The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

BHVR, why do you insist on the depipping feature?

Carrow
Carrow Member Posts: 500

Grades are now permanently hidden, so people have to rely on other indicators as to why the matchmaking system is as atrocious as it is. You often talk big about how you want to make the community a better place and how you wish to ease the ridiculous amount of grind that the torrent of killer and survivor characters have unlocked with their numerous perks (refusing to remove perk tiers because that would be a good solution).

I could have five matches ending in 3 minutes because of early DCs, but then 3 really good rounds with double pips and I'm up a grade. Why do I have to get lucky with the sequence of my matches? My performance should be the thing measured, not my fortune.

It's not like you can just abuse the system while ruining the fun of others. DC-ing could still remove a pip to punish those that leave their fellow survivors to their doom, but if somebody played out the entire match to the best of their abilities but they happened to get teammates that just decided they can't be bothered, that person shouldn't be penalized.

At gold and iri ranks you have to put in an effort to pip up, so as a counterbalance, you could have every single pip up be as hard as iri ones, that way you don't just give them out for free.

It would also contribute to a healthier environment (even minimally). I'm sure there are plenty of survivors and killers out there who would be much more willing to go for a risky save/forego tunneling the first survivor they clap their eyes on if a defeat didn't set them back hours or days depending on their matches. Again, I understand that this wouldn't just magically make the game a better place, but I fail to see any downside. Unless of course it's a cheap way of making the players play more and hopefully buy more cosmetics as an extension.

It's literally just a few lines of code I would assume. You could be bothered to hide the ranks because you didn't like the feedback of your SBMM, so why not make the playerbase's life just a little easier that would take probably even less time?

Comments

• taah
    taah Member Posts: 28

This is something what I wanted for a long time. Depipping is the worst feature to be in the game rn.

• Rooftopper
    Rooftopper Member Posts: 141

depipping has cost me my mind

• Tiufal
    Tiufal Member Posts: 1,252

Depipping is totally fine if you did bad in a game or as punishment. Its not an issue. Your issue would be that the emblem system cant recognize DCs.