If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

BHVR pls revert the infected screen edge of Nemesis for survivors, its horrible and triggers my ADHS

Options
BenZ0
BenZ0 Member Posts: 4,125
edited May 2022 in General Discussions

Srsly what was wrong with the previous version?

I cannot hit skill checks and cannot properly look around in chase cuz those moving gaps of the blue visual are really distracting.

Idk if that is a bug or a intended change but PLS revert that or change it OR give us an option in the graphiics I dont care but just do something. For now I am forced to DC or kill myself since I literally cannot play like this.

*Edit: I know its really funny of making fun of ppl with conditions keep going with it.

Post edited by Mandy on

Comments

• PlaysByShady
    PlaysByShady Member Posts: 590
    Options

No, ADDH, which is like ADHD but in the correct alphabetical order

• jajay119
    jajay119 Member Posts: 872
    Options

While we are on it, can we please have an option to disable the vomiting sound for Plague? It honestly makes me want to heave myself and I find her matches unplayable to the point of wanting to DC sometimes.

• BenZ0
    edited May 2022
    Options

Sry if that may sound rude but I am not now looking up the perfect explanation of my medical condition about that exact issue of how and what it triggers in which sense, asperger syndrom covers a huge list of many small issues, if you really want to know the exact things go google it, if things at the edge of my screen move constantly it discstracts me heavily, I literally cannot look around in a chase or hit skill checks cuz my eyes automactly focus on those moving particals.

Judge me how you want and honestly I dont care at all if ppl make fun of it, its distracting simple as that. It wasnt like that before the patch, must be a reason why its now an issue. Not the only one btw also my swf said its different and it feels weird but it isnt for them an issue as for me.

Also you are really funny with your "dude just needs medication", hope you are proud of yourself making fun of ppl who have issues or conditions.

• BenZ0
    Options

@MandyTalk @Rizzo90

I would appreciate if anyone can close that thread cuz it seems ppl are very mature here in the comments

• HexDaddyissues
    HexDaddyissues Member Posts: 328
    edited May 2022
    Options

dude i even said i ALSO have adhd (diagnosed at 11, medicted since 15). Aspergers (though technically its not called that anymore)and ADHD are NOT in the same realm. ASD and ADHD are both neurodivergent in nature but in different ways. I can understand a visual interruption exacerbating ASD symptoms, but it doesn't work that way with ADHD.

"BuT YoU DoN't KnOw WhAt ItS lIkE fOr Me", no, i don't. but i didnt go to school for 5 years studying abnormal psych to just brush it off when people misdiagnose/misrepresent very real and very difficult diagnosis.

You need medication if you're adhd. if youre on the spectrum: you're living your life and thats fine, no issues whatsoever with it. Infact, i work with children and adults on the autism spectrum, have multiple certifications for other developmental delays, and currenlty volunteer at my local childrens hospital once a week to read ot the kiddos there (all of which have some sort of developmental delay)

i'm sorry if a visual interruption is messing with your fun. Im not cool with people interchanging terms because they themselves don't understand it.

• BenZ0
    edited May 2022
    Options

Still no reason to act like you did and try to write provokating things to other ppl. I obviously dont know how to properly call out those things cuz I am not a doctor nor really into all kinds of things, I got diagnosed with asperger and thats it, I am not inclined to look up all my conditions and know them from hearth. I admid that I made a mistake and writing it not properly but still no reason to make fun of me indirectly or whatsoever.

All I am saying is the moving particles of the new infection screen is very distracting, I am asking for a change or ot revert it, no reason to fire on me and miss the whole topic of the post.

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,413
    edited May 2022
    Options

I’m hoping it’s a bug since the little squiggly line effect on the left and right edges of the screen is all blurry now too. Doesn’t look good at all and there was nothing wrong with it before.

• deKlaw_04
    deKlaw_04 Member Posts: 3,660
    Options

@MandyTalk please close the thread

• BenZ0
    Options

ye I think so too that it may be a bug cuz it just looks very weird, hope its getting fixed quick though.

And you are btw the first person who answered on topic xD thanks for that

• HexDaddyissues
    HexDaddyissues Member Posts: 328
    Options

you, as an adult humna, are responsible for understanding your diagnosis and learning what it means, how to deal with it propeerly adn how it will impact those around you as well. THAT is your responsibility and yours alone. You can't walk around and expect everyone to bend over backwards and fill you in on thing you could very easily google yourself. you got diagnosed, you shrugged it off and moved on? good for you. ut when issues arise becaus eof your diagnosis, thats not anyone elses responsibility to run damage control. Thats up to YOU to understand what it is, how to cope, how it will affect things in your life and at the very least, what kind of difficulties it might cause in the future.

im not a doctor either. I'm someone who, as i stated before, is ALSO neurodivergent (more so than just adhd) and am mature enough to also know that i have to deal with such diagnosis on my own.

the topic of the post was that your diagnosis made it difficult to focus when x y or z happens, to which i stated thats not really how adhd works. I state di understand if a visual interruption ruins your game, but attributing it to something you don't understand not only undermines everyone who DOES have it, it also makes a mockery of both adhd and asd.

ask for a fix, thats cool

asking for a fix because of a neruological issue, great, im all for it.

asking for a fix and throwing out a random acronym hooping it sticks is not cool.

• BenZ0
    Options

I wouldve say: "then tell me how to call or describe that properly and I put it on the title just for you. If its that much of an issue for it its alright" but again no reason to act like an child and make provokating comments against me. I am not even willing to read your comments properly at this point cuz I think you just try to justify yourself somehow.

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,307
    Options

closed at op's request

This discussion has been closed.