The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Console release dates

its becoming pretty annoying having to wait extra to get dlc on console, there is no reason. No PC players, it has literally nothing to do with them “needing,” more time. I want a logical answer other than people who continue to talk out their ass and say how it’s a “pc game,” and whatnot. It’s a game. It has a huge amount of players on console and they update it as frequently as pc, you pc kids need to understand it isn’t that hard to implement something from pc to console when all it is, is a DLC. 

Comments

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,356

It's not out yet on PC. Only on PTB Server. The patch hasn't actually released for the actual PC game yet.
    And as far as I know the devs said that PTB on console doesn't work, as of now at least.

• borna_lk
    borna_lk Member Posts: 124
    I’m well aware it’s a ptb, but it’s clear you two aren’t aware pc gets dlc first then a month later PlayStation and Xbox do
  • DwightsLifeMatters
    DwightsLifeMatters Member Posts: 1,649
    Sony is the issue here, not the devs .at least that's what I remember of one reason.
    If you don't like it switch to pc 
  • BigBubs
    BigBubs Member Posts: 1,131

@borna_lk said:
    its becoming pretty annoying having to wait extra to get dlc on console, there is no reason.

There is.
    Sony and Microsoft are the reason.
    Be patient and wait or buy on PC.
    Jesus christ...

• Khalednazari
    Khalednazari Member Posts: 1,433
    edited November 2018
    borna_lk said:
    I’m well aware it’s a ptb, but it’s clear you two aren’t aware pc gets dlc first then a month later PlayStation and Xbox do
    It didn't happen during the last DLC release. It was released on all platforms simultaneously. Only during the Curtain Call DLC, the devs and Sony/Microsoft thing didn't work out. I'm sure they've learnt from it and will strive to release DLC on all platforms simultaneously.
  • Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,887
    Yeah only Clown's DLC had a ridiculously long wait for consoles. That was because all the cosmetics were released with it. It took longer to process approval.
  • ad19970 said:

It's not out yet on PC. Only on PTB Server. The patch hasn't actually released for the actual PC game yet.
    And as far as I know the devs said that PTB on console doesn't work, as of now at least.

PUBG has a PTB on Xbox. Probably other games too, idk.
  • blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773
    hElLo? 
    First of all, the last chapter came out on everything at once. 
    Secondly, it’s mostly up to Sony and Microsoft not the devs. 
  • borna_lk
    My god, could the half of you kissing the devs asses take a break for half a minute. Stop buying all the bullshit they serve you, Sony and Microsoft approval process is not as complicated as you think. All it is essientially is two questions: do you have rights to sell the content your selling (I.e license)? 2.) do you want to pay us royalties with visa or cheque? That’s it, and stop telling everyone to buy a pc because I’m more than happy with watching YouTube on my phone thanks. 
  • PolarBear
    PolarBear Member Posts: 1,899

@borna_lk said:
    My god, could the half of you kissing the devs asses take a break for half a minute. Stop buying all the bullshit they serve you, Sony and Microsoft approval process is not as complicated as you think. All it is essientially is two questions: do you have rights to sell the content your selling (I.e license)? 2.) do you want to pay us royalties with visa or cheque? That’s it, and stop telling everyone to buy a pc because I’m more than happy with watching YouTube on my phone thanks. 

I think the developers know a lot more of the approval process than you do. Sony and Microsoft have to check that the patch is suitable for them as well. They don't want anything on their console that would tarnish their brand.

• borna_lk
    Your actually lost, it’s sad. Developers also say they have to charge 10$ a cosmetic because blah blah blah. They don’t need to tell you the truth because you buy whatever they sell you. The steam approval process is 20% faster because they suck less money out the developers. There is no other difference so stop talking out your ass so much
  • Arsoul
    Arsoul Member Posts: 320

@borna_lk said:

Um, only the patch with the shop took longer, then last couple of patches have been the same time as PC.
    Nice attempt at a trolling rant though bud.

