How are legendary skins “formed”?

Options
Malum_Midnight
Malum_Midnight Member Posts: 366

I tried to think of a reason, but I can’t figure out how. Let’s use Oni and the Minotaur: the cosmetic says he was formed by memories of the survivors. So why Oni? Did they think Oni looked like the Minotaur? Did they think Trapper looked like Krampus?

Comments

• TeleportingTurkey
    TeleportingTurkey Member Posts: 589
    Options

I think there is no lore reason why those specific killers. They are just placeholders because they'd probably fit their counterpart the most. Like Minotaur would probably have a charge power and ability to bash survivors into the ground, while Krampus would be insidious killer who catches its prey with traps. Surely, if they were to be made complete characters, they'd probably have much more creative and themed power, but alas.

In fact, legendary/ultra rare skins (with a few exceptions) are basically separate characters that are roaming the trials alongside known and unknown characters.

They just weren't significant/outstanding enough to deserve to be a complete characters, but still are famous enough to deserve a spot.

Literally honourable mentions.

• Lekitzul
    Lekitzul Member Posts: 495
    edited June 2022
    Options

I assume it's like a psychic thing. Like, how the entity is psychic vampire. A lot of his world and designs are very mental. So, with his "magic" or whatever, the fears from past events/thoughts just kinda manifest. This world basically is made to bring fears alive so Entity can feed is the gist I'm getting. Different worlds obliviously mix here, any survivor and killer can go to any map. It makes since for other cryptids/creatures to mix in.