Survivors suiciding is getting rampant

2»

Comments

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

Remember how they changed the spamming space bar struggle phase to skill checks?

They could see themselves forced to completely remove that. So you just can´t suicide.

• Tsulan

Just earlier a match against Huntress. Has NOED 1 hooked, 1 downed (crawling away from the hook), 1 survivor instantly leaving. I still managed to find and cleanse NOED to get 1 of them out. If the other wouldn´t have left, we could have gotten a 4 man escape.

Did it ever cross your mind, that the devs could use a algorithm to sort out people that often dc/suicide/afk and match them against each other? So they could enjoy their playstyle and see how it feels, when others do it too.

• TheSubstitute
    TheSubstitute Member Posts: 2,436

I'll do it if three conditions are met:

(A) The killer is not, and I repeat not, camping the hook. If the killer is camping the hook I'll stick around as long as possible to buy more time for gens; and

(B) Ruin is not in play and nobody has even started running towards me by the time I've hit second stage; and

(C) Nobody is busy trying to revive a slugged survivor or save another person on hook.

I understand if Ruin is in play I might have to two stage on the first hook to get a gen done. However, if the killer is nowhere near me, there is no Ruin, and, at most, one person is being chased while the other two are trying to do gens I've been left to one hook. I'd rather just get it over with and move on.

If the person who is being chased is trying to make it to me then I'll stick around but if it's just a killer found them hiding in a corner or chased them off a gen then, yeah, I'm done. Might as well get to the next game since the struggle BP for one hooking doesn't make it worth it.

• Puddles
    Puddles Member Posts: 95
    edited May 2022

That's how they do in Dota2 I believe.

It's called Low Priority Queue, once there, you need to play a specific number of matches and win to get back to regular queue.

Playing a match and losing doesn't count in your progress back to regular queue.

• Norhc
    Norhc Member Posts: 575

I do. They could just got afk for a minute and not penalize their teammates.

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,219

The moment the killers starts camping and tunneling hard i actually stop caring about the game, so sometimes i just give up. No need of playing a game i dont enjoy. IF the rest of survivors would be efficent enough to punish this, it would be ok. but in solo queue, mostly they aren´t.

So, lets make the games boring for the killer as well. also, he rises to the ranks where he faces swf more often, and i think they deserve that.

• deKlaw_04
    deKlaw_04 Member Posts: 3,660

What exactly does the player on the hook get from that? A pat on the back?

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077

...Getting?

I'm taking a short hiatus right now to work on some other important IRL tasks - but I saw plenty of this before.

It's generally someone who:

• Is frustrated and wants to end the game as soon as possible, to get to a better game.
    • Is salty that they got downed first, or made a mistake.
    • Is attempting to smurf their MMR down for easier matches.
  • Tsulan
  • Puddles
    Puddles Member Posts: 95
    edited May 2022

I don't think it works completely in DBD, as killers play solo, so being in low priority queue would not achieve its result (at least for killers).

What I think they should do is to create two different matchmaking.

The current one, MMR based.

And a new one, just location based, for 'casual gameplay".

• Munqaxus
    Munqaxus Member Posts: 2,752

It's because survivors aren't having fun. It's the exact same reason Killers afk in the corner. It's not rocket science.

• Mileena_Kahn
    Mileena_Kahn Member Posts: 600

You shouldn’t be punished for leaving a match you don’t want to be in. With suiciding/dcing you’re already losing points and a pip, and since BHVR made DC penalties a thing, the only other way to leave without a ban is suiciding on hook.

• Tsulan

The last questionaire has hinted on a casual mode. Which could fix some thing. Lets see if the suicides go down.

• DrDeepwound
    DrDeepwound Member Posts: 2,557
    edited May 2022

Survivors DC/give up/die on first hook quite often.

Anyone who plays killer aggressively and effectively gets them every day. Yesterday had one DC after I downed them after a unsafe unhook right in my face... instant DC I was not camping I has just hooked someone and have it on video.

Survivors basically consider DCing and hook suiciding as some form of getting back at the killer, not even considering how it leaves their team to die usually.

• Tsulan

They can always switch roles or play something else. Anything is better than ruining the game for everyone else.

• Tsulan

Why not? Someone who disconnects/suicides/afk ruins the match for everyone else.

Would you enjoy your matches if in 4 out of 5 matches someone disconnects/suicides/afk?

• Tiufal
    Tiufal Member Posts: 1,252

Some people are just whiny and DC just because they got hit first or they dont like the killer. other reasons to DC are basically the totally flawed gameplay that makes playing the game as survivor nearly impossible. Its not fun to see someone getting tunneled or camped every game or seeing two or three slugs, just because its the easy way for killers that dont want to need some skill. Or having to play against the same braindead OP builds, because its the easy way for killers with no skill needed.

