Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Congratulations on COMPLETELY killing GF!

2»

Comments

• squbax
    squbax Member Posts: 1,441

Undetectable only works on oblivious people, not the ones with the status effect actual oblivious people, and regarding chase yes m1 killers can force some pallets or get hits but for that to happen the loop has to be incredibly unsafe or the survivor has to mess up, you will prop down them eventually but if they arent throwing they should las at least a minute in chase.

• FeelsBadMan
    FeelsBadMan Member Posts: 570

yes, there is lots of people running Spine Chill in my games. Most run a vault speed build.

Before the changes to his reveal I could just mark those people during chase while leaning from behind stuff. Now I can't cause I simply get revealed - even if those people can't even see me.

I am pretty sure they messed something up and if GF is somewhere on the center of someone's screen, he is gonna start getting revealed even if he is LOS.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713
    edited May 2022

You’re wrong about it only working on clueless people. I catch otherwise good survivors all the time when I’m Undetectable. You just have to use cover on approaches to block lines of sight. A common mistake killers make when Undetectable is just coming straight in toward generators and such. You’re not invisible, you just can’t be heard as easily. So you need to use cover on approach to get as close as possible before being spotted. Also sidestepping toward the spot mitigates the alerts from Spine Chill. You won’t get grabs on people paying attention but you can definitely get close enough to make the ensuing chase very short.

And no, chases do not last 60 seconds on average unless the killer is messing up. My chases are more like 20-40 seconds typically with normal killers between when the survivor starts running and the pallet drop or hit. A 60 second chase is a sign you messed up as killer.

P.S. To clarify, I mean 20-40 seconds until either a hit or a pallet drop. In the beginning of the match you obviously get a lot of pallet drops initially versus hits.

• squbax

How on earth does someone manage to last only 20-40 seconds against an m1 killer? I mean against the good killers I get it fully but against something like sadako and ghostface, they have to be trolling at that point.

Regarding undetectable I already asumed people were using cover when I made my observation, once you know its a stealth killer they wont surprise you for the remaining of thr match maybe the first survivor can get jumped but if you already know its a ghostface there is no excuse to get surprised by him.

• Sludge
    Sludge Member Posts: 768

How do you kill what was already dead

• dugman

You don’t even have to believe me on the 60 second thing, pull up any game from any streamer playing a basic attack killer and track the seconds between when the survivor starts running and when either the killer gets a hit or a pallet is dropped. The solid streamers get it in 15-30 seconds typically. I’m not as good as they are and I do about 20-40 seconds. (I even did this experiment myself just now, pulled up a random recent Ghost Face video on RedsGamingGears, his chases were all in the 10-30 second range). 60 seconds average between when the survivor runs and a pallet or hit means the killer messed up probably. And that makes sense, if it took you literally a minute to even get a pallet drop you’d be spending three or four minutes just getting your first down which obviously is never the case unless the killer is really screwing up.

And you can assume people are using cover but I know for a fact I see a lot of people on streams not using cover well as a killer.

• Hannacia
    Hannacia Member Posts: 1,280

To be fair a lot of the killer main streamers have already lost the chase against that 1 minute exposed timer. If the survivor gets into a good loop and doesnt insta drop the pallet they can prolong the chase pretty well + that all mighty DH being in play almost everytime.

So yeah not everyone plays badly so its very possible to not get a down in 1 minute, but good killers do not continue chasing these kind of survivors and find the weaker links first.

Ghostface is weak and im saying this with heavy heart since i love him and i used to main him. I'll stick with my huntress for now until something massive happens in the game.

• dugman

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying Ghost Face is strong or weak either way, I’m just disputing that claim above that the average time to force a pallet or get a hit is 60 seconds when both the survivor and killer know what they’re doing.

And I agree, as a killer part of the strategy is knowing which survivor to chase when you have a choice and when not to bother starting a chase in the first place (like when a survivor is off 35 meters away in the middle of nowhere when you know the gens are being worked on nearby.) The macro gameplay of deciding where to go and who to chase and such is at least as important as the actual chases.

• ReverseVelocity
    ReverseVelocity Member Posts: 4,216

"Congratulations on COMPLETELY killing GF!"

-Pyramid Head to James Sunderland upon first seeing him

yes i know she was his wife

• Hannacia
    Hannacia Member Posts: 1,280

Best tactic for GF to stalk someone is to stay near anyways. I usually try to 99 people and go close and insta down them. Stalking from a far is usually pointless since you raise the chances of not catching them in that 60 seconds.

