Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Why isn't the blight 110%?

Regulus47
Regulus47 Member Posts: 450
edited May 2022 in General Discussions

I don't think it's a controversial statement to say that blight needs a toning down. He's got the best mobility in the game, some of the best and most busted addons in the game, one of the best chase powers in the game, a very short cooldown after using his rush, insane synergy with slowdown and aura perks, he can break pallets with his power, he has 5 whole rushes compared to nurse who has 2, and he doesn't even need to charge his power like hillbilly or huntress or even nurse, he can just instarush. He's even easy to pick up and play, apart from learning his 100 techs and bump logic that make him essentially unloopable. That isn't a bad thing, but it's just the cherry on top of a slightly overtuned killer.

I've been trying to think of how to tone him down without making him bad, and 110% movement speed is the best I can think of. It's silly how deathslinger is 110% and blight is 115% considering their chase powers are basically the same in terms of power. Plus, it would raise his skill ceiling by forcing blight players to learn the power and use it creatively to get hits. He doesn't need the speed to chase, and he doesn't need it for mobility, so I think it's an acceptable change to make him not quite so ludicrously strong.

What do you think? Maybe instead of a movement speed reduction, he should lose some rush charges or have a longer cooldown? I don't hate blight but he feels cheap when compared to other fairer killers like huntress, hillbilly, oni, demogorgon, etc.

Comments