Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

How do you rate Ghostface now?

Dsg4041
Dsg4041 Member Posts: 75

Whether you are an experienced Survivor who has played against him a couple times recently, or you are a Killer who has a good number of Ghostface matches under your belt, how do you rate Ghostface now? 

The only little twist is that this Poll will make you think about the new Ghostface versus the old Ghostface. Cheers!

How do you rate Ghostface now? 48 votes

He's insanely good, period.
2% 1 vote
He's good, and even better after this "GF/Legion Update".
14% 7 votes
He's good, but maybe seems worse after this "GF/Legion Update".
6% 3 votes
He's meh, but better after this "GF/Legion Update" at least.
33% 16 votes
He's meh, and maybe even worse after this "GF/Legion Update".
31% 15 votes
He's bad, period.
12% 6 votes

Comments

• Dsg4041
    Dsg4041 Member Posts: 75

I main him, play him very often, and have played pretty much every new add-on combo and strategy. And the new Reveal mechanic washes it all away, and then some.

I actually get how old Ghostface was too tricky to Reveal at times, and I am all for Revealing him to be easier. But this felt like a swing too far in the Reveal mechanics. I crouch behind a semi-short wall, and I'm Revealed over it. I get back inside a building or behind a tall wall, doesn't matter, the third person Survivor camera can track him just long enough to Reveal, never mind that I can't see the Survivor's body and the Survivor's eyes can't see me (only his third person camera sees me). And etc., etc. I even feel like I can't Lean as easily as before.

Another big problem is when Survivor(s) stalked Ghostface to always Reveal him instead. With the old system, it wasn't super easy. Now it is. Just simply be within 32m of him and you did 70% of the work to Reveal him already.

I think a lot of people, like me, are loving the add-on changes and the two Ghostface buffs, and are grateful for them. But I think if you polled a bunch of real Ghostface main's, most of us would vote for the old Ghostface to come back simply because of the new Reveal/Stalking mechanics. And I am very interested to see the data on Ghostface's kill rate 6 months after the "Legion/GF Update", especially as compared to 6 months before it.

• Advorsus
    Advorsus Member Posts: 1,033

I have to agree. His new stalk mechanic hinders him too much. There needs to be an even ground, cause right now he really only feels like an m1 killer with no power, you don't even get to stealth that much with how easy it is to reveal him now.

• Plsfix369
    Plsfix369 Member Posts: 566

Harder than ever, if you haven't played against Wallhacks Survivors, Spinechill or SWF then you haven't suffered yet. He's nowhere near as capable as before, His kit is overly complicated and still suffers from the reveal mechanic but amped up to 10.

I also never used Add-ons on Ghostface cause Killer shouldn't be relying on add-ons to be viable and his problems are apparent with his current basekit.

My Solution is to add a small sprint or dash mechanic where he cannot be revealed for 1-2 sec and can only be used once per power activation.

• AndehX
    AndehX Member Posts: 14

He's definitely better than he was, there's no arguing that

• Valik
    Valik Member Posts: 1,274

Survivors can easily reveal you while you are unable to stalk them.

Your 'Mark' is not incredibly powerful and is highly situational.

If a team doesn't heal, you're just Undetectable Machete Man.

If the team keeps an eye on you, you are just Machete Man.

If you spawn into a Coldwind map, you are just DC Man.

He's flat just not worth playing when you have superior options.

Saduko is a contender for the worst killer in the game, but at least she has a teleportation ability. Meyers is a stealth killer and he can eradicate an entire team in 60 seconds once he gets the ball moving.

GF tho? Eh.

Freddy and Clown are better in loops,

Pig and Trapper have better map control and slowdown.

There's very little reason to play him IMO.

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611

He was ok before, but his new update made him worse. He's too easy to reveal, marking a survivor is really situational, his power is very map dependent, and his chase music is awful.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,371

The addon changes are nice as they open up more builds with him, but I don't see anything in particular with his updated addons that really helps him a lot.

His base kit didn't get any changes other than making it easier for survivors to reveal him so overall he didn't really change much and might be weaker now.