I Called It

Options

I totally predicted the new survivor perk "Breakdown."

My perk idea I came up with around a week ago.

Reckless
Your eagerness to help others makes you reckless.
Your unhooking speed is increased by 9%.
When rescuing a survivor from a hook, the hook will break. The rescuing survivor suffers from the Exhaustion effect for 60/50/40 seconds. Reckless cannot be activated while suffering from the Exhaustion effect. Reckless does not break Basement hooks.

"They're not gonna be happy when they see this mess!"

Yeah, they work differently, but ultimately do the same thing. My joy from predicting this is through the roof! :chuffed:

Comments

• NeonAlien
    NeonAlien Member Posts: 328
    Options
    Nice! 
  • RotBb
    RotBb Member Posts: 396
    Options
    I had the same idea for this perk, just slightly different, so I felt the same why when I saw that perk.
  • Saint_Ukraine
    Saint_Ukraine Member Posts: 942
    Options

@RotBb said:
    I had the same idea for this perk, just slightly different, so I felt the same why when I saw that perk.

That's awesome! See, my perk was activated when unhooking other survivors, whereas Breakdown is activated when being unhooked, or self unhooking. I think that's the main difference. How did yours work?

• purebalance
    purebalance Member Posts: 661
    Options

Except you didn't? You're patting yourself on the back for being slightly close but acting like you were practically spot on. That's like saying if you said Spirit Fury was going to be that when a survivor drops their 2nd pallet it automatically breaks even if it doesn't hit the killer and the survivor's aura is revealed that you predicted Spirit Fury spot on when that's not even close to it.

• Oblitiry
    Oblitiry Member Posts: 487
    Options
    I said it should happen back in october during a not serious smart ass rant.
    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/193917#Comment_193917

Now I'm just horrified and hope they don't turn anything else stupid I said into a perk.
  • Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    Options

@purebalance said:
    Except you didn't? You're patting yourself on the back for being slightly close but acting like you were practically spot on. That's like saying if you said Spirit Fury was going to be that when a survivor drops their 2nd pallet it automatically breaks even if it doesn't hit the killer and the survivor's aura is revealed that you predicted Spirit Fury spot on when that's not even close to it.

Welcome to the world of cold readings.

• Saint_Ukraine
    Options

@purebalance said:

If you say so.

• purebalance
    purebalance Member Posts: 661
    Options

@Saint_Ukraine said:

@purebalance said:

If you say so.

Yeah I do and it's pretty much fact. What next you're going to say you called the election because you said a human won?

• RotBb
    RotBb Member Posts: 396
    Options

@RotBb said:

That's awesome! See, my perk was activated when unhooking other survivors, whereas Breakdown is activated when being unhooked, or self unhooking. I think that's the main difference. How did yours work?

Mine made it to where when unhooking yourself of freeing yourself from a bear trap, they would be destroyed for 30/40/50 seconds, then a +10% base chance for both escape chances
  • Saint_Ukraine
    edited November 2018
    Options

@purebalance said:

@Saint_Ukraine said:

@purebalance said:

If you say so.

Yeah I do and it's pretty much fact. What next you're going to say you called the election because you said a human won?

I do not think that's comparable to this, nor is it remotely relevant.

Post edited by Saint_Ukraine on
  • Speshul_Kitten
    Speshul_Kitten Member Posts: 1,861
    Options
    Tbh it’s not replacing any perks I have in my top 4 not even interchangeably
  • AdánAR
    AdánAR Member Posts: 118
    edited November 2018
    Options

I remember back in May a weeks before Clown's PTB that i thought while i was in the shower "What if devs makes a killer clown with a power who allows him to throw bottles with some toxic gas? That would be cool" Then Clown came out. And I was happy af.

Post edited by AdánAR on
  • Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,676
    Options

Lol, You totally called it except for just about everything.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    Options

@Saint_Ukraine said:

@purebalance said:

If you say so.

Your perk does the following:

• Your unhooking speed is increased by 9%.
    • When rescuing a survivor from a hook, the hook will break.
    • The rescuing survivor suffers from the Exhaustion effect for 60/50/40 seconds.
    • Reckless cannot be activated while suffering from the Exhaustion effect.
    • Reckless does not break Basement hooks.

Breakdown does the following:

• Any time you are removed from the hook (escaped or saved), the hook breaks.
    • The Killer's aura will be shown to you for 4 seconds.

Differences:

• Breakdown is used by the person who was hooked, and not the person who did the unhooking.
    • Breakdown does not increase unhooking speed.
    • Breakdown activates even if you self-unhook.
    • Breakdown does not give Exhaustion to the person being unhooked or the person unhooking.
    • Breakdown activates no matter who's suffering from Exhaustion (primarily because Exhaustion is gone when you're hooked).
    • Breakdown shows you the Killer's aura.

Similarities:

• Both result in a hook being broken after someone is unhooked.

That's six big differences and one tenuous similarity. So yeah, @purebalance does say so, as does everyone else who can look at it objectively.

• Saint_Ukraine
    Options

@Orion said:

@Saint_Ukraine said:

@purebalance said:

If you say so.

Your perk does the following:

• Your unhooking speed is increased by 9%.
    • When rescuing a survivor from a hook, the hook will break.
    • The rescuing survivor suffers from the Exhaustion effect for 60/50/40 seconds.
    • Reckless cannot be activated while suffering from the Exhaustion effect.
    • Reckless does not break Basement hooks.

Breakdown does the following:

• Any time you are removed from the hook (escaped or saved), the hook breaks.
    • The Killer's aura will be shown to you for 4 seconds.

Differences:

• Breakdown is used by the person who was hooked, and not the person who did the unhooking.
    • Breakdown does not increase unhooking speed.
    • Breakdown activates even if you self-unhook.
    • Breakdown does not give Exhaustion to the person being unhooked or the person unhooking.
    • Breakdown activates no matter who's suffering from Exhaustion (primarily because Exhaustion is gone when you're hooked).
    • Breakdown shows you the Killer's aura.

Similarities:

• Both result in a hook being broken after someone is unhooked.

That's six big differences and one tenuous similarity. So yeah, @purebalance does say so, as does everyone else who can look at it objectively.

I know the differences, but the big thing is the hook breaking after an unhook. That's all. I think this post is being taken a bit too seriously.

• Saint_Ukraine
    Options

@Speshul_Kitten said:
    Tbh it’s not replacing any perks I have in my top 4 not even interchangeably

I think it's more for average/below average players, like myself. (I won't lie, I'm not that good).