Still no Steamdeck support, shame.

h0lyl337
h0lyl337 Member Posts: 5
edited August 2022 in General Discussions

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• Pumpkinbros
    Pumpkinbros Member Posts: 425

Hey, just chiming in. ports aren't like the simplest thing to create there's no "upload to steam deck" button on UE4 they have to do a lot of work to get it to work on these devices and make sure they work with the live versions on all the other consoles, give it time, the steam deck literally released this year, they'll get to it, I promise <33

• h0lyl337
    h0lyl337 Member Posts: 5

no port is needed, windows games run fine on linux via proton...its the anticheat that isn't working, all the devs have to do is enable it.

• Thrax
    Thrax Member Posts: 974

it's easy anti cheat that's the problem

there are two versions of it. one works and one doesn't. The one already in use epic isn't going to make capable of running. changing to the other EAC isn't the simplest thing.

I read something about it on reddit when the deck was only in the first days of being released IIRC. specifics escape me because that was the end of it but my impression is that it isn't the game devs fault.

The company to blame for that is Epic Games. I'd say go complain to them but they don't really allow complaints to gather momentum before being removed on reddit and they have no forum of their own because they know they'll earn a lot of vitriol.

For once I won't blame BHVR.

• ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,333

It's a bit more involved than just enabling it considering DBD is far from the only EAC using game that doesn't run well or at all in proton.

• Khrundel
    Khrundel Member Posts: 1

This info is a bit outdated. Yes, somewhere near September 2021 Epic had announced EAC for proton support and yes, somewhere near December 2021, developer of Vermintide 2 had written post about existence of 2 variants of EAC and inability to activate proton support with SDK variant. But starting from January 24 both variants of EAC (SDK and EOS) support proton (https://store.steampowered.com/news/group/4145017?emclan=103582791433666425&emgid=3137321254689909033).

You can find easyanticheat_x64.so within EasyAntiCheat subdirectory of DbD, so they've already updated EAC to proton-compatible version, they just need to allow it to work with proton.

This discussion has been closed.