David's gay, pog. Who else?

Options
FeminineSlime
FeminineSlime Member Posts: 90
edited June 2022 in Lore

Don't worry, BHVR, I'll tell you who else is in the LGBT community so you don't have to worry about it. :) Source: Trust me. Characters not listed are straight, or at the very least too in the closet to know better. And no licenses.

Dwight Fairfield: Bisexual, but not out to himself. Why do you think he hides in so many lockers?

Claudette Morel: Straight, but she's questioning her gender identity. Probably non-binary.

Jake Park: He/They icon. Thanks to jesterkind in the comments for correcting my oversight here.

Ace Visconti: The most bisexual man you have ever met.

David KING: Gay.

Kate Denson: Bisexual. Obviously.

Adam Francis: Straight, but only because he hasn't had a chance to experiment. Open to new experiences.

Jeff Johansen: Asexual.

Yui Kimura: Lesiban. Obviously.

Felix & Elodie: Bisexual buds. They helped each other come out.

Mikaela: Transgender Lesbian.

I'd do killers but y'know I'm not sure any of them care at this point other than bisexual king The Clown. Anyway there you go BHVR. I did the hard work of knowing the truth so you don't have to. You don't even have to pay me. Obviously this whole thing is a bit silly, but the true way to "represent" the community is to have more than a single token gay character on the roster. All of us know many people in the LGBT community in our lives, and if BHVR is serious about reflecting that, they'll take what I've said here as gospel and implement it next patch. Godspeed.

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 6,967
    Options

I've always got some feelings of Gender:tm: from Jake, could be nonbinary after spending a long time in the woods figuring some stuff out. Hey/They icon.

• Kiridus
    Kiridus Member Posts: 48
    Options

Trickster always struck me as the type of person to be an Achillean. Everything about him just screams "I like pretty dudes" to me. Though I would imagine he is probably asexual, even if he is romantically into guys.

• megswifey
    megswifey Member Posts: 826
    Options

ME

• ItzZane_
    ItzZane_ Member Posts: 965
    Options

Claudette gives me ace/aro vibes..IDK why..

• AnneBonny
    AnneBonny Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 2,252
    Options

yui would be a good choice i think

also if mikaela is the transbian rep i'm actually going to cry lmao

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,543
    Options

claudette is aro/ace imho

also jake is definitely pan just saying

• IlliterateGenocide
    IlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 5,990
    Options

The only other lgbt character I could see is Claudette being Asexual.

but i dont know if i really consider A lack of Sexuality as LGBT

• AnchorTea
    AnchorTea Member Posts: 1,013
    edited April 2022
    Options

Trickster say's he's straight but he's a discreet bi.

• IlliterateGenocide
    IlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 5,990
    edited April 2022
    Options

*Deleted*

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,199
    Options

I always assumed Jane having the perk ‚Head-On‘ was implying something that will be later explored in a tome story.

i mean.. it’s literally her being in a closet and coming out strong while stunning their opponent…

• otavaiseurotrash
    otavaiseurotrash Member Posts: 7
    Options

pretty sure pinhead is canonically queer in someway, at the very least hes based on gay culture

• otavaiseurotrash
    otavaiseurotrash Member Posts: 7
    Options

oh and conjoined twins are always the same sex at birth so accidently trans Charlotte!

• Mooks
    Options

Being said that, I wonder why girls are so obsessed with the sexuality and genders of fictional characters

how would you even come to this conclusion at all?

• KateMain86
    KateMain86 Member Posts: 2,225
    Options

So you gave the ones you listed a sexuality based upon what again? I mean they can be whatever you want them to be in your opinion. I'm just curious what you based your conclusions on.

• GlamourousLeviathan
    GlamourousLeviathan Member Posts: 976
    Options

I'm pretty sure Oni is bisexual. He was the type of guy to be straight at home and gay between his buddies on the battlefield.

• chatgiraffe
    chatgiraffe Member Posts: 113
    Options

Trickster is Trickstersexual, he's that much of a narcissist

• ShadyHaddie
    ShadyHaddie Member Posts: 9
    Options

Most people are straight, so most of the people you listed are probably straight.

• Metronix
    Metronix Member Posts: 226
    Options

I don't wanna come of as rude, but do you know what you are talking about?

• KateMain86
    Options

For the sake of appeal I think it would be best for this to be the case. As of now, there are only some implications (Felix for example) and only one character's sexuality confirmed. DBD's player base is diverse, so they should be very careful how they handle this going forward. In David King's case, there were probably very many people who played him before who may not play him now just because his sexuality was revealed to be something that doesn't appeal to them. I've seen a lot of reactions to the reveal and from that alone I can tell there are players who now have no interest in playing David again. Now if David had been introduced in the game as a gay character we wouldn't even be talking about this today. He would have an established fandom and the risk of that loss of appeal wouldn't exist. If they reveal another current survivor to be gay, especially one that has been in the game for a long time, the same thing is going to happen again. More division in an already divided community over things like representation and sexualities of fictional characters.

