How close are certain killers to the Entity?

Options
chatgiraffe
chatgiraffe Member Posts: 113

I made this list showing off how close each of the killers are to the Entity.

For some explanations:

The Dredge (not on the list yet) has a DIRECT LINK to the entity. I have a theory that the Dredge is just one of many boogeymen that the entity allows his cultists to summon in the world. They did mention the Dredge being very customizable, like your own monster. perhaps cults are able to shape the Dredge into various forms to suit their needs.

The Artist was connected to Crows her entire life, and the black ink that forms her hands seems very similar to the entities fog/claws. The description of the weapon says it was "folded out of reality"

Nurse: The entity gave her the power to float and teleport. if it ever took that away, she would basically be dead

Blight: The Entity supplies him with serum. and allows him to travel between realms at will to do science

Spirit: A Ghost, but unlike Sadako (explained later) she is unable to kill with the power of her hate. Also, she struck a deal with tne entity

ALL OF SLIGHTLY CLOSE: Their powers are gifts from the entity in some way.

AVERAGE: Their powers are normal. They don't connect or disconnect from the Entity in any meaningful way.

Huntress: Despite her very real power, the huntress has the perk "Beast of Prey" which allows her to disconnect from the Entity and remove her red stain while in bloodlust. Besides this she is not that disconnected from the entity.

Freddy: Pulls survivors into his own Realm, the Dream Realm, in which his powers are aplified. He was nerfed by the Entity, and probably doesn't like it that much.

Pinhead: Pinhead and the other Cenobite(s) follow the rules of the trails, but still serve the Leviathan above The Entity. They don't kill without permission, but when they do kill, they send the survivors to Hell instead of killing them in the trials.

Nemesis: While used to being used as a Weapon, Nemesis still has one goal: Chase S.T.A.R.S. He is probably so dedicated to this, that he would straight up kill any S.T.A.R.S. member he saw in a trial, though this is not reflected ingame

Shape: Shape is pure evil. Possibly even more evil than the entity. When empowered by parts of the Tombstone, he is able to straight up kill survivors, no hooks needed. Also, he was the first killer to ever Obsess over survivors, with all of his perks related to them.

Pyramid Head: Not only does Pyramid Head break the rules of the trial by bringing his own cages AND killing survivors without hooks, he is said to torment the Entity itself by cutting into the ground of the realms.

Sadako: Similar to Spirit, Sadako is a ghost brought in by The Entity. Unlike Spirit, Sadako did not make a deal with the Entity before her death, and her rage and hate is strong enough to kill survivors who watch her tapes.

If anyone has any questions or anything else to discuss, feel free

:D

Comments

• AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 2,985
    edited May 2022
    Options

Ghostface either would have a direct link or none at all, depending on your definition of linked. He and the Entity are practically best buds and agree with eachother. Ghostface is the only killer who's actually happy to be there, others either were tortured, forced (by the entity or other parties), there by accident, or just don't give a ######### (like the shape.) Ghostface and the Entity have the exact same goal.

Edit: also the fabric straps on his costume literally float because of his connection with the entity.

• chatgiraffe
    Options

my definition of linked is usually in terms of power and lore. Ghostface is just a sneaky boi, and the Entity lets him turn off his connection for a bit (though, with Wraith and other stealth killers, I imagine the Entity is aware of this severance, unlike Beast of Prey, Sadako, or T1 Myers.) And with the straps, I don't think floating clothing does that much to get him close to the Entity, in the same way Trappers metal hooks don't do much to seperate him from it.

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,044
    Options

Cool and I think pyramid head is there at his own will to punish and he could leave at any time.

• KhamuraTal
    KhamuraTal Member Posts: 42
    Options

Ghostface definitely is not just a sneaky boy. I'm All Ears is so powerful because his senses are sharpened in the Entities Realm, Thrilling Tremors is purely supernatural and happens because the Entity is pleased with Ghostfaces methods and composure. Night Shroud is also probably a manifestation of the Entity just given how complete the stealth is and the name, he's definitely enhanced to some degree.

The Plagues also more then likely a Direct Link. First and only human to willingly sacrifice herself to the Entity and made into an embodiment of the Plague she was trying to cure.

• Dito175
    Dito175 Member Posts: 1,391
    Options

Did spirit actually made a deal with it? From what I remenber she was being manipulated to see the survivors as her father.

• chatgiraffe
    Options

Last line in her base lore: "An oath was made and Rin closed her eyes."

Deathslinger is the only killer implied to be seeing survivors as someone else.

• AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 2,985
    edited May 2022
    Options

Rin does the entities work with the promise she got to kill her father and cause him suffering. Whether the entity has upheld its end of the bargain is unknown

• Gruo
    Gruo Member Posts: 129
    Options

The ones in canon with the direct link to the Entity are Felix and Talbot/Blight. Devs mentioned both have an effect on the realm as well.

Talbot was only able to travel the realm because he kept himself hidden from the Entity. He also was able to harness and use part of the Entity's own power and he did all that before he mutated into the mindless monster that is the Blight.

• Wampirita
    Wampirita Member Posts: 807
    Options

Ghostface really do be like Entity's bestie 🤣

Like "Hey, bestie, I'm bored, can I go to your world and stab some people?"

• Xendritch
    Xendritch Member Posts: 1,842
    Options

Plague basically thinks the Entity is their God

The realm is the only place Charlotte and Victor can be alive and happy together

Clown loves the realm and for whatever reason the Entity granted his horse Maurice a 3rd eye for whatever reason I think maybe their eye sight was going and that's why?

All those should be higher

Trapper actively hates the entity and knowing how much the Doctor values his freedom to do whatever he wants and has similar mutilation to Trapper I don't think they're fond of the Entity either so I think those two should be lower.

• Metronix
    Metronix Member Posts: 226
    Options

I have some intel on the plague, pure speculation of course, but someone on reddit tried to translate her lines and one suggestion of one of her sayings goes somewhat along of the lines: "Why would the God of the moon depend on one of its followers", would meen she in fact

thinks that the entity is her God, as previously statet by @Gloam

and that she has doubts. Not sure how that affects her connection though. Could be either really strong or (and that's more likely in my eyes) that the Link is getting weaker and weaker over time.