• Wicked_Django
    Wicked_Django Member Posts: 128
    borna_lk said:
    Nice attempt at thinking you know something you have no knowledge on. Enjoy eating the devs out, sure you’ll continue for years to come
    If you dont want to pay $10 for cosmetics, DONT. I do so I will. The Clown took longer because of the shop inclusion. That HAS to be vetted because its using actual $ for shop currancy. That takes time to set up with financial institutions. It requires security protocols to be in place and tested. Otherwise, some rando with a hacking program could steal the .53 you have in your account. Relax
  • DwightsLifeMatters
    DwightsLifeMatters Member Posts: 1,649
    borna_lk said:
    Sure bud, how many games did you released on console again?
  • Arsoul
    Arsoul Member Posts: 320

@Dwight_Fairfield said:
    Yeah only Clown's DLC had a ridiculously long wait for consoles. That was because all the cosmetics were released with it. It took longer to process approval.

The shop was the reason for that

• borna_lk
    I’ve boughten all the dlc because I support the game, I don’t buy cosmetics because they’re overpriced to line the devs pockets, not to increase the game quality. I have respect for a lot of members in the community but there’s some complete morons and most of them reside on pc with the same stupid answer to everything. “Buy a pc if you don’t like it,” but no I’m good fam, you can go ahead and spend several thousand on a computer that’ll outdate itself in 3 years. (Don’t bother saying ps will outdate itself in several years, because mine will cost me several hundred in depreciation, yours will cost thousands)
  • Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

@borna_lk said:
    I’ve boughten all the dlc because I support the game, I don’t buy cosmetics because they’re overpriced to line the devs pockets, not to increase the game quality. I have respect for a lot of members in the community but there’s some complete morons and most of them reside on pc with the same stupid answer to everything. “Buy a pc if you don’t like it,” but no I’m good fam, you can go ahead and spend several thousand on a computer that’ll outdate itself in 3 years. (Don’t bother saying ps will outdate itself in several years, because mine will cost me several hundred in depreciation, yours will cost thousands)

My PC costs me about as much as a new console every 5-10 years, sometimes longer. New consoles come out about once every 5-10 years as well. The difference is that my PC will always be better than current-gen consoles, and even if I bought a console, I'd still need a PC to work on.

• Orion
    edited November 2018

Never mind, I see you're just a spammer.

• Slyclone158
    Slyclone158 Member Posts: 2

@Orion It is partly up to the devs, they need to make an effort to push that. Sony and Microsoft won't do it if they are not given an offer.

• borna_lk
    Orion said:

Never mind, I see you're just a spammer.

Then get lost, this is a post for people who have enough knowledge to know a serious gaming pc costs several thousand dollars while majority of the population work on Apple laptops which aren’t gaming capable whatsoever 
  • Orion

@borna_lk said:
    Then get lost, this is a post for people who have enough knowledge to know a serious gaming pc costs several thousand dollars while majority of the population work on Apple laptops which aren’t gaming capable whatsoever 

That message was for Slyclone158. Note their posting history.
    PS: I don't care that people spend more money than they should on computers, nor that they work with inferior hardware. You're the one who brought it up in the first place.

• rj1567
    rj1567 Member Posts: 50

@borna_lk said:

No PC is so outdated that you need to buy a new one every 3 years most of games will run absolutely fine even if your PC is a bit outdated thats why we have graphic settings. I had my last PC for over 7 years and the only thing that changed was the grapics card and the only problem with the age of the PC were that it had a lot of CPU usage in some games especially newer ones and made them lag from time to time, but i could still play every single one of them until i got my new one that is way better than my old PC and didn't cost over 1000€

I also have a normal PS4 with an 1TB external storage as 500 GB is just not enough and also bought DbD but none of the DLC as i don't play it a lot because i don't like playing with a controller and the game doesn't run very well at least it doesn't as killer and also in other games on the PS4 i have noticed frame drops from time to time not game breaking but annoying as none of this games had any problems on neither my old or new computer.
    But explaining that PC is more poweful than consoles that is also why you pay a bit more whey you buy it, but is the cheaper variant to get games and you don't have to pay for PS Plus to play online and by that becoming more or less equal in costs over time should be common knowledge.