For new survivors going forward this will be much less of a controversy (if any at all) if they are introduced into the game with these aspects of the character revealed from the get go. No one would have to worry about playing the character for years and find out something about them somewhere down the line that doesn't appeal to them anymore. This is why I have said before that it wasn't fair for people who played David King for this long to find out suddenly he is gay. Now it probably wasn't a problem for all of them but to many it was based on the reactions I saw. I know DBD's community consists of many people from the lgbt community but they aren't the only people who play this game. They also aren't the only people who this game can and does appeal to and with representation now being a focus area for DBD, I do worry for this game's future.

• Mooks
    Options

In David King's case, there were probably very many people who played him before who may not play him now just because his sexuality was revealed to be something that doesn't appeal to them.

those kind of people are the ones that shouldn’t be catered to and this really shouldn’t limit BHVR on how they write the lore for their characters. Otherwise it would actually go into the directions where people try to force them to do something they don’t want to.

Now if David had been introduced in the game as a gay character we wouldn't even be talking about this today.

not true at all. Just because you wouldn’t talk about it doesn’t mean others wouldn’t do. (And somehow I doubt you wouldn’t either).

If they reveal another current survivor to be gay, especially one that has been in the game for a long time, the same thing is going to happen again.

it’s already been confirmed by the devs we will see further LGBTQ+ additions both in existing and new characters. It don’t worry, there have also been heterosexual relationships added to existing characters. But I guess that was okay?

For new survivors going forward this will be much less of a controversy (if any at all)

it will just be different ‚arguments‘ against it, such as they are creating one-dimensional characters without any other character traits other than their sexuality. Regardless of the actual lore. Trust me. It will happen.

No one would have to worry about playing the character for years and find out something about them somewhere down the line that doesn't appeal to them anymore.

tome story’s are a thing for quite some time and they always add something new to existing characters. No one ever complained about any of that (except for Legion and Nurse I think). Also no one has to worry. It shouldn’t really matter what sexuality a fictional character has. You are just making good argumentations why we need more representation at this point.

I know DBD's community consists of many people from the lgbt community but they aren't the only people who play this game. They also aren't the only people who this game can and does appeal to and with representation now being a focus area for DBD, I do worry for this game's future.

non-lgbt people arent excluded or ignored at all though. And lgbt people are playing this game. And their is no focus on this area just because after multiple heterosexual relationships there is one character revealed to be gay while all the others are still left open. Also keep in mind that it’s very very uncommon for heterosexual people to ‚come out‘ or have a coming out experience where it would be needed to write a story about it.

seriously, sometimes you actually make it seem like you are a reasonable person and than you write a comment like this

people need to worry about if the character they are playing might turn out to be gay? -.-

• KateMain86
    Options

"Those kind of people" are part of this community too whether you like it or not. I stand by what I said in my previous reply.

• Mooks
    Options

Those kind of people don’t need to stay if they don’t like this.

And that’s not even only me saying this but even the devs.

• KateMain86
    Options

You're absolutely right. I play the game. I don't profit from it. I would hope though they would want to keep me and "those kind of people" as not just fans but also customers. They promote inclusivity so I have no reason to believe were not welcome here.

• Mooks
    Options

If you are actually against inclusion and representation and just the thought of playing a character that might be revealed to be LGBTQ+ worries you that much then by all means, no. They don’t want you as fans nor customers. They have stated as much on their official twitter as well.

and if you are against it you shouldn’t really support this game to begin with.

and just to be clear, you were not describing people that don’t care about LGBTQ+ characters. You were describing people that are directly opposed to inclusivity.

• KateMain86
    Options

Where have they stated on their official twitter that they don't want people who are against inclusion and representation as fans or customers?

When I first started playing this game I never saw anything about representation and there were no pride charms to make me think otherwise. The game appealed to me because of what it was, a horror game. If I had any indication I was not welcome in this game's community I would not have bought it.

• Mooks
    Options

I don’t know if I could find that comment on twitter again. But in the end they are now directly celebrating inclusion and representation. If you want to still support it then do so knowingly and intentionally. I won’t stop you :)

also, as they are going to be revealing more LGBTQ+ characters - both existing and new ones - even if you and many others say they are against it. So please, stay and complain about it all you want. Doesn’t bother me and you are supporting inclusion still.

• KateMain86
    Options

You made one hell of a claim about the company who made this game. I would hope you have something to support it. And I do support inclusion, which INCLUDES "those kind of people" you mentioned before.

• Mooks
    Options

I mean, I have just shown you the tweet of the Game Director which was a response to one of ‚those kind of people‘

and just to be clarify again : ‚those kind of people‘ are people that are directly against inclusion of LGBTQ+ characters.

And again (even though this is about tolerance i hope you are able to see that it’s also applicable on inclusion):

• KateMain86
    Options

I have no idea what the person said they replied to. It looks like the tweet was deleted so I have no idea the full context of what was said. Sometimes people say some really nasty things on twitter so I can understand if the guy they replied to said something heinous like a slur which people can be reported for in the game so obviously they wouldn't want people who do that in the game.

• Rizzo
    Rizzo Member, Administrator, Mod Posts: 17,275
    Options

Ok, enough.

I'm closing this here as it has gone out of topic and off the rails.

This discussion has been closed.