DBD community almost as toxic as dota community

semm88
semm88 Member Posts: 27

I never thought I was gonna find as toxic community as it was in dota, but after playing dbd for a few months, I must say, people playing it, especially survivors are so toxic and childish that makes every 2nd game pathetic no matter the outcome. Like I am playing the killer in the nicest way possible, not camping, tunneling, letting them unhook etc and what I get in return are tea bags, flash clicking and trash talk in chat after game. How miserable your life must be that you find pleasure in pissing someone off and acting like an idiot. I am not sure what the majority of DBD community thinks and how you guys feel but I am rly not enjoying the game.

Comments

• Sludge
    Sludge Member Posts: 768

Stop going out of your way to play by made up rules for people who show zero empathy in return

• Yatol
    Yatol Member Posts: 1,959

I haven't played Dota much so i can't disagree with this state but DBD is the most toxic community i know.

• Stroggz
    Stroggz Member Posts: 498

As it should be in a PvP videogame!

• Shaped
    Shaped Member Posts: 5,869

It is pretty bad yeah. Guess people can't treat others with respect without getting impulsive and nasty.

Also some streamers are really bad influence but it is on people for not thinking for themselves.

• YOURFRIEND
    YOURFRIEND Member Posts: 3,389

Yeah the folks in this game are a whole other level of awful. I played dota for years and the number of times I got told to harm myself was less than in like six months in this game.

Still a lot though.

• Tricksters_Wife
    Tricksters_Wife Member Posts: 545
    edited April 2022

I agree it's pretty bad but in a different way than most games. I don't get toxicity often, but when I do it's pretty nasty homophobia, sexism, and degrading language. Sometimes it's so ridiculous that it becomes a lot easier to troll them and get a laugh out of it.

DBD people are a lot less likely to get under my skin for real versus other games like LoL or Overwatch. But still bad nonetheless. I would def suggest trolling any toxicity that comes your way to lighten the situation for yourself.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,971

Nah rainbow six siege is worse

• Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,033

Looks like DBD community needs to step it up, huh?

I grew up with these kinds of insults. The way forward is strengthening yourself. “Don’t make the world with all it’s horrors smaller, make the individual bigger.”

Happy hunting.

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

The Overwatch one bothers me so much because we are teammates and you supposedly want to win... So why are you trying to trigger your own carry? It is so utterly nonsensical.

Maybe I will try your degrade kink suggestion to see if they bite. Rawr.

• Stroggz
    Stroggz Member Posts: 498

Ah, Overwatch... the only game that really make me mad. ^^

• DBD_Pinhead
    DBD_Pinhead Member Posts: 763
    edited April 2022

Change your setting to friends only on messages when playing this game. People will literally cry about your existence on the map.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,112

No, this game's community is the most toxic ever.

• ClarityOfWill
    ClarityOfWill Member Posts: 205

Honestly, this games community has got nothing on the Heroes of Newerth player base. It's elitism on turbo steroids with an equally toxic approach to anyone not considered godlike at MOBA's.

• DrDeepwound
    DrDeepwound Member Posts: 2,557

have been playing for years.

turned off chat both sides long ago, I don't even drop a GG I just look at m,y score and pips and on to next match, not even sure how you encounter "toxicity" it's just a game and after the match I never even see the same names that I can remember anyway.

forums? yeah but all forums are full of trolls, gamer forums especially.

• I_am_Negan
    I_am_Negan Member Posts: 3,756

This is what happens when you push everyone into this competitiveness thinking people become ######### with big egos.

DBD is not a game to have fun it's a job that you take very seriously. How much ######### can you take and keep playing.

You'll rarely get a nice clam message from someone it's mostly trash talk if you get a message at all.

And it's all about pissing off every opponent that you come across.

• malloymk
    malloymk Member Posts: 1,553

Yesterday, almost every game I played as survivor had a killer that was straight up camping and tunneling. Some slashed me on the hook, which I actually find amusing, but is definitely the equivalent of teabagging.

I have come across many toxic players on both sides. It's just gaming in general. People are competitive and can be sore winners and losers. That's just the way it is.

• Valik
    Valik Member Posts: 1,274
    edited April 2022

How dare you say that!

We're TWICE as toxi-

I mean... uhh... hi, we love you <3

• semm88
    semm88 Member Posts: 27

I don't know if this applies for all of u, but ever since the mmr changes a few days ago, when I play a killer, most of the games I am up against try hard swfs and games are rly stressful. On the other hand, when I play survivor. the killer is camping, he gets the first hook and then camps until u are dead on hook. And this is my experience of 90% of the matches after mmr changes

• Adjatha
    Adjatha Member Posts: 1,814
    edited April 2022

Well, 55% of Steam users have quit over the last nine months.

The people who enjoy harassing strangers on the internet? Nothing they love has been taken from them, so they're all still playing.

You're roughly twice as likely to encounter horrible people than you were before. And the concentration is just going to keep going up as nothing is done to make the game less appealing to those sorts of people.

• DrDeepwound
    DrDeepwound Member Posts: 2,557
    edited April 2022

Because the only people marketing the game via YT vids and streams, mostly only gather followers and fans by playing toxic and being toxic. Their fans then go on to behave the same.

Small positive streamers who enjoy PVP and treat opponents with respect: 100 viewers

Large DBD popular streamer giving out codes: toxic af and held on pedestal by community despite past use of racial words etc,... 3000 viewers