Horror DBD vs Meme DBD

Options
AshInTheTallGrass
AshInTheTallGrass Member Posts: 1,669

Which is more fun for you?

Horror DBD vs Meme DBD 60 votes

Horror DBD: I want genuine jump scares, stress (in a good way), fear, etc.
50%
GibberishF60_31pizzaduffyhp90AetherBytesMrPenguinAhoyWolfHellraisingPredatorThe_Grim_Reaper99ValikAdvorsusFilthyLegionMainArchAbhorUndershotdarkcloudlinkTsukiYureiQwQwGamerEzrashinobu149GarlicRice[Deleted User] 30 votes
Meme DBD: I have more fun when the game isn't taken seriously. Give me funny plays, hilarious cosmetics/gamertags, meme builds, etc.
11%
Aven_FallenFeryGENWampiritaRattiusSpinostafrikawickJonathanByersmagicmooman 7 votes
Ehhhhh . . . both, I guess? Depends on my mood.
30%
White_OwlMiriamGbrokedownpalaceTaigaNougattueurShapedMelodys_Rhythm[Deleted User]TatariuAshInTheTallGrassAzxx93CheeseAnton[Deleted User]Marc_123UlaKmcauley05GibusMadEyePopo 18 votes
Neither. I now hate this game with the passion of a thousand burning suns, but I'm still on the forums for some reason so I'll answer the damn question anyway.
3%
Gazgemauchecb_pt 2 votes
I'm creative and want to use this as an opportunity to go off on a tangent about something unrelated to the question. Stay tuned for my genius, enlightened take.
3%
steponmeadirisBothSidesEnjoyer 2 votes
I'm just here for the comments. *snacks on some popcorn*
1%
Luna_David 1 vote

Comments

• AshInTheTallGrass
    Options

lol I'd love to play with those people

I once did no mither, self care, unbreakable, and for the people lol

• AshInTheTallGrass
    Options

I got some genuinely good jump scares from Sadako when she first came out. I forgot how exciting it was to have that in this game, and I missed it. It was scary but fun.

• Ula
    Ula Member Posts: 276
    Options

I wish the game was more gore, like altering the survivor models when killed by a RBT (reverse bear trap), moried by the demogorgon, etc. I guess that fits for horror.

I also like the "z movie" feeling dbd can have, and I wish some funny events were made for April Fool.

• GamerEzra
    GamerEzra Member Posts: 941
    Options

I didn't play against a lot of Onryo's when she came out tbh. I can't remember the last time I played against one. It's such a shame she is so terribly weak.😥 I would play her more if she wasn't F- tier.

• Valik
    Valik Member Posts: 1,274
    Options

(I love these options!)

While there should be levity at certain points, the game should be tense and frightening.

• AshInTheTallGrass
    Options

lol this forum is filled with some *interesting* characters. Figured I should acknowledge them before they could sneak attack with a snarky "dbd is trash now so there's absolutely nothing fun about it" or "it doesn't matter because until the devs fix (insert complaint unrelated to the question)."

Fair point. Sometimes, I love the meme games, but other times, I like the tense, scary games. I don't really get those now, sadly (I've been playing DBD for years so the fear wore off a long time ago).

• Valik
    Valik Member Posts: 1,274
    Options

True - the spark is harder to hold once experience takes hold.

However, the tension is best when you're in the midst of the cat and mouse game. Ghostface popping around the corner is always worth a jolt!

I think that, as seen above, the mario team is all good fun - and some meme builds are equally effective as well as hilarious. However, both sides need to hold a certain reverence for the other, which most 'meme' interactions belie.

Killers should be in constant tension that survivors are going to make a daring getaway.

Survivors should be on the edge of their seats as they struggle to complete objectives and survive chases long enough to secure their escape.

I find that most 'meme' interactions focus on Survivor who hold the killer in complete contempt, and killers that view survivors as mere playthings.

It's good to have fun in between, but when I say there should be tension - it isn't so much that everyone should be fearful or terrified, moreover - that there should be a solid root of mutually exclusive objectives and power that causes players to sit at the edge of their seat... which makes the jokes all the more hilarious once sprung.

• AshInTheTallGrass
    Options

Those types of games have been unicorns for me; but they are some of the best, I have to agree.

• F60_31
    F60_31 Member Posts: 124
    Options

Horror. Always.

• Chiky
    Chiky Member Posts: 647
    Options

As a killer it's fun sometimes to goof around and help the survivor or thigs like that. But as a survivor i wanna feel scared, which is not what happens in this game. I made a whole post about that.

• AshInTheTallGrass
    Options

Link your post, please.

• Chiky
    Chiky Member Posts: 647
    Options
  • steponmeadiris
    steponmeadiris Member Posts: 225
    Options
    I'm creative and want to use this as an opportunity to go off on a tangent about something unrelated to the question. Stay tuned for my genius, enlightened take.

Romance DBD. The Killer and I stare into each other's eyes for 2 minutes straight. The fact that I'm on the hook has nothing to do with it.

• AshInTheTallGrass
    Options

I mean . . . if it's with the Trickster . . .

They don't call him Ji-Swoon for nothin' . . .

• Kmcauley05
    Kmcauley05 Member Posts: 27
    Options

please tell me that if you were the killer, you were blight or demo just to be something like bowser?

• Wampirita
    Wampirita Member Posts: 808
    Options
    Meme DBD: I have more fun when the game isn't taken seriously. Give me funny plays, hilarious cosmetics/gamertags, meme builds, etc.

I completely live for meme games you find like once a month.

Either it's a hilarious name, that will make it into my hall of fame of best names i've met

Either it's a 4-man Dwelf lobby that will do nothing entire game, but walk around the map together.

Either it's just running a stupid, never working meme build to pull out something unbelievable once.

Either it's a Jeryl, we all know they're the absolute gods.

On other side you'll meet the Chest Protectors, who are the absolute stars in the toxic sky of this community. They'll wait all day in the basement, just to find that one game that will make someone's day.

There's Sky/Space Billy players, who stopped caring about playing the game to tryhard and just started performing tricks to amuse their survivors. #SaveSkyBilly !!

Even Devs are feeding us with amusement

Even if that was supposed to be a joke, I can't wait for Hooked on You to be available.

Memes is what keeps this community still somewhat whole. Please keep it going. For some people it's cringe, some people are too tryharding to chill out and meme around, but in the end, we all have something that brings a smile to our faces <3

• AshInTheTallGrass
    Options

I laughed at a few of those names 😂😂😂 But yeah, I like playing normally, but I love the meme games, too. They inject fun back into the game for me. Yesterday, a Ghostface and I slowly raced to the gate together. Slow-mo chasing Ghostface was far funnier than I knew lol

We had pretty funny and wholesome conversation after the match. Wherever he is, I hope he's having a great day 👍