What do you guys think of a Scooby-Doo License chapter?!

Options
bittercranberry
bittercranberry Member Posts: 454
edited May 2022 in Lore

I'm here to state I'm not a Scooby Doo fan but always felt Fred, Velma, Shaggy & Daphne would fit perfectly in this game! It'd be so much fun and the memes would be endless. How would you guys feel about it?

What do you guys think of a Scooby-Doo License chapter?! 46 votes

I'd love this chapter in DBD
50%
M4dBoOmrgneheheMat_Sellaanarchy753WylrinEmealFilthyLegionMainSakurraLaffleInferno427Jay_WhyaskIlliterateGenocideBrokenbonesdjez21PumpkinbrosSmoevanGlasse1JonathanByersThe_first_ghostBigFatAl 23 votes
Don't care. 50/50
8%
OnryosTapeRentalsdugmanGRIG0IndigoWendigo 4 votes
Doesn't fit this game
34%
Dito175TMCalypsoKaijuMooseValikAdvorsusSnowstruckMapersonQwQwchatgiraffeRandomJoJoguy147RodDeWittGryzelda[Deleted User]DredgenWar237LekitzulHOMOGRIMOIRE 16 votes
not imposed to the idea
6%
GruoIsJustMeBran 3 votes
Post edited by bittercranberry on

Comments

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,523
    Options

I think a Moderator ought to move this one into Feedback/suggestions, but...

I'm certain the Scooby Doo Licence Holder would like to do some spinoff Chapter with BHVR to appeal to an older demographic.

I would want Shaggy with a Dog AI to follow him around, also jump into his arms when running.

• IlliterateGenocide
    IlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 5,990
    Options

If they do, the best they could do for scooby is give him as a skin for Dwight.

Shaggy and Velma as characters and Fred and Daphne as legendries

• bittercranberry
    Options

I know the people in their early 20's would love this! LOL especially myself. And that's a great idea! I left Scoob out because I have no idea how to implement him..

• bittercranberry
    Options
  • GRIG0
    GRIG0 Member Posts: 265
    Options
    Don't care. 50/50

I like Scooby, but i think it should be something like "Attack on titan", outfits and not a full chapter (Scooby wouldnt be playable and hooking/moring the gang would feel weird lol since that license is not that gore)

• DredgenWar237
    DredgenWar237 Member Posts: 85
    Options
    Doesn't fit this game

As a huge Scooby-Doo fan...I really don't want that. Forsakes what little of the grimdark, depressing tone is left too much for me.

• bittercranberry
    Options

I could see it happen this way but I heard the new show with Velma is going to be more gore and aimed at an older audience so maybe???

I get what you're saying but hear me out but some of the Licenses don't make sense either if we're thinking lore due to it having survivors well known for fighting back.

Ash - "Shoot first ask questions later" but DBD makes him a whimp and run away from killer???

RE & Silent Hill - Where's the guns and the characters also don't run away from their threats but confront them head on.

Bill - he took an absolute army by himself??

I just think DBD could fit it in the game but yeah I see how it could ruin the atmosphere for some.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,714
    Options
    Don't care. 50/50

I'm not all that invested in Scooby Doo personally, but I can understand some people would be excited to have the Gang as survivors. I can't really see a Scooby Doo "killer" being in the game. (What would that even be, a serial killer who was running a real estate scam on an amusement park?)

• Wylrin
    Wylrin Member Posts: 98
    Options

It's been so long since I've watched Scooby-Doo, so there are probably more infamous costumed antagonists who would be better suited that I'm just not thinking of. But just the mental image of the Mummy chasing a survivor going, "Coin, coin!" is enough to make me absolutely adore this idea.

• bittercranberry
    Options
  • Pumpkinbros
    Pumpkinbros Member Posts: 424
    edited May 2022
    Options

BHVR's first-ever game I believe was a ds port OF a scooby game, no joke, the team loves scooby doo. But as much as they would like to see scooby doo come to dbd, Scooby-Doo does not. I believe the status was, scooby doo wants to maintain a child-friendly image, and you have to think about things like moris, would they want their beloved characters being gutted by hag or shot through the throat by deathslinger? I would personally, but other companies see it differently

Here are the two scooby games BHVR worked on

And if you're looking for the BHVR logo on that art it's that little swirly white thing, because BHVR was formerly named "Artificial Mind & Movement"

• Lekitzul
    Lekitzul Member Posts: 495
    Options
    Doesn't fit this game

It would be funny as hell, but honestly the game is supposed to be dark. People are hanging off hooks stabbed through their chest/shoulder. I doubt Scooby would fit the motif, as funny as that is to think about.

• Sakurra
    Sakurra Member Posts: 1,046
    Options

I would love to see Kate as Daphne.

• Advorsus
    Advorsus Member Posts: 1,033
    Options
    Doesn't fit this game

Yeah I don't really think it fits within DBD and would only kill any atmosphere it has left and turn it into a joke game.

However I could definitely see Scooby Doo themed skins. Maybe Felix with the white shirt, blue pants and orange ascot.

Zerina could definitely get a Velma outfit.

Dwight could get the green shirt, brown pants, and shaggy hair. Mixed with the nail biting I feel it's quite fitting.

And then Kate could get a Daphne skin.

• BigFatAl
    BigFatAl Member Posts: 43
    Options

The crew that occupies the Mystery Machine invented looping or at least popularized in dark humor. I can see the Nurse cutting them off.

• Valik
    Valik Member Posts: 1,274
    Options
    Doesn't fit this game

While hilarious in concept - the Scooby Do franchise is a property revolving around comic relief and childish antics with a very subtle tinge of traditional 'spookiness'. All in all, it is made to dispel ideas of fear and superstition and inculcate values of bravery and reasoning.

It makes for an extremely poor fit for a universe of literal serial killers and monstrous beings that feast on the blood, hopes, and fears of its prey.

Not only would this be a catastrophic collision of tone for the developers, but I do not think the property holders would appreciate seeing their beloved creations being cut to ribbons by chainsaws and hung on meat hooks - or twisted into abominable murder machines that relentlessly massacre their fellow man.

It's a prism that looks bad no matter what way you try to look through it.

• RandomJoJoguy147
    RandomJoJoguy147 Member Posts: 8
    Options
    Doesn't fit this game

Even though it would be funny to see Scooby Doo characters in dbd. I feel like it won’t fit in due to the sole purpose it’s attended to be a child friendly franchise.

And sure there are time in which the Scooby franchise has been included into dark crossovers such as the supernatural crossover episode or having Scooby characters being corrupted in the learning with Pibby video. And have been into dark series like that one comic series or with dark shows and films like mystery incorporated and zombie island.

but I feel like they’re minor exceptions and I don’t see the owners of the franchise would be pleased in seeing beloved characters like shaggy, Velma, Daphne, Fred being hooked, brutally stabbed, being eaten by monster, cut in half or getting sacrificed to a other worldly horror.

I could possibly see them getting the crypt tv and attack on Titans treatment in which we could see the original survivors and killers having costumes based off of Scooby Doo characters or possibly having a charm in the game. But I don’t see Scooby Doo fitting nor coming in as a chapter on dbd.