error connection with host could not be established

Options

Hey is anyone getting the same error aswell? getting them since today cant play killer or survivor

Answers

• Wampirita
    Wampirita Member Posts: 808
    edited May 2022
    Options

I started getting it like 10 min ago, I thought it's from my side so I restarted game, then restarted steam, then restarted my router and now my pc is restarting XD I ran EAC repair and checked files

glad to see I'm not the only one who can't play

(Edit, almost an hour of clicking this error in hopes it would let me queue up, i just want to play, man ;-; ... )

Post edited by Wampirita on
  • Atoxr
    Atoxr Member Posts: 5
    Options

it's been the same for me since like 1 pm no point in putting in a support ticket better chance of seeing god than getting a response from support

• Wampirita
    Options

Well, at least if more people appear with this problem, you can be sure the problem isn't on our side.

I'm just bummed about rank reset tomorrow, wanted to get some ranks before it

• bestWWneverlose
    bestWWneverlose Member Posts: 7
    Options

yeah, also still not working for me :/ just would like to play the game c:

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,217
    Options

When you have an issue like this, it's usually a good idea to tell on what continent you play, on what platform and, if on PC, what operating system.

That way if others have the issue, common factors may be found.

• Synexin
    Synexin Member Posts: 8
    Options

Yes I have the same problem. I played several games with no problem this evening and then around 11pm EST I spontaneously got the "connection with host could not be established" error and I get it every single time I hit the ready button. Killer, survivor, crossplay on, crossplay off, etc. I've restarted my game, restarted Steam, restarted my router, restarted my computer, even reinstalled the game entirely multiple times. No dice. I posted it in the tech support subforum too.

• bestWWneverlose
    bestWWneverlose Member Posts: 7
    Options

Windows 10, playing on steam, and from Austria (its still not working, still showing same Error)

• drsoontm
    Options

I'm on the same servers, I'll be able to try in 1.5 hours.

• Atoxr
    Options

windows 10, steam, from America. I'm pretty sure it's a pc thing because my girlfriend can play on Xbox just fine.

• Wampirita
    Options

there's been an answer on some of discussion under the same topic, You have to send the support, cuz they can't help us on forums and it may be an account issue

• drsoontm
    Options

So, we are in the same region and I've just tried on Steam with with a similar OS. No problem connecting.

• Atoxr
    Options

well it works again but don't exactly know what was causing the issue but i just hope it doesn't happen again

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,541
    Options

There was a small hiccup I'm afraid, those that were affected should now be able to get into matches normally.