Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

What’s your main killer build?

SpEz
SpEz Member Posts: 73

Just curious to see everyone’s main killer build for most/every killer. I personally run Corrupt, Deadlock , Blood Warden and No Way Out, my go to build for a high MMR on every killer.

Comments

• Yippiekiyah
    Yippiekiyah Member Posts: 479

Stacking the best slowdowns corrupt, brine, pop, pain resonance.

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,735

Shadowborn, Lightborn + usualy BBQ / Enduring / Bamboozle (depending on my mood / need or the killer I play).

• TinoTheThortino
    TinoTheThortino Member Posts: 35

Pain Resonance, No Way Out, Dead Man's Switch and Lethal Pursuer for Legion Build.

A good pressure early game and can save a bad match in late game.

Sometimes I go for Coulrophobia, Distressing, Sloppy Butcher, Jolt but with the nerf to the Iridiscent button, the new self-mend feature on the new add-on that applies "Broken" and the new Hemorrage, I think I'll go only for the first one.

• Notionless
    Notionless Member Posts: 243

I play flickbilly with lethal/shadowborn/nwo/bbq, but whenever i play other killers i go for corrupt/bbq, on some killers endfury and on others pop eruption, pop call of brine, or ruin undying.

• HauntedKnight
    HauntedKnight Member Posts: 388

I’m definitely not high MMR but I realised recently that worrying about gens stresses me out and tanks my enjoyment of the game. So I currently run an all hex build on Myers. Ruin, Undying, Devour Hope and Haunted Ground. Occasionally I’ll swap out this build for for something like Corrupt, STBFL, Jolt and then something like Infectious Fright, Bamboozle or what I think is an underrated perk on him Fire Up.

Some games I do get stomped, but generally these builds gets me at minimum 2k, simply because it buys me enough time to commit to chases.

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090

BBQ, POP, Bamboozle and Lethal Pursuer

• Thusly_Boned
    Thusly_Boned Member Posts: 2,886

It really depends heavily on the killer, whatever complements them the best I will usually run. The only thing approaching a theme is heavy gen slowdown (corrupt, ruin, etc.) on the low mobility killers. I like the PR + DMS and Pop + CoB combos, but I wouldn't say I run those enough to call them a "main" build.

I use BBQ most of the time, but honestly almost exclusively for the BP, like WGLF on the surv side.

I just don't feel like there are any killer perks that are so strong I have a hard time not running them; I am constantly mixing it up.

• Hi_Im_Chucky
    Hi_Im_Chucky Member Posts: 366

Currently? BBQ, Pain Resonance, No Way Out, NOED

Stacks, some gen defence, late game help if I suffer. Good for a minimum of 4 stacks and a 2k, if not better.

• DangerScouse
    DangerScouse Member Posts: 989

How do you find it having no "chase" perks? The slowdown won't help if you can regularly hook survivors.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,967

When I actually play to win this is what I use

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077

It depends who I'm playing.

I generally don't like blocker perks as they tend to backfire later on, but I'll run CI on Hag and Trapper to give them time to set up.

On killers with good sustained mobility (Wraith, Spirit, Demogorgon etc.), I run CoB+Pop+BBQ+Discordance or CoB+Plaything+Pentimento+BBQ/Discordance. I also like the latter on Plague and Cenobite.

On killers with setup, I run CI+PR+Agi+BBQ/STBFL.

On killers with secondary objectives, I like PR+Plaything+Pentimento+Discordance/BBQ.

On Nemesis I like CoB+Pop+BBQ+Discordance (the CoB noise attracts zombies).

On Myers and Ghostface I like CI+Surge+Discordance+BBQ/Devour.

