The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

What if Dead Hard was a one time use

Marc_123
Marc_123 Member Posts: 3,497

just like Unbreakable and DS?

It would fit in this "strong" category i think.

Comments

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,492

Well I can usually bait it as killer and well as survivor I never can use it when killer is about to hit cause I play on console so it never works so I can only use it bit early or either for distance but what I would suggest is to nerf it on pc. As killer some pc players don't fall for bait and they just use it correctly every time so it irritates me and sometimes it can extend chase too long but don't dare to say it should be one time use on console.

• Brokenbones
    Brokenbones Member Posts: 5,167
    edited April 2022

Would it still be an exhaustion perk then?

Because not gonna lie, imagine DH being a one time use but it doesn't cause exhaustion

You'd actually see people running DH with exhaustion perks and being able to use both, isn't that a scary thought.

And on the other hand if it would make you exhausted then it'd be inconsistent with the rest of the exhaustion perks.

• SuzuKR
    SuzuKR Member Posts: 3,910

The problem with DH is the unconditional distance, nothing else.

• Marc_123

No, like UB or DS it can be used and thats it.

I don´t know if this is so scary. I think they would spare it for the end of the match then. But if they use it once it is gone.

• Brokenbones

I'll make a scenario to show why this might be a really bad idea

So, let's imagine the first survivor you find - you chase them for a while and then they make it to a window and use Lithe to speed off somewhere while healthy. Most killers would drop chase by this point but for the sake of argument, let's say you continue

Now think about it - the survivor has used a perk to make so much distance on you while being healthy + they have techincally 3 health states for the killer to deal with before they go down (First hit, Dead Hard and final hit). They can also use the first injury speed boost to make it somewhere while still having their DH in the back pocket.

This would be crazy unbalanced, imo - the main downside of DH is not being able to use other strong perks like Sprint Burst alongside it.

• James4125
    James4125 Member Posts: 266

If they made it a one time use I think they should allow it to be used while healthy.

That way you can use it to avoid a NOED hit or a chainsaw and the perk would remain viable without being a no skill or no thought required free distance button.

• Marc_123

I still don´t know. Yeah with Lithe, ok. But you can use it only once - only once in the match.

One of the most annyoing things with DH is, you can use it every time. 3 times if you get downed every time and hooked. Way more if you manage to escape the chases and get healed (quickly).

Then it is a third health state every time.

• TeabaggingGhostface
    TeabaggingGhostface Member Posts: 3,108

One time use with no exhaustion requirement, instead it would make you broken

• OpenX
    OpenX Member Posts: 890

A good SB user is still way worse than DH imo. People complaining about DH for distance when SB exists is tragic. It's gotta be like 7x the distance? DH is just the most convenient to use but the others can be just as powerful if not more.

Though I play lots of instadown killers so I am biased

• Brokenbones

When a survivor uses any other exhaustion perk, you can basically know for certain they can't use DH on you

So when you remove that certainty, I really feel like killer gameplay would become more frustrating as a result. Especially when survivors could stack the already good exhaustion perks out there with DH.

imagine Overcome + Dead Hard in the same build and being able to use both. Most M1 killers likely would have a very hard time winning that chase without wasting massive amounts of time (more so than if you just had DH on it's own too)

I get that your main gripe with DH is being able to use it multiple times, but exhaustion is the most balanced thing about the perk. Sprint Burst can be just as good if not better than DH, I wouidn't want that perk to be once per trial.

• OpenX
  • James4125

Sprint burst users can't make a mistake and fix it with a single button press or play greedy around every single pallet because they know a single E will save them. Sprint burst is a good perk but its nowhere near as broken as dead hard and that's why it's nowhere near as popular.

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    MikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 6,564

If it is one use perk, it can not have exhaustion effect. This mean people can use Dead Hard with another exhaustion perk. And this would break game. So i will say no.

• Brokenbones

I mean you could make the argument that Sprint Burst allows survivors to be in dead zones without as much risk because they can use Sprint Burst to make it somewhere while staying healthy

Surely being caught by the killer in a deadzone should be classified as a mistake, one that can be fixed with a single perk in this case?

I'm not saying you're wrong about DH, but SB def allows you to get away with things you wouldn't otherwise in a similar vein. The reason it's less popular is because it's much harder to use properly and takes more skill than DH does.

• OpenX

SB users can't play greedy at the pallets, but they can be greedy af at the generators. I usually sit on them right until the killer forces me off, making them break chase to do it. SB is THE gen jockey perk. But clicky clicky teabag survivors don't like gens so of course it's not as popular. It also takes some thought to manage unlike DH.

• Marc_123

Yes, but that is for the DH at the moment. Remember - only one use. You can act like he don´t have it.

If he uses it and escape your strike it can be strong but you know thats it for the rest of the match.

Maybe it won´t be used anymore. But if they use it, it should count. Like UB or DS.

Sprint Burst gives you more but it is a bit hard to time exactly. 99% and use mid chase is an advanced tactic not everybody can pull off.

• Marc_123

You also have the regular DH in mind. It can only be used once. This cannot break anything.

Maybe they will only use it at the exit gate to escape. That would be really strong. But then they can´t use it the whole game through.

• James4125

"It takes some thought to manage"

Exactly why dead hard is a much bigger problem than sprint burst will ever be.

They can make it somewhere sure but once they get there they either play the loop well or they get hit. None of this risky looping 50 times until forced to drop it then move on to the next one until forced to dead hard before you actually feel threatened.

• OpenX

I don't know, in this meta, looping is almost obsolete. Holding W and predropping is better against pretty much all the new killers. So many of the new killers just hit you over every pallet anyways, there is no real point to try to loop them. As long as your team is slamming gens, dropping pallets like candy is totally fine on most maps. I rarely play greedy, and would rather drop 5 pallets while 3 people work on gens than risk going down to save 1 pallet out of 20 on the map.

DH is annoying but I don't think it's stronger than SB. The only time it's better is during an unhook scenario. SB can also be used with Fixated to let you hold it without much penalty and also be very stealthy at the same time. Hiding and doing gens is optimal DBD. If the killer comes to your gen, and can't find anyone, they wasted a bunch of time for nothing. If they come over and start a chase with you, you are actively burning the maps resources.

• Marc_123

Hm maybe.

I think if you know it only can be used once a lot of people would be ok with that.