The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Did i pick a bad time to come back as a killer main?

So i took a break from dbd when elden ring came out, Here we are in Late may and i decided to come back to see how it was from a killer only perspective, Well i lost my first few games understandably, But a couple things were ticking me off ever since coming back, One being my mmr didn’t seem to change from last time i played, idk i could’ve swore they said there was gonna be like some decay feature for players who took breaks but whatever, another thing is the increase in deadhard gamers, yea ik dead hard has basically always been a high pick rate but last time i played i would see about 2 a game, but now im constantly having 3-4 which sucks because we all knew how dumb dead hard is since validation but anyways im like seeing ALOT of Prove thyselfs too which is new along with more toolbox gamers aswell, Idk maybe i just suck and im trippin but whatever, Also tried out sadako for a bit, (she was my first killer i skipped out on) and was disappointed if im being honest, power felt very underwhelming, but anyways fellow killers, how yall doing, still having fun as a killer?

Comments

• Triplehoo
    Triplehoo Member Posts: 627

Just farm the BP's and don't get stressed out. These events bring the trolls and occasional bullies back to the game. Don't take it personally.

• lonewolf8376
    lonewolf8376 Member Posts: 24

There’s a bp event, ahh thats why games feel sweatier then usual

• Triplehoo
    Triplehoo Member Posts: 627

Yep. Double Blood Points. I stopped taking seriously. When I see that the survivors are SWF with nothing but harassing and bullying in mind, I'll humor them for a while. When they get the gens done, I'll just go open the gate and ruin the fun and farming for them by standing against furthest corner you can find.

• Hilidaris
    Hilidaris Member Posts: 164

You didn't met the infamous Circle of Healing ?

• Xendritch
    Xendritch Member Posts: 1,842

I'm actually with you that prove thyself is the biggest problem perk after dead hard you just don't see it the same way you see survivors dead hard in reaction to the killer pretty much just existing so it's not as obvious.

Overall I don't think killer is in a super bad place you just have to be on point because playing killer is not at all forgiving. Some killers like Myers and Doctor are beginning to show thier age as well but it's nowhere near as bad as some would have you believe.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,735

Yeah you came back during a bloodhunt lmao I'm sorry for your loss

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

It's probably a worse time to have come back with mmr and CoH in the meta. They've both made the game worse since their release.

• Chusan
    Chusan Member Posts: 137

bad time.

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279

No you just picked bad time to come back. Noone cares who you main

• caramelpudding
    caramelpudding Member Posts: 118

Is there ever a good time to play killer? (genuine question, because honestly, playing killer stresses me out like nothing else)

• GiveMeTheBox
    GiveMeTheBox Member Posts: 331

If you want to win a bunch? Yeah, pretty much. You can still have a decent amount of fun with killer, though.

• Tostapane
    Tostapane Member Posts: 1,613

Quitted from dbd, so finally have a good time. The game is in a REALLY bad state right now imo

• Tostapane
    Tostapane Member Posts: 1,613

When the old ruin was still with us... I had a great time, with really few people being toxic and without the feel to camp and tunnel in order to do my good amount of bp

• BlackRabies
    BlackRabies Member Posts: 920

I'm taking a break myself coming back for the blood hunt just to prestige Bubba to lvl 3.

There a new prestige/grind reduction in the works. Get a killer to prestige lvl 1/2/3. Unlock that killers 1/2/3 lvl tier teachable perk for all other killers. Also planned changes for about 40 perks on both sides.

Really i think it's best to wait until either the anniversary or change to the meta perk updates to come back to DBD.

• PandaChris
    PandaChris Member Posts: 140

What I started to do as someone who came back to the game and used to play killer more so than survivor is focus just on 2 kills and 2 escapes. Even if you have to dumb yourself down a bit and let the 2 escape.

My mmr has dropped so I can just hop on and play casually till this meta perk change happens.

I cannot say about right now at high mmr. But when I stopped playing awhile back at high mmr, I felt the game gets alot less fun as the killer. I am not talking about winning or losing, more so the feeling while playing the game.

• SentinelCaptain
    SentinelCaptain Member Posts: 234

I do the same thing. Bully squad or just way too lopsided a match, I'll open the doors personally. Right in front of them if I can. Then just AFK somewhere and go grab a snack or something.