On most others I go PR+Agi+Starstruck+FoR/BBQ

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,302

Oni -

Tinkerer: for suprise demon strikes/gen defence

Infectious: for snowball potential

Deadlock: for slow down

Pop: Well, pop

• tenoresax
    tenoresax Member Posts: 796

Blight: Shadowborn, BBQ, Agitation and Pain Resonance

Nurse: Shadowborn, Agitation, Starstuck, BBQ/Infectious

Pyramid Head: Corrupt, Deadlock, Enduring, Nemesis

Twins: Ruin, Thrill, Devour Hope, Pentimento

Spirit: Corrupt, No Way Out, Shadowborn, Devour Hope

Oni: Shadowborn, Corrupt, No Way Out, Infectious

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,758

Notice a pattern, you'll never guess it

• Carrow
    Carrow Member Posts: 500

Corrupt Intervention - Pretty much required at high MMR unless you are playing one of the top killers and can down survivors every 10-20 seconds.

BBQ - Both for bloodpoints and information.

And then one of these combos depending on the mobility of my killer

Tinkerer&Pop (Good on Blight, Billy, Demo, Freddy etc)

Pain Resonance&DMS (For the rest)

• Sepex
    Sepex Member Posts: 1,451

Right now Pentimento+Plaything Pyramid Head along with Floods of Rage and I'm All Ears.

• Tr1nity
    Tr1nity Member Posts: 5,047

Mark of Pride

Quick Slash

Unbreakable Strength

Steady Body

Nailmaster's Glory

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

I don’t have a main, I play the killer I have a mission for that day. I also prestige when I hit 50 so I don’t stick with a single build all the time, I make loadouts out of what I get.

But some of my favorite builds are

• Doctor with Distressing, Unnerving Presence, and two other Terror Radius related perks. I love that this is the killer that actively wants the survivors to hear him coming. 😄
    • All Hex builds. My Hag often uses these since she has Hexes as starting perks.
    • The all Obsession build - Dying Light, Save the Best for Last, Dark Devotion and Play with your Food. If I chase the Obsession, I injure them and give them my terror radius so I can ambush someone else using Undetectability plus a token of PWYF. If I chase a non obsession I can down them quickly using Save the Best for Last and gain a token of Dying Light. Optionally I might sub out Play with your Food for Rancor as well, no speed boost but it fits the theme of literally saving the obsession for the end.
    • Bloodhound, Save the Best for Last, Thanatophobia, and possibly Deerstalker or Infectious Fright. Basically it’s a build for hitting and downing individual survivors and slugging them to keep up pressure on the others. Bloodhound makes it extremely difficult to evade being rechased while injured, Save the Best for Last gives someone you hit much less distance on a possible follow-up, Thanatophobia slows the game down when you have one or two dying survivors and Deerstalker or Infectious Fright helps easily keep track of the slugs and who is coming to rescue them. It doesn’t have a ton of gen slow down so relies more on pressure from chasing constantly to allow you time to whittle away pallets and hook one of the survivors three time to get them out of the match.
  • Unknown2765
    Unknown2765 Member Posts: 2,270

This for now

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077

It's a fun build, but I find IAE to be a bit of a wasted slot. I'd rather throw Retribution into the mix (the aura reading on this one is bonkers strong and it pairs nicely with Penti) or ye olde Discordance (imho the best information perk in the game).

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,895

On Mikey I run corrupt for that early game necessity. Pop and Scourge hook pain resonance because at high MMR they're pumping the gens. Bamboozle because its so good on Mikey, especially when he's in tier 3.

• lauraa
    lauraa Member Posts: 3,195

my main 2 builds are:

BBQ, Agitation, Starstruck, Pain Rez

Lethal, BBQ, Noed, No Way Out

• Murgleïs
    Murgleïs Member Posts: 1,067

Nurse : BBQ, PR, DMS, Agitation or Noed

Blight : BBQ, PR, DMS, Agitation or Plaything if I want to have fun

Any other killer : BBQ, Corrupt, NWO, Noed

• Bwsted
    Bwsted Member Posts: 3,452

Bbq, corrupt, pain resonance, the last one is usually a wild card.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,222

Corrupt/PGTW/BBQ/No Way Out.

