too....

Most killers cannot counter looping. Even with mind games if a good survivor vs a good killer. That's a free escape after a long loop. Sounds more bullshit than getting a free one shot ability at the end of the game when the gates are open.

• Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911
    edited November 2018
    Tell you what I'm perfectly happy trading noed for ds. Both are crutch perks that have no business being in dbd. Dont get me wrong both perks do make for some insane play making potential but the power they give is just too much. Changing its tier isnt going to fix the problem both perks have to be reworked and changed. 
  • Wolf74
    Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959

Yes, I want the old Noed back.
    Because tier 1 and 2 got buffed, but tier 3 got nerfed.
    And since I already have tier 3, I don't care about reversing it.
    :P

• Wolf74

@Zarathos said:
    Tell you what I'm perfectly happy trading noed for ds. Both are crutch perks that have no business being in dbd.

Stop comparing those 2 perks.
    They are not even similar.
    Where is the mechanic that I can avoid DS from working?

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@Crazewtboy said:

@DarkGGhost said:
    break the totems ?

🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Then if you get downed by NOED you've got no one but yourself to blame since it's faster to cleanse the totems than to run around when it's active looking for it.

• Zarathos

@Wolf74 said:

@Zarathos said:
    Tell you what I'm perfectly happy trading noed for ds. Both are crutch perks that have no business being in dbd.

Dribbling aside from that enduring (its not enough by itself) + drop down i.e. basements stairs or ledge. Then theirs the classic strat which is to slug the ds user. Most of these solutions aren't optimum and sometimes it wont work but cleansing 5 totems isn't convenient either. Seeking out a totem in the end game is not great either as while most maps have crap totem spots maps like the game and yamoka's estate can be really hard to find. Also cleansing dull totems don't count towards lightbringer.

• Zarathos

@powerbats said:

@Crazewtboy said:

@DarkGGhost said:
    break the totems ?

🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Then if you get downed by NOED you've got no one but yourself to blame since it's faster to cleanse the totems than to run around when it's active looking for it.

Its a risk do you make noed easier to find by leaving all totems up and potetially have killer in a position where he can protect it minus active hex totems (devour for example) or expend valuable time hunting all 5 totems?

• DarkGGhost

@Zarathos said:

@Wolf74 said:

@Zarathos said:

Dribbling aside from that enduring (its not enough by itself) + drop down i.e. basements stairs or ledge. Then theirs the classic strat which is to slug the ds user. Most of these solutions aren't optimum and sometimes it wont work but cleansing 5 totems isn't convenient either. Seeking out a totem in the end game is not great either as while most maps have crap totem spots maps like the game and yamoka's estate can be really hard to find. Also cleansing dull totems don't count towards lightbringer.

ok where is the counder so you can't use it at all. Almost all the good perk for the killers have this or you can play around them but DS is uncounderbol

• powerbats

@DarkGGhost said:

@Zarathos said:

@Wolf74 said:

@Zarathos said:

ok where is the counder so you can't use it at all. Almost all the good perk for the killers have this or you can play around them but DS is uncounderbol

I never used Ruin and NOED only from 12-1 and most of the time it was cleansed as soon as it activated and quite often it never got used.

• DarkGGhost

@powerbats said:

@DarkGGhost said:

@Zarathos said:

@Wolf74 said:

@Zarathos said:

I never used Ruin and NOED only from 12-1 and most of the time it was cleansed as soon as it activated and quite often it never got used.

ok

• Zarathos
    powerbats said:

@DarkGGhost said:

@Zarathos said:

@Wolf74 said:

@Zarathos said:

Same idea with devour hope you take a huge risk running both ruin and dh or noed as survivours will be more inclined to do totems. 
  • Zarathos

@Zarathos said:

@Wolf74 said:

@Zarathos said:

Read the post properly. I just said enduring and forcing the survivour to drop off a ledge or stairs as they will be stuned for a second. Now this trick dosent work on balanced landing survivours so watch out for that.
    Then as people have said earlier dribbling a survivor to a hook. If their close enough.
  • EnviouSLAY
    EnviouSLAY Member Posts: 300

@kaister901 said:

@EnviouSLAY said:
    I agree with this; why not have NOED 1 be you can only down 2 survivors, NOED 2 =3, NOED 3 is all. That would have been a better start then just letting every limp dick loser who can't play easily get a free win. Or limit NOED to killer's that don't already have an instadown ability. #Tea

Because it's a hex perk and if the guy is camping one guy as bait. You can easily cleanse the hex away...

