We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

Which license survivor do you think suffered the most?

Options
RandomJoJoguy147
RandomJoJoguy147 Member Posts: 8

It’s not surprising that the license survivors have been through horrors that no ordinary person should have to go through. But who do you think suffered the most?

Note: that if a license chapter has two survivors I’ll be including both survivors in the same poll option since they went through similar horrors.

Which license survivor do you think suffered the most? 66 votes

Laurie Strode
9%
Get_Beaned_B0IsteponmeadirisRemedicisthailxsatanxeveryxdayLiterallyweezingKittySusie 6 votes
Quentin Smith
15%
DeadeyeDahtinIlliterateGenocideDemo_Gaming101CybilDustyPumpking_AdamFrancis_BaixakiVentureBrosFanthe_dempsy99 10 votes
Detective Tapp
4%
DarkMagikdugmanLekitzul 3 votes
William “Bill” Overbeck
9%
WeepemeDito175LaffleSpittoon_PineappleLichilmajor 6 votes
Ash Williams
18%
TheMimic77Steel_EyedGreyBigfootCheeseAntonPumpkinbrosRandomJoJoguy147DredgenWar237HOMOGRIMOIRESmoeVoxelHopElleGreenbarbabietola 12 votes
Steve Harrington and Nancy Wheeler
1%
Fuzzycube 1 vote
Cheryl “Heather” Mason
36%
TaigaTMCalypsoMrJack20252blackfoxx_xBenOfMilamWampiritaMarc_go_soloBrokenbonesAnchorTeaTheArbiterAnneBonnyGryzeldaAurellecordonrougeFalloutRapturevanGlasse1CleverotterbittercranberryJinxedMartianTripod 24 votes
Jill Valentine and Leon S Kennedy
6%
MrPotato[Deleted User]Metronixspilledthemayo 4 votes
Yoichi Asakawa
0%

Comments

• DredgenWar237
    DredgenWar237 Member Posts: 85
    Options
    Ash Williams

Cheryl more psychologically, but Ash has lost literally everyone, living a life as a messiah he didn't want to be, facing down evil itself and the end of the world every day for decades. I believe Ash gets this win.

• MrJack20252
    MrJack20252 Member Posts: 383
    Options
    Cheryl “Heather” Mason

i believe the universe should give heather a break tbh

• Deadeye
    Deadeye Member Posts: 3,627
    Options
    Quentin Smith

On RE and ED I kinda think that the main characters are tough badasses that are made to survive stuff like that. So maybe objectively they might have had the greatest suffering, but as a normal person having to go through deadly nightmares and all you can do to avoid it is staying awake (which is a true torture already, finished with almost secure death) is somehow my pick

• DarkMagik
    DarkMagik Member Posts: 822
    Options
    Detective Tapp

Suffers a Broke Marriage because of his obsession with Jigsaw,his partners dies,gets fired from the pd,got shot & then died

• Pumpkinbros
    Pumpkinbros Member Posts: 424
    Options
    Ash Williams

I'm sorry but ash has just absolutely been through it, in the first movie, he's already gone completely insane, loses his hand in the second, and every person he loves gets turned into a deadite. He's so used to it to the point that he's selfish and doesn't care about the new friends he makes, he'll sacrifice anything for anyone though, and he's tough. Cheryl has definitely seen some stuff, but ash has seen some ######### ok?

• Lekitzul
    Lekitzul Member Posts: 495
    Options
    Detective Tapp

Detective Tapp had it pretty bad actually. He go his throat slashed, he saw his partner get blown apart by shotguns. He got an obssesive thing going on after Pig/Jigsaw and it ruined his life. He was physically and mentally devastated. His fallout from his events was harsh, which is why I voted for him.

Jill/Leon have it really bad, they've had to survive through multiple events, but they seem pretty built for it. Cheryl has it pretty rough, but I haven't actually finished her games yet.

• cordonrouge
    cordonrouge Member Posts: 155
    Options
    Cheryl “Heather” Mason

cheryl and her past reincarnations, i mean she was literally burned alive.

• Slowpeach
    Slowpeach Member Posts: 673
    Options

Honestly I don't think we can honestly say there's a lot of blanks and unknowns about most of them and I don't know all of them so I'm not going to vote on what I don't know. Based on what little I know of the series (it's on my to do list), Ash does seem the most likely but Bill I think keeps his cards VERY close to his chest and it's obvious he has some form of PTSD.

• VentureBrosFan
    VentureBrosFan Member Posts: 52
    Options
    Quentin Smith

quentin, because of Freddy

• Dahtin
    Dahtin Member Posts: 24
    Options
    Quentin Smith

My reasoning was between four candidates: Ash, Quentin Smith, Cheryl Mason, and Yoichi Asakawa. I see a good argument for all four of them.

