We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

MMR is broken now

Nowadays MMR is completely broken ######### i ever seen. Every fkin game on killer i got tryharders who know all map, all looping patterns, repairing gens even wounded.. Thats ok then u see this on killer and expect that on surv. BUT!!!! On survivor u got theese teammates - cleansing totems, trading safe pallets for free when only see killer, yelling "I DOESNT REPAIR WITHOUT HEAL" and running around looking for teammates, hiding rats, who got 0.0001 sec of spine chill proc and oh nooo, killer coming to me i run away! ahh and also theese - I DO MY QUEST (and only when u play on survs)

WTF is happening with MMR devs? why against me i got tryharders - fast genrush and gg and for me as survivor i have easy bots in lobby with tryhard killer like 3000k nurse??? Why? Can u repair this ######### u call MMR???

Comments

• xxxShadowsidexxx
    xxxShadowsidexxx Member Posts: 11

P.S i have good hour amount on killer and survivor. Both got red ranks previous rank season (when it doenst reward u with bp and counted as mmr)

• VikingDragonXii
    VikingDragonXii Member Posts: 2,885

Sounds to me you got delt the classic SoloQ bad hand. You'll always have tryharders everywhere from low MMR to high MMR, and will always have those survivors that won't want to get healed, which leads me to the question.....Why didn't you heal them when they ran up to the Gen your working on?

And sadly rank means really nothing even before the rank changes they ment nothing, if I was able to play more I would be Iri 1 all the time and I say it ment nothing even in the old system because I faced Iri ranks as Silver or even Bronze rank before.

As it stands now MMr is working decently well.

• xxxShadowsidexxx
    xxxShadowsidexxx Member Posts: 11

It meant a lot tbh, cuz a 2 years ago it was comfortably to play on iris. Now u feel like u play with idiots. About healing, problem is that they didnt do nothing befor they got healed. They waste time to comp gen and move on - its logic. If u see other side - on killers ALWAYS they rep gens even INJURED, they dont waste time on heal if they can do gen and then heal. Its a great canyon of skill that was before in MMR and now

• Marc_123
    Marc_123 Member Posts: 3,553

MMR only works randomly for me.

Either to bad or good players and in between a fun match where the levels seem fair.

• MrSheep51
    MrSheep51 Member Posts: 91

Same here, usually get a good game like 1/5 times. Getting a bit frustrating, miss the old matchmaking and that's saying something...

• shivermetimbers
    shivermetimbers Member Posts: 56

mmr is ######### and the way it works is the stupidest thing ever. It forces people to genrush literally since it only counts on escapes and a tiny bit on time in match, but you don't even gain mmr unless you escape. Lets say you run the killer for 2 straight days and then you finally get downed. you as a player should be rewarded since you ran him for 2 ######### days but no... nononono your mmr with decrease. But if you just sit on a gen for 8 minutes straight urban evasion away when your spinechill go off and then escape you'll get a increase in mmr. They worked "so hard" on this system and it almost as bad as it possibly could be.

I'm not too familiar with how the killer mmr works but I think it works for kills? (correct me if I'm wrong) If so then it encourages the killer to tunnel, camp and slug to get the 4k to go up in mmr. It makes no ######### sense how they actually thought this was a good idea.

Don't get me started on the mmr pit of hell. If you lose too many games you go down in mmr hell. Where you'll probably stay until you get a swf to help you out of it or some miracle happening. but then when you start going back up you'll notice that you start coming with new players to the game because than you'll be back where the "start mmr" is at. so if you can't make it past all the new players that are trying this forbidden game out then you'll be back in mmr hell and repeat.

The game isn't fun anymore and it's dying rather quickly than slowly. Yes you'll have the people that are saying it's because of the world opening up from covid and while that is some part of it, the majority of it comes from mmr. Just search up "Choy" on youtube and look at his in depth videos or the videos where he shows clips of literally all the streamers in this game suffering form SBMM. you'll see that you are not the only one🤙

Just have your hopes up for the next couple updates that comes this summer. They talked somewhat about it on their anniversary stream but it wasn't so clear so we'll just have to wait until then. Me and my friends have all quit the game because of SBMM and are just waiting for BHVR to take action.

• Marc_123

Haha - yes, Choys videos are so painful to watch when this also happened to you.

• shivermetimbers

I usually just die of laughter since I know I don't have to deal with this anymore🤣

It's like dropping 200 kg of solid pure brick off your shoulders after I stopped playing

• DoritoHead
    DoritoHead Member Posts: 3,546

Depends if you're running meta or not. If you are, then your lobbies aren't going to reflect your actual skill. If you're not, then it's just one of those days.

MMR has always been incredibly inconsistent for me tbh.

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077

It's been weird during the hunt - there seem to be a lot of killers right now compared to survivor, leading to me getting a 1500 hour Nurse earlier today into a team with 300 hours between them.

That said - this is the exception, not the norm.

• Marc_123

Understandable.

I still play for the liitle fun games that come in between.

I try to not get to enraged when i come across a death squad which completely destroys me. But DbD evokes this feelings - as killer or surv - when things go wrong.

I think that is part of the success. This huge engagement you get while playing.

• Triplehoo
    Triplehoo Member Posts: 639
    edited May 2022

It was broken from the beginning. But truth be told, don't look at the ranks. Just try to enjoy the game and play. Don't put too much emphasis on the winning of the game. Set different goals for yourself on every match.

I've managed to get myself to like this game more when I realized that killing every survivor or escaping every match isn't worth it. You'll just burn yourself out because of that if you keep trying to do that.

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,971

Do you guys only feel happy when your MMR goes up?

• shivermetimbers

Good question. Probably not the answer you want but I'll give you something

I don't notice that my mmr is going up. Once every 15 matches I'll get a good team on my lvl when i play survivor. I played with my friends for a day like 2 months ago ish and we won 13 games in a row. did I see any difference in the solo matches after? No:) they were all the same. so short answer - no🤙

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,498

it was working at some point?

• Sluzzy
    Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130

MMR doesn't work in an asymmetrical game when the killer has a massive inherent advantage. What you have is a tiny pool of really good SWF and then the majority of killers all at high MMR. MMR can't always match you with 3 perfect teammates because not enough exists.

Matchmaking will never work until survivors are buffed tremendously so 2E is always a possibility regardless of everyone's skill.

• IamFran
    IamFran Member Posts: 1,616
    edited May 2022

Yes. It definitely need to be tweaked again.

Before the last changes in the MMR when I won 2-3 matches in a row I was put against sweaty tryhards and after losing 2-3 matches I returned to the chil games (it wasn't very good anyway).

With the current MMR with Legion with trashy perks for example, I lose at least 4-5 games with 0-1 kills in a row and then the game put me against worse survivors, I win a single match and the game put me against against the tryhards. This experience is almost as miserable as the old rank system days.