• HectorBrando
    HectorBrando Member Posts: 3,167

Low priority/rotten apples queue on DBD already exists, its called Solo.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,970

sorry fam but dead dawg saloon is a suicide from me

or in the event my teammates are trolling and not actually playing the game

• Ameridan
    Ameridan Member Posts: 5

My friend would always DC in a match, which always upset me, but there was nothing stopping him from doing so. When the DC Penalty got introduced, I've been trying to persuade him into just killing himself on the hook, to one, buy the survivors the all the time they can get, as well as, keeping himself and myself from having to wait out the timer he puts on us because he doesn't want to play that match anymore. The final point that I've always made before the penalty was even introduced in DC-ing does nothing but hurt you. You wait all that time and for what, just to leave the match prematurely and gain nothing from doing so? It would better, in my opinion, to ######### on the hook than to DC because you keep your BP from staying in the trial.

Those are my thoughts on the matter.

• WheresTheGate
    WheresTheGate Member Posts: 575

Survivor main here. I will suicide on first hook, and the reason is always the same. Ridiculous teammates. Just a couple of examples:

1 - A team of survivors that immediately pull each other off hooks with the killer standing right there (even without BT)

2 - A survivor in the match that is obviously only there to sabotage the other survivors

I was just in a match a few minutes ago where the 3 other survivors all stayed in one corner of the map until they were all dead. They just kept pulling each other off hooks with the killer standing right there. In the time it took me to complete 2 generators they were all dead. I am getting paired up with more and more survivors that play in various modes of idiocy like this. If I get hooked while playing with these types I will suicide on hook. I see zero point in sticking around for survivors that want to play clueless.

• dictep
    dictep Member Posts: 1,333

I only suicide if I see a facecamper or tunneler. I run towards him and let him hook me. He wants an easy game and I give him a 1vs2 survs a minute after the match starts

• Nun_So_Vile
    Nun_So_Vile Member Posts: 2,335
    edited May 2022

They do it because they're trolls who are trash at the game and need to pick up something else. Anyone on this post trying to justify why they suicide the first hook needs to get over their self-righteous need for explaining why they are a potato and just uninstall the game already. If I get you off the hook while you are trying to suicide and you just run to the killer it's an automatic report for trolling at this point.

• Leatherface1990
    Leatherface1990 Member Posts: 718
  • MrsGhostface
    MrsGhostface Member Posts: 987

You simply cannot force people to be in a game they no longer want to be in. Dc penalties were added, so this is the result.

• lauraa
    lauraa Member Posts: 3,195

Its burn out I suppose.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

Survivors kill themselves on hook because the match isn't going in their favor. They are too weak minded and self-centered to hold out to give other teammates a chance, even for just a few seconds.

• CluelessWanderer
    CluelessWanderer Member Posts: 939

I think most hook suicides happen in Solo Q.

Solo Q is terribly frustrating atm for a lot of people and there seems to be no relief in sight. They said the SBMM was going to fix everything for everyone, but it turned out to be absolute trash that encourages the very behaviours that make Solo Q awful; facecamping/tunneling Killers and selfish team mates. So Kills regardless of how you get them and escapes above all else = skilled in the eyes of BHVR and they're too narcissistic to admit they screwed up.

I only play maybe once or twice a week now. I used to play a lot more. I play Solo Q and I can honestly say for a lot of us we get to a burn out point (at least for the day). Last I played, I had 3 face-camping Bubbas in a row. Three. The type that just sit there and nod at you because their entire purpose isn't Blood points, isn't even playing the game, but to grief other players. On the third one yeah I certainly suicided on the hook because I am sick to the teeth of facing these infantile little jerks. I have a job, I have a mortgage, I'm caregiving for a parent with cancer. When I get a few hours to play a videogame, I'll be damned if I feed the psychopathy of some little arse waiting for his Mom to bring him his grilled cheese sandwich. I've been playing long enough that I know these matches in Solo Q are always disasterous. The Killer is rewarded for this behaviour 95% of the time, and usually gets an undeserved 4K. Unless we're running Kindred, Solos can't know about someone being face-amped until they're on top of the hook for the save. Or else, they all dive bomb the hook and all die (with or without Kindred).

In that rare occasion, that unicorn of a match where the other Solos actually figure out I'm being facecamped and diligently try to work on gens? I'll hold out as long as possible. But that is rare indeed. We're human, and we all can get fed up at times.

Now I DO get annoyed as well if a Solo team member d/c's just for being downed first. Or if someone hook suicides for no apparent reason (in these cases, hurt ego most likely), but I don't encounter that a lot. 99% of the time it's due to a player being face-camped and hard-tunneled. The fact is, most people don't want to play that "completely valid strategy" type of game over and over and over again. SWF's punish facecampers, Solo Q unfortunately has a very difficult time doing so. It gets stale, irritating, and ridiculous to wait for match after match only to load into the same crap.

If the Devs put a simple blood point bonus named "Hanging in There" or anything to make Solos commit to struggling to the bitter end it might get better. I find it ironic that whenever discussions in these forums come up about camping the hook, the general attitude is; "well you have to give Killers incentive to leave the hook! Reward them!". Meanwhile, if Solo Q is a miserable experience and you don't want to watch Ghost Face teabag you a breath away from your nose, "Punish them for wanting the hell out of dodge!".

They have to give Solo Q tools to help deal with a well known situation so most match don't end in a steaming pile of crap, or give them incentive to tough things out. Punishing hook suicide will only make people leave the game, or else never play unless they're SWFing. Which is something many Killers feel overwhelmed by (rightfully so).