You couldn't do that with the original version of NOED and you had to ditch the guy getting camped or you are guaranteed dead.

Surprising you said every limp dick loser who can't play easily....then what is DS? Loop the killer to hell and then free escape? Sounds like limp dick losers too....

Most killers cannot counter looping. Even with mind games if a good survivor vs a good killer. That's a free escape after a long loop. Sounds more bullshit than getting a free one shot ability at the end of the game when the gates are open.

I didn't say anything about DS; and my point was that NOED shouldnt be able to down every survivor at rank 1, it should be exposed on two random survivors and work its way up to 4 with rank 3.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    Survivors can't blame noed, its up to you whether a killer can use it or not. If gens and totems are to much then maybe go back a few ranks and get a better grip on game flow. Its not a crutch but a strategy. One that requires a survivor to be gen greedy and dismissive of totems.
  • Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383
    Use Small Game then
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Crazewtboy said:
    Came back to this game after taking a break and didn't read the patch notes. Then to my suprise in game, found out all NOED levels one hit down now. This is really annoying as the perk is so easy to get and with the new change it is all im seeing now and I am constantly robbed of what could have been a win by a camping NOED killer. I don't have a problem with it normally, but now it has reached a point where you really can't do anything about it and is just annoying to see all the time. Does anyone else feel this way, or is it just me?

Because you cant bully beginner killers anymore? What a shame

• CronaWins
    CronaWins Member Posts: 650

NOED is a clutch perk given to inexperienced/bad killers for free kills when they got outplayed.

I would rather give a killer DC bloodpoints then free kills.

• KiraElijah
    KiraElijah Member Posts: 1,187
    I would love the change from a perk to hex to be reverted
  • KiraElijah
    Zarathos said:

@Zarathos said:

@Wolf74 said:

@Zarathos said:

Read the post properly. I just said enduring and forcing the survivour to drop off a ledge or stairs as they will be stuned for a second. Now this trick dosent work on balanced landing survivours so watch out for that.
    Then as people have said earlier dribbling a survivor to a hook. If their close enough.
    I was just going to creep around on this post, but. 
    *stunned, doesn’t, they’re
  • KiraElijah
    CronaWins said:

NOED is a clutch perk given to inexperienced/bad killers for free kills when they got outplayed.

I take back just creeping around. DON’T DISRESPECT ENDGAME WRAITH
  • powerbats
    1. All perks are technically crutch perks.
    2. NOED and DS are both considered true crutch perks when they're activated.
    3. The former can be cleansed unless the killer is running TOTH and guards them well. The latter can be dealt with to an extent by dribbling, running enduring, Iron Grasp or Moring them.
    4. The change to all ranks is fine and people just need to adapt and CLEANSE THE TOTEMS thus removing said NOED and giving yourself 600 objective points for free.

I mean you don't ignore Devour Hope when it's up at any rank just because it's rank I or II do you?

• DemonDaddy
    I don't understand why survivors bad mouth a perk they can completely neutralize before it even kicks in. It literally only takes effect during the last moments of the game. As survivors we have more control over match length than killer, allowing any time needed to hunt the totems. Pop 4 gens and take a moment so you don't screw yourself. Not the killer's or perks fault you can't spare a few seconds to ensure victory. If you want to refer to noob playstyles, the guy rushing it is far worse than the one using a perk that may not even come into effect. Its not about whether the killer has it, but did you take the time to prevent it.
  • TheLegendDyl4n1
    TheLegendDyl4n1 Member Posts: 1,493

@Crazewtboy said:

dude this change was needed to be honest and many others will come that we dont like but it makes sinse

• Wolf74

Don't forget that the tier 3 version -which actually is the most important- got nerfed.

• Malakir
    As said they just cut the grinding. It's a good thing even if the op would say otherwise

It's just like having a self care useless until level 3 just giving the extra speed with med kits. Kinda silly, plus as said they nerfed the level 3
  • CronaWins

@Wolf74 said:

@CronaWins said:

How is it a "free kill2 with Noed?
    The killer prepared for the endgame by picking a perk.
    Running most of the game with a useless perkslot.
    The survivor did not cleanse totem and failed to prepare for that endgame.
    The killer still had to find, chase and hit the targets.
    And still you come here and call it "free kill"?
    The game ends if the survivor escape, not when they done the gens.
    They "outplay" the killer when they escaped.
    If someone gets tombstoned by a Myers in front of the open gates, he has not "outplayed" him.

