The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

legion will be nerfed 100%

Comments

• Tiufal
    Tiufal Member Posts: 1,252

Is quite hilarious to see killer players complaining about something which they dont even understand in first place. NOBODY is complaining that Legion is OP, too strong or whatever. Its the same issue as before: playing mending simulator is totally annoying and just a waste of time. You can basically play two or three matches against proper killers or playing a single match vs Legion.

• HectorBrando
    HectorBrando Member Posts: 3,167
    edited May 2022

Sadly I think most do actually understand it but we have reached a point of galvanization where a lot of people think "annoying to hell the other side is the way to go", I hope you are right and its just people not really understanding the underlying problem of a lot things in DBD because thats way better than just pure childish pettiness.

A lot of valid complains go like this "This sucks" "Oh well, you are not entitled to a gaming experience that doesnt suck so deal with it!".

• Impailer
    Impailer Member Posts: 97

I am a killer main that despises everything about Legion, but just because I do doesn’t mean they should get nerfed. A bunch of complaining survivors disconnecting or dying on 1st hook, with the “this isn’t fun”mindset. Well, I’ll tell you what isn’t fun Dead Hard, Iron Will and CoH every game. Still I don’t rage and dc. So with that I would say grow TF up and stop trying to get the devs to cater to your role(SM) by trying to prioritize that only YOUR fun matters.

• Tiufal
    Tiufal Member Posts: 1,252
    edited May 2022

You dont understand it. Deathlinger was a lose-lose-situation for survivors. That why he got changed.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

when I hear complaining about legion being boring what I really hear is I can't get all gens done in 4 min bully this killer he not fun.

• Viskod
    Viskod Member Posts: 854

They can't just sit on generators anymore and ignore Legions power. It's not fair.

• WheresTheGate
    WheresTheGate Member Posts: 575

I had quit playing this game a few months back because I had completely burned out. I decided to try it again recently to see if I was able to enjoy myself after a break. I'm probably about to quit again because as a survivor main matches against this version of Legion are simply miserable and I am getting lots and lots of matches against him. I get that the reason for that is not that Legion is OP, but that most survivors simply aren't playing with the proper strategy against him.

It wouldn't even be so bad if it matches against him were quick when survivors played with poor strategy. Unfortunately that isn't the case. Due to Legions mechanics playing with poor strategy against him makes the match not only miserable, but prolonged misery. It's unfortunate, but the strategy to use against him is almost counter intuitive to the strategy against most other killers and I can see how that would seem overpowered to someone that isn't aware of it.

In my opinion this type of thing is going to be the biggest issue BHVR has going forward. When you look at the fact this game is up to almost 30 survivors and almost 30 killers the amount of perks and powers alone can be overwhelming for casual players. Factor in the exponentially larger amount of variables that comes from the possible combinations of those perks and powers and the strategy for this game is far from casual. It requires not only far more playing time than most casual players have, but it requires research to understand. Casual players aren't going to do that. So simply put.... casual players are going to see anything that isn't straightforward and easy to understand as overpowered. To be fair for them those things likely are overpowered.

I think that does mean Legion is likely to get nerfed. I won't even say that is completely fair. At the same time I don't know if this game (or any) can survive without the casual players, and BHVR has created a behemoth at this point that is not user friendly to the casual player.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

why are people complaining about long games?

I get short game because the gens get done to fast.

• Shaped
    Shaped Member Posts: 5,869

Should we let impulsive people dictate balance then like usual as well? Look how far we got because people who don't even play both sides, learn counterplay or have any patience scream about everything.

I guess so.

• TotemSeeker91
    TotemSeeker91 Member Posts: 2,358

Yeah that's the problem, I don't want you in my match period, because I don't need someone throwing my trials

• Shaped
    Shaped Member Posts: 5,869
    edited May 2022

I played solo q since 2018 and played against legion plenty since their release. I also have a lot more hours on surv than killer.

Am I still a killer main because I don't want legion butchered right after they got better a bit?

I also never had problem with any killer even the old legion to the point I wanted them nerfed. Not even spirit.

I think people are projecting when they think you only want your side to dominate because that is your way of thinking. If that is what you were going with "never played against legion".

• jinx3d
    jinx3d Member Posts: 519

he really doesnt need the nerf, if people split up and dont mend until hes out of frenzy as soon as they know its legion its nearly impossible to get more than one frenzy hit, even with the pills/mural combo. just play better, dont try and loop him, and especially dont run towards him

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455
    edited May 2022

Old Legion where the same, just annoying to go against. It's not that Legion is OP in any way now, it's just so much more Legion players.

