The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Dead Hard demands an immediate solution, no more delays.

2»

Comments

• DEMONANCE
    DEMONANCE Member Posts: 800

you know very well they're not gonna disable a perk if it doesn't cause actual problems within the game. so my advice is to just suck it up till we get rid of that god forsaken perk.

• Bardon
    Bardon Member Posts: 1,004

I'd settle for them fixing the acknowledged bug where DH eats a killers power, such as Nemmy's tentacle not breaking a dropped pallet when a survivor uses DH at the pallet.

• kate_best_girl
    kate_best_girl Member Posts: 2,184

Haddonfield got killswitched just cause they were reworking it

• Megmain80
    Megmain80 Member Posts: 138

Why should the devs change a perk used by 4 people in the game to make your game easier? Why should 4 people get dumped on in favor of the 1?

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623

Why does it matter what a bad Survivor does with DH? We shouldn't balance the game around players that just got the game

• KateMain86
    KateMain86 Member Posts: 2,374

I used dead hard once for a survivor challenge. Other than that I can't recall the last time I used it after I dropped it a year ago. I think the perk works when it works and it works when you use it right. Dead hard has screwed me over more times than it has helped.

• jajay119
    jajay119 Member Posts: 972

They'll find something else in the constant race to realise their expectation of a 4k for every match. They always have, always will.

Funny how a lot of advice in this thread such as 'anticipate it', 'adapt to it' and essentially 'git gud' are causing such umbridge yet they're the go to comments when the situation is flipped.

Dead hard doesn't need a nerf. What does need to happen is examining the reasons why DH, and by extension Borrowed Time, both of which give you the fabled 'third health state', are being used more now than before....and we all know why that is. Change in attitude needs to happen on both sides but that won't happen because "camping and tunnelling is a valid and developer approved tactic"... well so is using DH to avoid that when you perceive it to be happening to you.

This is the real situation that needs addressing. It's bigger than one or two perks.

• ThanksForDaily
    ThanksForDaily Member Posts: 1,304
    edited May 2022

Dead Hard living rent free on killer mains heads.

Pretty sure they're gonna nerf it just for you. No more delays. 🙄

• RakimSockem
    RakimSockem Member Posts: 1,982

It's still mid-good. No where near broken.

And it's def not in every match and every survivor doesn't use it (me being one of the people who has only ever used it to get David's adept or for a tome challenge). A graph above shows that at most, 3 out of 4 survivors use it but the same can be said about a LOT of perks in the meta, hence why they are considered meta

• MrPeanutbutter
    MrPeanutbutter Member Posts: 1,586

BHVR won’t do anything about it unless enough killers stop playing the game. If you really want things to change, that’s the only way to force it to happen.

• Canas
    Canas Member Posts: 1,021

This is bordering on unplayable, it's just rampant DH abuse in every single game. Fearmonger's real value is very minimal as well, all I can do is try to score instadowns while they're healthy but afterwards it gets extremely hard to get ANYTHING done. While they're injured, survivors can simply cheat you out of your deserved down. This constant perk abuse makes playing "fair" pretty much impossible. You NEED to camp or else you will get no kills.

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,492

So you're saying average survivor is bad? Even good survivors miss their dh occasionally. So you want it to be balanced around those who has played 2000+ hours? Even lot of those survivors are still pretty average or some even bad...

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623

Yes, I'm saying the game should be balanced around the Survivors that can reliably press a single button and not run into a wall

• Canas

Aaand this is what happens if there's only a single DH user in the game.

There simply can be no middleground in this game, it's stomp or be stomped. To be fair, I only went for healthy survivors out of fear of encountering DH in the first place and it luckily worked out for me. Since Fearmonger was pretty much worthless I went with NOED as a backup-plan, didn't need it this time however.

• Sluzzy
    Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130

You'll have to be patient.

To actually save their game from spiraling out of control, survivors could not possibly be nerfed any more. An overhaul of oppressive killer perks have got to be nerfed before touching dead hard.

If you think dead hard has a chance against a sweaty killer stacking slowdown perks, I have no idea what to tell you.

• playhard
    playhard Member Posts: 279

this is so much explaining why dead hard not healthy for the game

• Canas

I bring an anniversary cake and these guys proceed to genrush like crazy. It took me 3 gens to get my first hook, in total I only was able to get 2 hooks before the final gen popped. One more down during endgame and the obvious SWF assault for the perfect 4 man escape + bodyblock squad + DH to exit gate. All of this while they had CoH up for most of the game in a remote location of the map devoid of any generators. This is unplayable. The only reason I even managed to score any bp was due to playing a killer who heavily rewards you for hitting his power.

Dead Hard is a plight which needs to be taken care of immediately.

• Bardon

Um, Dead Hard has been confirmed by the Devs to be actually broken right now. It's "eating" killer's power and they've clearly stated that is not how it's supposed to work.

Classic example: Nemmy using tentacle over a downed pallet to hit a survivor.

1. Nemmy swings tentacle.
    2. Survivor uses DH to escape. Survivor is not hit - working as intended.
    3. Pallet doesn't break. NOT working as intended.

There are multiple other similar cases like Victor jumping over a pallet/window etc.

So yeah, DH is definitely broken right now, ignoring the iframes & distance and anything else being discussed.

• RakimSockem
    RakimSockem Member Posts: 1,982

See in THOSE cases, yes it makes sense to say it's broken.

People usually use the word broken very loosely around here and are saying even just dead harding to a pallet is a broken mechanic and it isn't.

• Vetrathene
    Vetrathene Member Posts: 1,425

You can't bait it out if they are using it to get distance to a pallet or vault to extend the chase.

• Marcavecunc
    Marcavecunc Member Posts: 2,057

Is Dead Hard a powerful survivor perk? Sure

Is Dead Hard annoying to play against? Sure

Is Dead Hard impossible to play around? Nope, it's super easy to bait out, either wait a second longer, or look up to the sky, it sometimes works. If a survivor used it against you, just remember they have it for the remainder of the match.

Should Dead Hard get reworked? Sure, but as others pointed out, they're going to go through lots of perks this summer and Dead Hard will most likely be one of them.

Should Dead Hard get killswitched? No, it's working as intended, and since they fixed the server/client communication issues, I haven't had any fake Dead Hard hits that didn't register because of dedicated servers.

• supersonic853
    supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,498
    edited May 2022

Oh yes i love being the big bad killer and waiting behind a survivor for 2-3 seconds every chase because it has a pickrate of 75%. Makes me feel so scary. Also again. Dh for distance classic counter to the "wait it out 4head". "Yeah daddy your such a scary killer! Kill em he's right infront of you!"

"Not yet little timmy because see there's a perk in this game where if i don't wait every chase for 2-3 seconds he could get away for free".

I love that example. Don't think the perk should be killswitched. Just saying its the epitome of stupid design.

• Marcavecunc
    Marcavecunc Member Posts: 2,057

Well, I prefer waiting 2-3 seconds for them to dead hard for no reason and then downing them for it, than swinging at nothing, and them gaining even more distance while my killer recovers from the missed swing.

And you'll notice that I said it should get reworked, but it doesn't deserve being killswitched, it works as intended even if the intended way is annoying to play against.

• dictep
    dictep Member Posts: 1,333

If dh is a third heal state and killer kills are over 50%, if they nerf dh they would need to nerf every killer in this game

• Bardon

I disagree on one point, given that DH isn't working as intended (see my post earlier this page) I think it should be killswitched until they resolve the current, acknowledged bugs.