Its sad though that people arent playing him. I've seen 2 ghosties in last month...2!! Mostly saw nurses, blights, huntresses and nemmies. Gets boring but i get it.

• squbax

I think here is the misunderstanding I count the 60 seconds till the survivor goes down as thats when thr killer wins the chase. I firmly believe you cannot go down in less than 60 s against m1 killers if you are semi decent at dbd. Now that being said a lot of people somehow dont know how to run tiles but that doesnt make m1 killers good it just mean they can beat bad players.

• dugman

Yeah the 99% thing still works obviously, but it is nice that you now can also stalk to full from longer range and still have a decent chance of getting a down, plus even if you don't get the down directly from it that person can't break you out of stalk at all and is probably now spooked off a generator for a bit which still helps you out.

• dugman

Right, I thought we might be talking about different things, that's why I tried to clarify above I'm talking about how long it takes from the start of a chase to either a hit or a pallet drop and not how long it takes to get a down by just chasing someone and continuing to chase them. Timing wise it's basically if Ghost Face finds you they typically can get a hit or force the pallet pretty quickly depending on how close they managed to get before you spot them. If you're Marked or injured then a hit is a down, otherwise it's just an injure obviously. What the 60 second mark does is gives you a chance to get that hit before the mark expires, and even if you don't manage to chase that survivor or get a hit or just a get a pallet drop at some point it still indirectly benefits you since that survivor can't knock you out of stealth for those 60 seconds either which might give you an additional opportunity to ambush someone else instead. (Plus when you Mark someone they almost always panic and, even if you're not chasing them right away, they get off the generator and hide for a bit which is some extra slowdown for you. Especially if they panic right when a skill check hits and it explodes, that's the best. 😄)

Ghost Face's main weakness in fact, I think, is he has no map mobility so if the survivors are all spread out he'll have a tougher time pressuring more than one at a time. (It's the same weakness Pig has for instance, and why I think Sadako and Wraith have a bit of an edge on both of them. ) His Stealth and Marks make him a bit less reliant on long chases but they don't really help him in the macro game of exerting pressure over a large area.

• Valik
    Valik Member Posts: 1,274

After playing him for a little bit - I'm often revealed by survivors that I am unable to stalk at all.

In addition, his chase music is so bad now it gives me vertigo.

I'm not playing Ghostie... I just want the pain to go away.

And... really...

Survivors may get annoyed that they cannot reveal him, but the counter to the killer is that if you LOOK AT them, they cannot use their power.

LOOK. AT. THEM.

Imagine if looking at the Wraith made them unable to cloak or stay cloaked. Looking at a trapper made them unable to trap. Hag or Nurse cant TP while you look at them. Bubba's Chainsaw turns into a pool noodle while you look at him, etc.

Sure, survivors may complain that it's a bit wonky - fair enough, many systems are in need of little touch ups.

But unfair? It takes less time to reveal him than it takes for him to fully use his power - and his Stalk is useless if you're injured.

It doesn't take much to look in the killer's direction.

And if the only power that the killer has is that they have no terror radius / red stain for certain periods of time WHEN and only WHEN you can't look at them... then it isn't exactly a contender for the most useful power in the game.

• BlizzBlazz
    BlizzBlazz Member Posts: 9

I agree. Revealing makes sense as a deterrence mechanic, not unlike Sadako's 7 pips. Obviously not to the same extreme, so reveals should actually be more of a possibility, but mostly just to direct how GhF conducts that prechase interaction and not to consistently achieve it. It gives everyone involved direction and sound ques, encourages GhF bob and weave behind terrain, and all in all gives GhF encounters some personality while ever so slightly rewarding the survivor for being aware at a distance.

I think tunnel visioning on the survivor experience of actually succeeding at a reveal really undermines how difficult and luck based it is to remain entirely unnoticed against four people with substantially better camera angles than you. It just ends up being excessive and makes GhF's power feel at the beck and call of the survivors.

• pizzaduffyhp90
    pizzaduffyhp90 Member Posts: 901

He's still not the greatest but, I wouldn't say he's completely butchered and ruined.

• squbax

This people had to be actively throwing to gift a gf a 3k while having a bnp and some decent perks.

• DoctorMadness
    DoctorMadness Member Posts: 45

You can literally watch many ScottJund and Zubatlel streams and see how buggy ghost face was -.- dont give me that crap about people didn't know how to do it because I've seen videos of a player following a GF and looking directly at him in the middle of their screen and he didn't even get the reveal sounds once, GF was one of the buggest killers in game for 2+ years