If i run a killer for 5 gens because they are too incompetent to play the game, they don't deserve a free kill. I'm not going allow a killer to hook me and camp my face.

I will forgive killers like Trapper for running it because they don't have the early game.

But if your whole game relies on that one perk for you to win or get your first hook, then you deserve me to DC in your face.

• DemonDaddy
    @CronaWins
    So your saying a dc is deserved because; you and the team were overconfident with a bad chaser, to focused on gens to break totems, didn't leave immediately when possible, or just rage when you lose. Yeah, totally sounds like the killer's fault a HEX actually came into effect after (however long the match was).Take accountability for a survivor failure, it only activates due to negligence. 
  • CronaWins

@DemonDaddy said:
    @CronaWins
    So your saying a dc is deserved because; you and the team were overconfident with a bad chaser, to focused on gens to break totems, didn't leave immediately when possible, or just rage when you lose. Yeah, totally sounds like the killer's fault a HEX actually came into effect after (however long the match was).Take accountability for a survivor failure, it only activates due to negligence. 

Let me put it this way. If i have to run the entire match (i can't do gens or totems if i'm being chased) because of a bad killer who doesn't know when they should leave a chase, and the only way he can catch me is to use NOED, giving him speed, reduced cooldowns and a insta down, why should i be punished for his bad plays and why should i allow him to kill me when he relied on a single perk? Why should i be punished if my team that i cannot talk to did not break any totems?

The ONLY reason people run NOED is because they are bad. Same goes with survivors that have to run DS to survive.

• DemonDaddy
    I would say good sportsmanship, but apparently that died back when I was in school. So a player with weaker skill than you has trouble all match means even when he does land a hit, its not deserved. I get that the perk provided the boost, but all perks do that in some way. While the effects are strong, they took a gamble that it would even pay off. But why dc anyway, if you played the whole match your probably gonna pip even in death.
  • Malakir
    CronaWins said:

@DemonDaddy said:
    @CronaWins

Let me put it this way. If i have to run the entire match (i can't do gens or totems if i'm being chased) because of a bad killer who doesn't know when they should leave a chase, and the only way he can catch me is to use NOED, giving him speed, reduced cooldowns and a insta down, why should i be punished for his bad plays and why should i allow him to kill me when he relied on a single perk? Why should i be punished if my team that i cannot talk to did not break any totems?

The ONLY reason people run NOED is because they are bad. Same goes with survivors that have to run DS to survive.

Dude, cleanse the totems
    You will actually make the killer run 3 perks the whole game and guess what, noed is the counter of adrenaline.

Noed gives a +1 dmg to hits and can be cleansed and nulllified adrenaline gives +1 health state and cannot be nullified before or after it activate

I seriously don't see why people cry about it. I stopped using that ages ago cuz people learnt to cleanse totems before end game or it lasted for 30s upon activation so.. yeah, it's totally different of a DS which is a free pass that can't be countered tbh
  • Onionthing
    Onionthing Member Posts: 469
    edited December 2018

I don't run NOED but I run Devour Hope wich is also a totem perk and I have been called trash for using it. Its not my fault people ignore totems. HONESTLY this shouldn't be a issue, Hexes are TEMPORARY perks, HOW temporary is up to the survivors. Once it is gone the killer CAN NOT get it back! Every Hex perk on a killer is a potentially wasted slot! Why is this such a issue?!? Hexes SUCK and a hex that LITERALLY GOES OF ENDGAME should be the EASIEST to cleanse (I'm talking NOED, not Devour Hope). YOU HAVE ALL GAME to get rid of it. Its comments like the ones in this threat that lead me to believe that some people just want to push a button to win and have done with. Maybe the game will go mobile one day and you can have fun on your phones, you guys have phones right?

• bendermac
    bendermac Member Posts: 772

NOED was a perk and not a HEX?

• Wolf74

@bendermac said:
    NOED was a perk and not a HEX?

Of course, when Noed came out, there had been no Hex perks.
    Original Noed was a perk without a timelimit.
    Than it got a 2 min timelimit and no one used it anymore.
    Than it became a Hex and it works until destroyed (IF it ever triggers).