Question for SOLO-que survivors: You get to lobby 3 console players: STAY or LEAVE ?

Options
acharliet
acharliet Member Posts: 155

Question for SOLO-que survivors: You get to lobby 3 console players, Do you STAY or LEAVE lobby ?

I know, weird question, some console players r so excellent but many are not best teamates, lets say it like this. If we turn off crossplay I bet it ll take forever to find lobby. Many times i decided not to leave lobby and the game wasnt fun at all.

Anyway if you play just SOLO-QUE survivors. Whats your experience overall. For me sometimes fun and many times frustrating games. You can play against killer player with thousands of hours, but teamates have under 200 hours, well matchmaking.

When i do play killers against solo survivors its fun too, maybe sometimes easy, depends what survivors i m playing against. But cant say its fun to play against strong swf.

If DEVS planning some nerfs on Survivor side is the reason SWF players? Why they dont do something for Solo que survivors?

Comments

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623
    Options

I won't dodge, then we'll all be console Survivors

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090
    Options

I mostly play cross off so I dont really have console players in my lobby, but if I were to turn crossplay on again, knowing they were console alone wouldnt make me dodge. Default cosmetic characters + console? Yea I'd dodge.

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,076
    Options

What device you happen to play DBD on has zero bearing on how they actually play. I've had console players who were great teammates (I'm a console player, I'd GLADLY take three of me on my team). I've had PC players who were great teammates. I've had console players who are absolutely worthless. I've had PC players who are absolutely worthless.

Your main complaint in your post seems to be the SWF part so I have no idea why in the world you would try to throw console players under the bus here...

• Tsukah
    Tsukah Member Posts: 390
    Options

Leave, because they all run Self Care (a trash perk that wastes everyone's time)

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,081
    Options

I acknowledge the risks when I queue for solo. The only time I back out is when the lobby needs to backfill a survivor. Of course, sometimes *I am* the backfill and those matches are also tremendously unpleasant.

• Annso_x
    Annso_x Member Posts: 1,611
    Options

Stay. I never understood why people think console players suck. I mean they do, but not more than PC players lol.

• Impalpable
    Impalpable Member Posts: 152
    Options

I only really dodge as survivor when i see 3 people with the same character and cosmetic since theyre most likely either a 3 man swf who will leave you dying on hook or people who will troll ingame.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,179
    Options

Console players are not less skilled then PC players

I've seen god like Console players survivors and killers

and I seen bad PC players survivors and Killers.

what people play on doesn't show how skilled or unskilled someone is.

• TheSubstitute
    TheSubstitute Member Posts: 2,243
    Options

I stay. Some are amazing teammates; some aren't and I have no idea which is which until I play the trial.

• JaviiMii
    JaviiMii Member Posts: 286
    Options

Stay. Idk what platform someone plays on. I'm sometimes a bit sad if that means in post game chat that it's just silence --- but no reason to leave. It's soloQ. I don't have any expectations there. Better for my mental health. 😅

• NekoGamerX
    Options

dude I run it you know why? because I had times when I heal teammate you know what they do? they run away can't rely on anyone in solo.

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,545
    Options

this is certainly not about skill.

Killers on console are indubitably worse than PC killers. Why? Because of what hardware they control their character with.

Survivors are no different, its infinitely easier to look behind you and back forward while using a mouse, you can turn corners tighter and with more precision, 360's arent slow or easily telegraphed (trust me, i play killer too, i know what a console 360 looks like in comparison.)

The only aspect of survivor that isnt affected by being on console is working on a gen.

Oh, lets not forget about Pinhead and the multiple maps for a single button for survivor. Console survivors will constantly accidentally vault when they meant to perform another action, leading for an easy grab for Pinhead.

• Carrow
    Carrow Member Posts: 500
    Options

Lately, it feels like that console players will be slightly below my skill level and so will the killer so I can loop him and make up for an inefficient team. When my teammates are PC players, the killer tends to be super duper sweaty. Could absolutely be nothing but confirmation bias on my part though. Still, considering how bonkers the MMR is, I only dodge if I see 3 flashies because, nobody will touch gens besides me, so unless I'm memeing with a SoloQ sabo build, I'm out.

• bittercranberry
    bittercranberry Member Posts: 454
    edited May 2022
    Options

Looping is not that hard where you have to pan your camera constantly lol just understand distance and what you can get away with is all it is in looping. If you're relying on 360's to loop IDK WHAT TO TELL YOU, just use the tiles and have general map knowledge is all there is to it. Trying to pull a 360 = out of position or in an open area with no pallets

I will say Killer is easier on PC but as for the survivor aspect, meh not much difference. You either can loop or you can't.

The Pinhead same vault/ break chain is console's fault? Or the Devs not properly play testing and taking back feedback that console players have been saying since he released? You shouldn't have to change your controller input for one killer.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,624
    Options

Stay, I can't be ######### to dodge unless there's a known or suspected hacker

• DragonMasterDarren
    DragonMasterDarren Member Posts: 2,761
    Options

What platform someone plays on doesn't matter, so no, i don't dodge

I do, however, appreciate getting PC survivors more due to easier communication, you'd be surprised how helpful pre-game chat can be when doing tome challenges

• Mekochi
    Mekochi Member Posts: 942
    edited May 2022
    Options

console game, let's gooo!!

edit: also very spicy if the killer is console

• GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992
    Options

Experience tells me to dodge, indifference and impatience make me stay.