• Yatol
    Yatol Member Posts: 1,955

bah this happened to me a lot before the rework, especially when the dc penalty is off. No balance change will change that

• Kurri
    Kurri Member Posts: 1,599

When I face Legion; "Guys please stop grouping up" "Omg why are you letting them get their 4th hit, body block, split up, stun them, do something other than letting them chase the 4th target" "Why are you all healing each other, instead of prioritizing gens?"

When I play Legion;

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773

The problem is that addon combo. That is gonna get nerfed.

There's little room for mistake on the survivors side when against this

• Sluzzy
    Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130

The real question is, will Legion get the Circle of Healing/Boil Over treatment?

Or will years of stats be required?

• Munqaxus
    Munqaxus Member Posts: 2,752

Just like Killers. Remember CoH, 3 nerfs and counting! DS, nerfed. Boil Over, nerfed. DH, devs already talking about nerfing it by popular demand.

• Puddles
    Puddles Member Posts: 95

legion will be nerfed 100%

yes please.

• skylerbound
    skylerbound Member Posts: 753

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills with people coming for Legion's semi healthy add ons. Julie's and the legion pin in another post. You explain why Julie's isn't bad at all and with Legion pin, it encourages survivors not to heal and do gens(which they should be doing anyway)

• Sumnox
    Sumnox Member Posts: 605

Oh my god!!! in the name of Something!!11!1111111122345567

Hyperbole and exaggerations aside:

1. Their power was never meant to be lethal, and it can't be ignored. It gets you first hit in super quickly, and the second hit is generally a lot easier. Especially if you know when to snap out of feral frenzy.
    2. Fatigue was longer, and it still gave you plenty of time to normally m1.
    3. Cooldown wasn't atrocious, especially with addons. Same with duration.
    4. Addons were pretty good actually. Now they're even more.
    5. Base feral frenzy speed was enough to cover going from one side to the map to the other, and that's without addons.

They, in the name of Something, were a very solid B tier. Now you just see them everywhere because he's cheesy as hell, which to be fair makes for -really- boring and tedious matches, which I suppose is one of the many reasons why many people DC/stopped playing lately.

Anyway, let me add more over-the-top pointless reactions to give it the extra drama it apparently needs.

In the name of Jesus, how can you write the things you write1111???????????!!!!

There.

• MrPenguin
    MrPenguin Member Posts: 2,425
    edited May 2022

Hard disagree, Legion was in contention for the worst killer in the game. But you haven't listened to anyone else so idk what else to tell you.

To me it sounds like you were just stuck in low MMR, as the only place Legion was "strong" is the same place other bad killers were, against bad survivors.

• Sumnox

Winning most games =/ Stuck in low MMR.

I don't think you understand how MMR works. I'll explain it to you. It goes by surviving as a survivor (minus hatch), and killing as killer (minus hatch). That defines how high or low your MMR is. Sadly, we don't have any objective website or tool to know how high our MMR is. I can just give some of my game info to indicate I'm not exactly new. Though of course that doesn't mean you're necessarily good or know how the game works (you for example, didn't know how MMR works until now that I explained it to you).

In any event: https://dbd-stats.net/profile/76561198004130647

• Kaitsja
    Kaitsja Member Posts: 1,833

Mending once here and there is fine. Mending the entire trial is, obviously, not fine.

With Legion's Frenzy, it's a constant cycle of mending.

• MrPenguin
    edited May 2022

I knew how MMR worked you condescending doughnut. If you're winning with a weak killer the survivors aren't good or you're below the skill level you're supposed to be in.

• Sumnox

That... doesn't answer 80% of all I wrote, so I'll just assume you're out of arguments.

At least you learnt something today. Have a nice afternoon though.

• MrPenguin
    edited May 2022

You just explained, poorly, how MMR works when I already knew how it worked on the assumption I didn't, there was nothing to answer.

No one is agreeing with you and there's multiple sources all over that say how weak Legion was, the one who doesn't know what they're talking about is you bud.

• Carth
    Carth Member Posts: 1,182
    edited May 2022

As you said, it's already far too late for that. Perks being band aid fixes to issues with the base game means there's not really a way to solve it. If there was a perk that said "press E at any point in time to end the trial". Yeah, every perk added to the game after that will probably pale by comparison.