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,522
    The PTB is an early version used to find and fix bugs before a release, as well as make balancing changes. This is only possible on PC.

After a PTB, an update needs to be sent off to Microsoft and Sony for certification. They do their checks, and if all goes well, they release the update. If they feel like it's not up to code, they can reject it, and then we have to go back and fix whatever needs fixing. Steam, however, does not have a certification process. If you push an update, it goes live right then.
  • thekiller490490
    thekiller490490 Member Posts: 1,164
    borna_lk said:
    its becoming pretty annoying having to wait extra to get dlc on console, there is no reason. No PC players, it has literally nothing to do with them “needing,” more time. I want a logical answer other than people who continue to talk out their ass and say how it’s a “pc game,” and whatnot. It’s a game. It has a huge amount of players on console and they update it as frequently as pc, you pc kids need to understand it isn’t that hard to implement something from pc to console when all it is, is a DLC. 
    Our updates for the past 2 have been on the same day as PC got it. You can't wait a couple of hours?
  • katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,140
    Ptb to test it out before releasing to public
  • Malakir
    Malakir Member Posts: 799
    borna_lk said:
    Lol wait are you a developer? Do you work for Sony or Microsoft? I bet not

I know you might be attached to your precious console but as a console user I can tell you they are most of the time the root of problems :)

BTW the last chapter came out at the same time in all platforms so what are you trying to say? You want to have ptb on console? For what reason? PC feedback is fine since for other platforms its a porting of the game and have a ptb there is useless. You won't give feedback for how you act, just play it earlier 

I can't either but I'm fine with it so why so entitled?
  • dontTouchMyGens
    dontTouchMyGens Member Posts: 35
    It‘s the same for every game. There is a a certification process for every patch on consoles which takes about 5 days if everything goes well. So devs can either withhold the patch on PC to assure a simultaneous release or consoles get it a bit later. 
  • dontTouchMyGens
    dontTouchMyGens Member Posts: 35
    borna_lk said:
    You can easily google it. It is how it is. No need to shoot the messenger.
  • Watery
    Watery Member Posts: 1,167
    Public Test Betas are much easier to pull of on PC because when it comes to releasing DLC or new features, it isn’t required to have a certified playable build. Due to the glitches, it just wouldn’t work. It’s much easier for PC players because a majority of the community is on PC, or Ps4. It’s only fair the former gets to test the feature due to the ways the companies are set up.
  • alivebydeadight
    alivebydeadight Member Posts: 1,559

its on ptb and we got the spirit dlc the same time as pc, so calm down, clowns dlc took longer cause of the size of the update

• alivebydeadight
    alivebydeadight Member Posts: 1,559

@Peanits said:
    The PTB is an early version used to find and fix bugs before a release, as well as make balancing changes. This is only possible on PC.

After a PTB, an update needs to be sent off to Microsoft and Sony for certification. They do their checks, and if all goes well, they release the update. If they feel like it's not up to code, they can reject it, and then we have to go back and fix whatever needs fixing. Steam, however, does not have a certification process. If you push an update, it goes live right then.

someone understands me on this forum god damn!

• Dragonredking
    Dragonredking Member Posts: 874

@borna_lk said:
    its becoming pretty annoying having to wait extra to get dlc on console, there is no reason.

1: Only the clown dlc was delayed

2: It wasn't for "no reason" it's because sony was being a prick about the addition of a cash shop in the game wich was literally the most massive change the game add undergo (I dare you to find other game that added a cash shop two year after the game release. I'll wait)

• borna_lk

@borna_lk said:

1: Only the clown dlc was delayed

2: It wasn't for "no reason" it's because sony was being a prick about the addition of a cash shop in the game wich was literally the most massive change the game add undergo (I dare you to find other game that added a cash shop two year after the game release. I'll wait)

Call of duty