Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

With The meta being shifted. Nurse Nerf When?

IlliterateGenocide
IlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 6,016
edited May 2022 in General Discussions

When perks like deadhead are nerfed, and such.

Will nurse finally get nerfed, From my experience Dead Hard is REQUIRED against a good nurse.

And i think she holds back, map design and perk design.

She is very unhealthy

Also why did they buff her recently.... 3 blink nurse shouldn't be a thing

Post edited by IlliterateGenocide on

Comments

• IlliterateGenocide

She shouldn't of been added in the first place.

But when the game did a big change, I don't understand how they have kept her like this.

• lemonsway
    lemonsway Member Posts: 1,169

What Meta Shift? Do you honestly believe that a 6 year old game is gonna change it's Meta? Do you honestly think that DH, DS, Ruin, Pop, ect will ever stop being Meta? For that to happen they need to redo the whole core of the game from scratch. Change Map Balance ( size, number of loops, strength of the loops), change timmings for survivor interactions, change timmings for killer interactions, Change every individual killer (power, add-ons), readjust values for the objectives so that longer matches mean more than just rushing objectives. Change the ranking system to reflect the changes made in match objective progress. Change Grind. It's a whole new game at this point.

Changing DH won't mean DH is a new Perk it will mean DH has changed properties but it will still work to the same effect, therefore the value of the Perk remains. which is exactly what happened with Ruin, changed some properties but kept it's spirit intact. Ruin is a regression Perk, instead of making difficult skillchecks with associated regression it regresses gens faster when nobody is working on them. Same effect, Regression, via a different route, and it stayed in the Meta, while remaining a Hex Perk. So again do you honestly believe the Meta is changing?

• IlliterateGenocide
    edited May 2022

They said there Changing of 40 perks...

There also changing the grind like you said

And i think most people think Nurse while fun is very unhealthy

• lemonsway
    lemonsway Member Posts: 1,169

You missed the point...i'll try again.

Chaning Perks per se won't change the Meta. Ruin got changed but it's effect remained, still a Regression Perk so that means Ruin reamained a Meta Perk. Meaning Perk changes don't change the Meta and that's been the case for 6 years.

Changing 40 Perks won't change the Meta because those 40 Perks will keep the same original idea, they'll just change the way the idea is executed. Think of it as Phones, Big old brick phones with exterior antenas, then smaller phones, then flip phones, now iphones and androids, They all serve the same purpose, wireless global communication, just their visual design that changed for the most part. The technological advances made through the years make phones much better tools but their primary function is global wireless communication, that will never change, you will always want a phone to call someone. The same thing applies to Perks in DbD. DH and DS will always be second chance perks, they will always be useful therefore they will always be Meta and why? Because Second chances is a defense mechanism in DbD, the longer you can Survive the better your chances.

In order for them to change the Meta, aka not need those perks anymore, they need to change the core of the game to implement changes that eliminate the need for those Perks, therefore eliminating the Meta. As long as those core game changes aren't made then the necessity for the PErks will remain, keeping the same Perks and the same Meta.

• IlliterateGenocide
    edited May 2022

If you go against a Bad-Ok-Decent ur probably gonna struggle a little, but its doable.

But in solo queue if you go against A good-Great-God nurse, You have almost no chance, especially without meta perks

• KateDunson
    KateDunson Member Posts: 714
    edited May 2022

They have to do something about it, because if they just nerf bt ds dh and leave her the way she is, it wouldn't make any sense

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

As i said, she´s extremely rare. Other things should be addressed first.

• IlliterateGenocide
    edited May 2022

She is not extremely rare. she is the killer i see the most other then Nemmy and Legion

And of course other things should be addressed first.

But this needs to be Addressed Eventually. Soon

• dictep
    dictep Member Posts: 1,333
    edited May 2022

Only because you find a death squad swf in 1000 matches doesn’t make swf op

• IlliterateGenocide
    edited May 2022

As much as I disagree with what @Tsulan is saying. Com-Swf can be Very oppressive.

4 man com-swf can be oppressive

I don't think 2-3 is bad

• egg_
    egg_ Member Posts: 1,933

Her basekit is fine. I can only hope one day they will nerf her add-ons 🙏🏻

• syain
    syain Member Posts: 440

We don't even know what changes they're making to your E key yet. Hold on, I doubt they're gonna make the perk inviable. I'd be happy to accept nerfs to her add-ons, especially double recharge/range, but something done to her basekit would be ridiculous.

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623

Her base-kit is fine, her Add-Ons need nerfs

• egg_
    egg_ Member Posts: 1,933

I honestly was refering to range addons. 3 blinks nurse is strong but it's a ghost of what it was before and not an addon worth running considering the very long cooldown (even with green recharge). Very unhealthy for the 1v1 aspect, but overall not as broken as range imho

• FeelsBadMan
    FeelsBadMan Member Posts: 570

Watched a steamer do a 4 man SWF escape streak yesterday. I'll be honest, I didn't watch for long cause it was a more boring experience than watching grass grow but the matches I saw was them basically rolling every single killer except for a Nurse where they barely managed to do one gen before the match was over.