Swap BBQ for Bamboozle on M1 killers

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623
    edited April 2022

Demogorgon

• Corrupt Intervention
    • Call Of Brine
    • Barbecue And Chili
    • Pop Goes The Weasel

I swap BBQ for Enduring if I don't need BP.

Artist

• Hex: Thrill Of The Hunt
    • Hex: Ruin
    • Hex: Undying
    • Hex: Pentimento

You could swap TOTH for Hex: Plaything if you want more Pentimento stacks instead of Boon slowdown.

EDIT: A more consistent build would probably be:

• Hex: Ruin
    • Corrupt Intervention
    • Hex: Plaything
    • Hex: Pentimento
    Post edited by ThatOneDemoPlayer on
  • danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,096

Corrupt/Deadlock/No Way Out/NOED.

• egg_
    egg_ Member Posts: 1,933

Perks in alphabetical order kek i used to do the same

• Juicyman
    Juicyman Member Posts: 135

Call of Brine - So there's a reason to kick gens

Corrupted Intervention - So there's an early game mechanic

NOED - So Totems have an actual purpose

Shadowborn - To have an acceptable FOV

Pretty much as ways to fill the holes in design spaces, much like Borrowed Time.

• LunarWendigo
    LunarWendigo Member Posts: 77

Lately I've been loving: corrupt, pain res, BBQ(for BP) and then depending on the lobby I'll put either no way out or thanataphobia.

But I leave the last slot to how the lobby looks, 2 flashlights I'll put lightborn, all items I'll put Franklin's lol. Been working for me so far. Although pain res rng sometimes bites me in the ass -_- but whatever lol

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,546

Pig (cause most of the time I'm playing her... and have all perks unlocked on)

Call Of Brine- 200% regression... sign me up

Eruption- 6% Regression for downing... ok

Corrupt- For early game stall

Whispers- To find out where Survivors are (bonus if they are trying to hide)

• TatsuiChiyo
    TatsuiChiyo Member Posts: 700

I tey to have builds that play to a Killers strength, but I will say if I have a generic build its generally Thanatophobia/Devour Hope/I'm All Ears/Nurses Calling

• AnneBonny
    AnneBonny Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 2,252

i usually try to keep builds varied but shadowborn, rancor and enduring are pretty common perks for all of them.

still waiting on that fov slider bhvr

• KFChris18
    KFChris18 Member Posts: 112

Blight: My favorite boi with green speed

Call of Brine: Portable ruin that can be applied to multiple generators at once

Corrupt Intervention: Early game slowdown

No Way Out: End game back-up

Thanatophobia: Surprisingly viable and can mean the difference between gen pops

I tend to play a hit and run blight and while boons do hurt big time, thanatophobia makes them heal after every chase or take the slowdown. I've won games thanks to its slowdown.

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,494

ONI:

Hex ruin, BBQ, nurse calling usually always and currently I use merciless strom as 4th perk but I tend to try other ones like noed or tinkerer sometimes.

WRAITH:

Noed, BBQ, hex ruin and as 4th perk bloodhound/deerstalker/nurse calling

BASEMENT BUBBA

Agitation, iron grasp, insidios and monsterous shrine or lightborn

Normal BUBBA:

Agitation, BBQ, hex ruin and tinkerer/nurse calling

NURSE:

Noed, hex ruin, nurse calling and BBQ/tinkerer

• Kurri
    Kurri Member Posts: 1,599

I have a very hard time answering this question, because I barely see any similarity between any of the perks I run on each different Killer.

It think at most 4 killers each run BBQ?

Do players seriously use the same build for every Killer?

• Unknown2765
    Unknown2765 Member Posts: 2,270

It works well with Monitor and abuse, and it really messes with survivors with that smaller terror radius

• lauraa
    lauraa Member Posts: 3,195

i typically struggle to roll for bbq, but for some reason I roll just the yellow Rancor fairly frequently for new killers. Ive come to appreciate the tracking that it provides. i had yellow rancor and green fearmonger on blight for the longest time