Where's the exclusive skin for buying a DLC?

Options
DocOctober
DocOctober Member Posts: 2,230

See title. The devs have promised that people who still buy the Characters would receive a unique cosmetic with it.

Comments

• lopezradio
    lopezradio Member Posts: 9
    Options

I think it's a Kate shirt for this one. They also added a Dwight head for those that have the Leatherface DLC @DocOctober

• Rauber
    Rauber Member Posts: 6
    Options

It looks like we've got bamboozled D:
    Perhaps in the future?..

• Shadoureon
    Shadoureon Member Posts: 493
    Options

This DLC only released a survivor with 1 clothing set... The white shirt is free. They dont want to create to much free clothing now that they made the cashgrabstore.

• RSB
    RSB Member Posts: 2,258
    Options

@Shadoureon said:
    This DLC only released a survivor with 1 clothing set... The white shirt is free. They dont want to create to much free clothing now that they made the cashgrabstore.

But they promised to do so.

• MojoTheFabulous
    MojoTheFabulous Member Posts: 2,015
    Options

They don't exist yet. Aside from the exclusives from Leatherface and Curtain Call.

• ZappyBoi
    ZappyBoi Member Posts: 29
    Options

bE does not care about you. They only made this game for a profit, their decisions are driven by what can make them money. Do not moan about what you chose not to purchase, bE does not care.

• ZappyBoi
    ZappyBoi Member Posts: 29
    Options

@lasombra1979 said:

@ZappyBoi said:
    bE does not care about you. They only made this game for a profit, their decisions are driven by what can make them money. Do not moan about what you chose not to purchase, bE does not care.

Wait, you mean to say that a company created a product to make a profit? Then they make their decisions to ensure they make more money? How shocking.

They are a business, of course they are trying to turn a profit, they would be stupid not to. They are going to do whatever they can to maximize their profits and please the bulk of their customer base. Lets be honest with ourselves, those of us who post on steam, reddit and the forums are far from the bulk of the user base. We just happen to be the most vocal, just not the majority.

DBD could not release an update for another full calendar year, their game is still projected to rake in several million dollars (even if they cut all support and development staff). Take time and look at the reports sent to investors.

• lasombra1979
    lasombra1979 Member Posts: 1,142
    Options

@ZappyBoi said:

@lasombra1979 said:

@ZappyBoi said:

Wait, you mean to say that a company created a product to make a profit? Then they make their decisions to ensure they make more money? How shocking.

They are a business, of course they are trying to turn a profit, they would be stupid not to. They are going to do whatever they can to maximize their profits and please the bulk of their customer base. Lets be honest with ourselves, those of us who post on steam, reddit and the forums are far from the bulk of the user base. We just happen to be the most vocal, just not the majority.

DBD could not release an update for another full calendar year, their game is still projected to rake in several million dollars (even if they cut all support and development staff). Take time and look at the reports sent to investors.

Your point? They are still a business. Why on earth would they not do every thing in their power to make as much money as possible? I do not fault them or any company who maximizes their profit line. That is what they are supposed to do.

• Superpablog
    Superpablog Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 66
    Options

I'm searching my exclusive skin too.
    I feel cheated :(

• BarpleBapkins
    BarpleBapkins Member Posts: 36
    Options

I think the "exclusive skins" are the extra set of clothes that come with the survivors.

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930
    Options

All paid dlc will get a unique cosmetic only available through the complete chapter purchase. Currentally only basement face and circus have the unique. For the leatherface chapter, it’s Dwight’s face beat up, for circus is a crappy white shirt for Kate.

• swenpai
    swenpai Member Posts: 259
    Options

@ZappyBoi said:

They do.
    They do weekly streams where they read player's opinions and feedback's and they listen to alot of it.
    Of course they also made the game for money, why would they Sherlock.
    But bE are one of the most listening to players company ever, so please grab your stuff and go away.

• Science_Guy
    Science_Guy Member Posts: 1,956
    Options

As far as I can tell, yeah we already have all the 'exclusive' skins. A least when you unlocked characters on the PTB, the survivors only came with their default outfit. When I unlocked Tapp with Auric cells, he only had his base outfit and not the sweater. I would guess that that's the exclusive for purchasing for the Saw DLC, Ace's tuxedo is for Flesh and Mud, Kate's white shirt for Curtain Call, etc. That would also explain why the only new addition mention in the patch notes was the Dwight cosmetic for the Leatherface DLC.

• DocOctober
    Options

As far as I can tell, yeah we already have all the 'exclusive' skins. A least when you unlocked characters on the PTB, the survivors only came with their default outfit. When I unlocked Tapp with Auric cells, he only had his base outfit and not the sweater. I would guess that that's the exclusive for purchasing for the Saw DLC, Ace's tuxedo is for Flesh and Mud, Kate's white shirt for Curtain Call, etc. That would also explain why the only new addition mention in the patch notes was the Dwight cosmetic for the Leatherface DLC.

That's rather disappointing and a bit of a dick move from the devs of not clarifying that.
  • Fluffy
    Fluffy Member Posts: 48
    Options

The white shirt is the exclusive? ROFL

• CurseYou
    CurseYou Member Posts: 7
    Options

I feel this needs clarification from the Devs / Support, I think the white shirt may be the exclusive but I was expecting something slightly different or at least of a different rarity to give it a distinction from the core set.

• TheNormalizer
    TheNormalizer Member Posts: 113
    Options

@DocOctober said:
    See title. The devs have promised that people who still buy the Characters would receive a unique cosmetic with it.

DOC IT'S YOU?

• DocOctober
    Options

@TheNormalizer said:

@DocOctober said:

DOC IT'S YOU?

Sure thing.

• TheNormalizer
    TheNormalizer Member Posts: 113
    Options

@TheNormalizer said:

@DocOctober said:

DOC IT'S YOU?

Sure thing.

YEEEET