Now there is two things:

1.: if the only thing that can stop a basically competitive SWF team (they even used a mini map for basically every match where the gen positions with numbers were marked on so they could call out where everyone was at at all times...) is ONE single killer, there is something ridiculously wrong with your game.

2.: if this one killer can easily beat a comp team, how are solo queue survivor supposed to deal with this exact same killer?

Tbh there needs to be done more than 'nerf Nurse'. They need to completely rebalance the whole game. In a perfect balanced game soloq would be on the exact same level as SWF then ALL killers should get some basegame changes to make them stronger while also reworking Nurse completely.

• Lx_malice
    Lx_malice Member Posts: 1,417
    edited May 2022

What's your point? Slowdowns will also get shafted cause it's all most killer players run nowadays. Thus Nurse (along with everyone else) will be effectively nerfed.

And not to mention...

She's fine.

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

We can only hope. But knowing how the devs use kill rates for buffs/nerfs they probably won’t

• Bwsted
    Bwsted Member Posts: 3,452

Devs: did you say nerf Pig and buff Blight? Comin' right up!

I think there's a general sense of overestimation of what the upcoming changes will bring. They can't just rework the game balance from the ground up. They probably plan on a lot of small tweaks in a single pass, similar to that patch when McLean left. In the end, a lot of good, but nothing groundbreaking.

• Lx_malice
    Lx_malice Member Posts: 1,417

You are absolutely right. I think the overall goal is just to lower the current standard for meta perks which is a good thing. It's something I've been wanting for a while now.

• Dead_Harder
    Dead_Harder Member Posts: 1,370

Hopefully never, she is a ton of fun : )

• IlliterateGenocide

I agree she is fun to play, I play her a lot.

But i still think she is unhealthy

• IlliterateGenocide

Yes i agree, i would love every killer to be brought up to what we consider "A tier" and s tier killers brought to a.

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,707

I mean I already think she should be nerfed but once DH is nerfed even more so.

• Plsfix369
    Plsfix369 Member Posts: 566

Dude I'm currently maining a weaker killer called Deathslinger, he was once nerf just for being mid tier at best and anyone who plays him knows how hard and impractical his ability and basekit is, yet someone who is stronger at high mmr and nearly close to being OP shouldn't be nerfed?

We want justice here. The Nurse has been broken for the whole time it existed in DBD and never gets the proper nerf it deserves.

• Tsulan

2 bad doesn´t make a good. Just because Mendslinger has been nerfed into oblivion, doesn´t mean that other killers should have the same fate. The whole killer roster should be buffed, so that we don´t have 3 killers that are able to compete on high mmr.

• Kaitsja
    Kaitsja Member Posts: 1,833

Basekit Nurse is fine. Her add-ons could use a nerf.

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090

If you're only finding 1 god nurse every 1000 matches maybe you're low mmr.

• Tiufal
    Tiufal Member Posts: 1,252

Probably never, and with every update we just create Nurse 2.0 aka Blight. Devs are just complete noobs regarding balancing.

• Tsulan

Or your definition of god nurse varies from mine. I constantly face good nurses. Strong ones, that can get several downs before the first gen is completed. But none of them are god nurses.

The last god nurse i faced was somewhere around christmas. I still remember that match, because i really enjoy facing good nurses.

• Plsfix369
    Plsfix369 Member Posts: 566

I would have agreed if you were talking about Blight, because Blight is more fun and fair to play with and against, but The Nurse?

The Nurse is straight BAD and one of the worst killer designs in DBD, and the only redeeming factor that thing got was that it was only good when used by a select few individuals who barely count in the number of killer mains who actually play DBD for fun.

When you're up against someone who can't have fun, you're just practically beating the crap out of each other at that point.

It's practically The Dredge but on steroids and the most boring killer to play against.

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090

I play PC cross off on EU servers, nurses are very good here.

By that logic dead hard shouldnt be nerfed because most survivors are potatoes who use it and go against a wall.

• Tsulan

The nurse is a special case. She has the steepest learning curve and the highest skill ceiling. In every chart that the devs presented about kill rates, nurse is usually bottom tier. So nerfing her in any form would basically doom her.

My point is, that most survivors don´t take their time to learn how to play against a decent nurse and instantly dc or suicide, when they face a nurse. Which is a shame, because she breaks the mind numbing "running in circles" meta and replaces it with real mindgames.

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,951

Perk Meta is not the same as Killer Meta.

If you have concerns about Nurse, voice them so BHVR can work with them.

• Sepex
    Sepex Member Posts: 1,451

Nurse is fine. No buffs or nerfs needed.

• Tsulan

I also play EU, cross on. Yes, nurses are very good here. But by far, the amount of GOD nurses is really, really small.

Again, i do face good nurses, but i find GOD nurses maybe twice per year.

• GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992

Basekit Nurse is perfect, range add-ons just need to have a small downside to charge time and/or recharge speed. Also, any exhaustion perk, except Smash Hit in really good hands, is as viable against her as any other killer. Dead Hard just screws her the most.

• Ghoste
    Ghoste Member Posts: 2,135

BuT sHE hAs thE LOwESt kILl RaTe!!!1!1!