• Sumnox

Actually, if you read the thread, there's multiple people agreeing with me, saying similar or the same things with different words. I counted 4 after a quick look.

Let's also analyse this situation: If there is just 1 person who agrees with me, then your argument that "nobody agrees with you" is invalid. If nobody equals less than 1, it only takes 1 person agreeing with me to invalidate your statement.

There are two things you learnt today, after all.

You can assume all you want, based on nothing. I bothered to give you some objective proof I'm not new (I can't show you my MMR because nobody can, we don't have access to it). I provided you with all the facts I can provide you with, that's as far as I can go. Other than that, it was nice talking to you.

• MrPenguin
    edited May 2022

As in directly in the exchange that you're in.

All we learned is you don't know what you're talking about, you're inexperienced enough Legion is still good in your skill bracket, or you're in low MMR still for whatever reason.

Imo you're not listening to anyone because you're ego is in the way of you seeing anyone else's input.

Post edited by MrPenguin on
  • MrPenguin
    edited May 2022

also your "proof" says you have 0h playtime and are ash and bronze, so you don't play a lot going by that. Like I've been saying, it sounds and looks like you're playing against low skill players.

Which is fine, there's going to be people in the lower brackets and you happen to be one of them.

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,492

Killer mains want to dominate and don't want survivors having a chance. But legion buff was needed he was weakest killer on the game. I dominate most of my games as killer and get 3-4K and usually let last guy escape. When I lose it's because I made mistakes. Good sfw are not that common what some say and then it's only real challenge to win and still at least half the time I 4K agains't them. SoloQ is usually automatic win for killer is he is decent.

• Sumnox

I can see you, on top of all the other basic concepts you don't know, are not aware of the very simple reason it says 0h 0h, despite all the info under it. It's okay. I explained all of the other information to you, and I will explain this to you as well.

When in your profile, you select "keep my total playtime private despite public profile", the tracker can't track your total playtime. So it says all of the info about the matches played, sacrifices, bloodpoints, escapes... but it will keep the total playtime untracked. In my effort to continue providing you with objective facts, instead of baseless claims like you like using, I will provide you with my profile as well so you can see the absurd amount of hours I have (way too many I admit). I will uncheck the box to make my total playtime public just for you.

Here is the link: https://steamcommunity.com/id/Sumnox/

Because you didn't know so many basic concepts before, I'm afraid you will not know how to find my profile through the link. Here's a quick guide in case directly clicking on it doesn't work for you:

1. Launch your search engine of choice or a tab if it's already open
    2. Go to your search bar (at the top of your screen display)
    3. Having copy/pasted the link (click, drag, cover the whole url, left click, select copy)
    4. In your search bar: left click, select paste, then press the intro key.

This will show you my profile, and my total playtime.

Any further information you want, I can provide you until I get bored.

• Sumnox

I agree on everything, but on the fact Legion needed a buff. I don't think he did, for the reasons I already argumented before. I do agree with you on the rest, though!

• MrPenguin
    edited May 2022

I don't use that website, I have no reason to know how it works when making a profile. You're still ash and bronze though.

You're still assuming what other people do and don't know and not listening to anyone else input.

The only "basic concept" you introduced relevant to the game was MMR, which I already understood. Not "so many" when it's literally none. For someone who critiqued hyperbole earlier, you sure do use it a lot.

• Kaitsja
    Kaitsja Member Posts: 1,833

Legion isn't OP. Legion is still very mediocre in terms of power. That being said, Legion is boring to play against. Not because survs want to just sit on gens and ignore Frenzy, but because constantly having to mend, and then heal because just about every Legion main runs Thanataphobia, is boring.

To put it simply, it does not spark joy.

• MrsGhostface
    MrsGhostface Member Posts: 987

I’m expecting a nerf. I 4k pretty much every match, with the exception of hatch. Legion is very fun and easy to play, but very annoying to play against

• Faust1519
    Faust1519 Member Posts: 4

I don't know who you playing against but since all changes I haven't seen anyone dc against my Legion. They're not that different to play against as before the changes. Just survivors are used to ignore their power as non lethal. If the survs play is smart it's not easy to chain 5 hits. I think they're in the right spot now to play as and to play against - at least now there is some variety of killers I face. Also, I might be in minority of survivors but I prefer my games to last more than 5 minutes, it's it a speed contest who will be fastest.

• Mdawgu
    Mdawgu Member Posts: 408