Ash is perhaps the most straightforward one of the four, seeing how he lost everyone and is constantly in a war for the state of the world. Everyone he loves becomes a Deadite in some form, and he closed himself off from others to prevent a target from being placed on them, all because of their relationship with him. He's gone through A LOT, and I nearly instantly chose him. However, he continued to conquer the horrors that threw themselves at him, growing stronger, cockier, and more resolved. Though he might have suffered the most, he is not the one currently suffering the most, and due to the nature of The Fog, I have to believe someone else is going through it worse.

Cheryl Mason is more or less a humanization of guilt, grieving over the death of her father as well as the knowledge of what had happened to her past reincarnations. To be frank, she was more-or-less a "next in line" of unfortunate circumstance and grisly fates considering the record she was all too aware of. However, she was eventually able to push back. Though her psychological state is irreparably fractured, she is still able to utilize poor situations to push through.

Yoichi, on the other hand, hasn't experienced the horrors of Cheryl or the nightmares of Ash. He was the survivor of the curse. He grew successful, only to crash when his students disappeared in a location connected to the curse. The guilt lingering for decades bubbled back to the surface. Diving into a frenzy, Yoichi was ostracized and all the work he had done could not save him from ridicule. The Entity then likely took the form of his father, the same spirit that freed him from Sadako, to pressure him into continuing the moment he found a steady job. In following his father, Yoichi was flung to his death from the ship, watching the spirit that granted him salvation lead him to the very curse he had been running from the whole time, and something worse. Yoichi's guilt and fear led him to drown by the curse, decades after it vanished.

That said, Yoichi had something that Quentin Smith did not: release. To be vulnerable, The Entity had to play onto his fears, much as it did with Cheryl and Yoichi. Those fears had vanished and were dug back up. But for Quentin? Those fears never left in the first place. Freddy's terror had not ceased with Nancy's plan, it had only taken a reprieve. Quentin faced an organic nightmare, not only built on superstition and rumor. Sadako was never there; Freddy was. His survival was only due to The Entity's grasp, forever tasked to help others, no matter the fear he held. Even in the perks, there is a sense of urgency and fear matched by no other Survivor.

TL;DR - Ash and Cheryl could get through their horrors (albeit less so with Cheryl) and Yoichi fell completely helpless to a perceived resurgence of what he ran from his entire life, despite that not being the case. Quentin, however, experienced a real nightmare he thought he had conquered, and his panic and fear matched the state of Yoichi. Yoichi, Ash, and Cheryl can be driven by a relentless desire to see things through in The Fog, but Quentin is driven solely by fear and hatred.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,811
    Options
    Cheryl “Heather” Mason

Cheryl has been burnt, tortured, had her soul split in 2, lived in a nightmare, reincarnated but spent the entirity of her life on the run, forced into more nightmarish worlds, lost her father via murder, made pregnant with a god that caused disgusting pain and had to fight said god.

Can't think of anyone of the licensed characters who could possibly have suffered more.

• DustyPumpking
    DustyPumpking Member Posts: 32
    Options
    Quentin Smith

Story wise it's absoloutly Cheryl

attention in DBD wise it's undoubtly Quentin

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611
    Options
    Cheryl “Heather” Mason

Cheryl had to live life on the run from a cult, had to relive her past memories when she was Alessa, had to go through the many horrors of Silent Hill, had a literal god growing inside her and had to fight said god. She also has to live with the pain of Alessa's memories and has to live with the pain of the death of her father. The poor girl needs a break.

• Cybil
    Cybil Member Posts: 1,164
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Quentin Smith

In terms of suffering endured AFTER being abducted Quentin is at the top of the list. Based on his campfire animation he isn't entirely sure of what's going on in his sleep deprived state. He nods off and then quickly wakes up before checking his surroundings. He obviously can't tell if he's still vulnerable to Freddy in his sleep.

Based on the journal entry written about him Quentin is more focused and driven than the survivors added before him. He's running on pure adrenaline at this point.

(This is easy mode for the Silent Hill and Resident Evil protags).

• the_dempsy99
    the_dempsy99 Member Posts: 34
    Options
    Quentin Smith

freddy did bad things too him as a kid now hes stuck in a realm with him forever

• DashMonsta008XV
    DashMonsta008XV Member Posts: 611
    Options
    Cheryl “Heather” Mason

Pyramid Head he has to wear a gigantic metal frame that cuts into his skin with every movement.It must suck trying to get through some doors.He has to wield a giant knife, that weights a ton,he can't even hit anyone with it in silent hill 2, only if their foolish enough to stand there.Force to chase Sunderland, when he'd be rather chasing monster girls xD Then when this jerk finally remembers what he did and decides to "not want to be punished anymore" Pyramid Head has to cease existing,that sucks 😞

I really feel bad for the guy.

Also poor Cheryl has it really bad,omg how can you not give her a free escape everytime.

• AnneBonny
    AnneBonny Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 2,252
    Options
    Cheryl “Heather” Mason

i think cheryl had the shittiest life imaginable tbh