So the hatch doesn't close with gates powered?

Options
FSB75
FSB75 Member Posts: 474

Just asking because I was testing this and the option to close the hatch didn't appear.

Comments

• theagitatedapricot
    theagitatedapricot Member Posts: 78
    Options
    Nope. You can't close the hatch, they have not made that change yet. 
  • FSB75
    Options

@not_Queen said:
    This is something we tested with the PTB but we had no intention to push live on that update.

Thank you so very much for the response. I just found out while trying to close the hatch just now. I thought perhaps I didn't have the action bound to a key.

• Rallens
    Rallens Member Posts: 1
    Options

Will you give the community your thoughts on the hatch standoff and what the data concluded in your next livestream? @not_Queen

• LadyGamerX
    LadyGamerX Member Posts: 28
    Options

Id like to see some type of timing feature for the hatch instead of an instant close. I don't even know if that's possible though. Just an example though, after the 3rd survivor has died the hatch starts a countdown for 60 seconds or even 90 seconds. Once the 60-90 seconds are up the killer can then close the hatch. This gives survivors not only a chance to find the hatch if they choose and try to get it but to also get a gen done if they so choose. Pair that with an increased time to finish gens once the hatch is closed. I'd also like to see the hatch have a feature to automatically close once 1 survivor has left through an exit gate to prevent survivors prolonging the game to get the hatch. I am a 50/50 player. Just some thoughts. <3

• GhostEuant
    GhostEuant Member Posts: 243
    Options
    @LadyGamerX said:
    “I'd also like to see the hatch have a feature to automatically close once 1 survivor has left through an exit gate to prevent survivors prolonging the game to get the hatch.”

I agree. When there’s only one survivor left (and at least one other has escaped) then the hatch should stay closed. It would certainly help me get into other games faster because my friend insists on going for the hatch and/or totems every time even when they can safely escape through a gate. Plus the hatch is just free points once people are escaping and even some survivors will stay in the game just to fight to use the hatch. 
  • FSB75
    Options

I damn sure don't like the head start system that they are considering.

So....let's assume neither the Killer nor the last survivor knows where the hatch is located. Once the 3rd survivor is killed, the last survivor is simply going to head for a gate and wait. If they so happen to see the gate on the way there, so be it....but once the killer finds the hatch and closes it, the gates get powered. Now the killer has a 50/50 chance of picking the correct gate.

The real problem is the hatch standoff...the fact that survivors cannot occupy the same space as the killer. This results in a lot of time for the same result.....survivors escape. Even if survivors are in the injured state, and the killer hits them to put them int he dying state, they are usually close enough to still escape. I guess I SHOULD be happy with a 50/50 as opposed to a time wasting escape....it just feels like a bunch of cheese. I mean I guess it makes sense to power the gates....no....I like the gate closed generator repair speed boost idea better.

When the hatch is closed, it's closed.....increase repair speed by 100%....call it "panic", I don't really care. The last survivor needs to do one last gen.