• NekoGamerX
    Options

I'm on ps4 yes I use Self Care you know why because if I'm hurt no one will heal you they mostly do gens

PC don't =skilled I had bad PC teammates

when comes to this game it not the killer you have to worry about it your teammates who get you killed.

• Kaitsja
    Kaitsja Member Posts: 1,707
    Options

Console player here. I'd take three of me in a heartbeat. Every platform has good and bad survivors. If you dodge based on platform, just turn crossplay off.

• NekoGamerX
    Options

ps4 player I'd take three of me in a heartbeat too.

I use no meta perks but I find a way to do 2 and half gen,3 totems at the least,get chased few times,and do safe unhook if I can if I can't I'll take a hit or trade hooks some my teammate can play too.

what platform you play on don't matter the player then self what matters.

• Kaitsja
    Kaitsja Member Posts: 1,707
    Options

I usually run BT, We'll Make It, Renewal and Overcome. I either manage to do 3 gens and get every rescue, or I manage to run the killer for 3 gens. I'll even trade to get a teammate out in EGC. I do whatever it takes to help my team.

• NekoGamerX
    Options

same but can't say the same for my teammates I saved people did gens totems when I finally get hooked I get left on hook to die.

I run spine chill SC and UE 4th is toss up DS BT sometime boil over most we going to live forever tho.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,093
    Options

How do you know they're console and not fellow PC player using Epic instead of Steam?

• steezo_de
    steezo_de Member Posts: 1,097
    Options

Usually play crossplay off but on the times I do have it on, of course I'll play... unless they have default cosmetics. That's when I'll assume MM is getting wonky, so I'll call it a night and play something else.

I don't care either way if a new tome is out because gameplay gets borked up anyway.

• Plsfix369
    Plsfix369 Member Posts: 566
    Options

In that instance, I'd much rather just play Trapper. Seriously, if I know I'm getting potato teammates or decent console players, I'd rather win as the Trapper. 

Because it's just gambling at that point and Trapper is all about betting on the odds.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,766
    Options

platform doesn't necessarily mean skill although us console players typically will be more new to the game? if you know what I mean

• RisingTron
    RisingTron Member Posts: 508
    Options

It's always funny to me when I'm playing a game as survivor and the first person to DC or give up on first hook is a PC player. I just kinda laugh and go "Ah, yes. These are clearly the superior gamers."

The way you can say "Some console survivors are excellent but many aren't great teammates" I could literally say the exact same for PC survivors. I think this whole PC players vs Console players argument needs to die because it's been proven wrong so many times.

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,077
    Options

I'll stay and hope I don't get spam with party invites.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,639
    Options

I always stay.

• Kalinikta
    Kalinikta Member Posts: 709
    Options

I would stay, as someone that solos as well... the platform of the other survivors doesn't mean that much it is always a coin flip. Then again, I ain't no pro survivor either.

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,199
    Options

Stay.

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611
    Options

I play both on PC and console, but I wouldn't dodge this lobby. You can get good or bad players from any platform.

• Zeon_99
    Zeon_99 Member Posts: 463
    Options

Absolutely I'm dodging that lobby. I turned off cross play a long time ago. I couldn't stand all the Urban Evasion and Self Care in corners.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,529
    Options

Classic PC player.

• LeviticusIk
    LeviticusIk Member Posts: 2
    Options

It goes both ways, when I’m playing with my mates and we get with a solo-que pc player I automatically think the worst because every pc player I get just throws the game or hides

• Viskod
    Viskod Member Posts: 854
    Options

I play on PC but I can't play Survivor with a Keyboard and Mouse, I have to use my PS5 controller. Its so much easier for me to swing the camera around and keep a perfect view on the killer in a chase using dual analogs.

Conversely, i absolutely cannot play killer with a controller, that role has to be keyboard and mouse. My heart goes out to killers that do because they play on console. Godspeed my bothers and sisters.

• darkcloudlink
    darkcloudlink Member Posts: 326
    Options

Why would a difference in platform make a player dodge a lobby? DBD is just as buggy for me on PC as it is on my Xbox. You can be just as skilled on console as you are on PC. There's no reason to leave when you see console players other than just being arrogant and or entitled.

• Thusly_Boned
    Thusly_Boned Member Posts: 2,808
    Options

I don't stay or dodge based on platform, because that's stupid. It's just another fallacious way to make things about someone else.

You're just as likely to get a PC potato as any other platform. Except maybe Switch players, those poor bastards.

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,988
    Options

I am one of the three console players. And yes, you should probably dodge if you know what is good for you.

• MrCalac123
    MrCalac123 Member Posts: 1,147
    Options

What advantage does KB+M have over Survivor besides maybe flashlights? Moonwalking?

Survivor feels VERY good on controller, anyone who complains about button binds such as with Pinhead's chains needs a reminder that you can change your button layout. I did it, and now I never accidentally do something I didn't mean to.

Anything else is just PC elitism, which is for losers.

• RenRen
    RenRen Member Posts: 1,443
    Options

Are people still going on about PC players being "better" than console?