Yay, Version 2.0! But...

Boss
Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Nothing has changed about enjoyability in one small but oh so important area: Disconnects.
They are rampant, they are common, they are frequent & they do not go unpunished cause...well, just that, they don't get punished.

This is the average of what happened to me today...

Lobbies get filled with Survivors who either have blood, are in SWF or both, and a few Survivors without either.
Guess who don't disconnect? The Survivors without either blood or SWF.

Players are supposed to have fun, no? Where's the fun that i'm supposed to have in this? "Oops, i failed. Better DC from that Hook/Mori."

Oh yeah, side-note: Remove the ability for Survivors to quit out during Mori animations while also making it impossible to interrupt the Mori animation as Killer. It's only a few seconds, they can spare those. And yes, i realize they can still pull the plug, but that's kinda unsolvable, so at least do that. Then make it so the Killer can't stop the Mori so they can't spam the beginning animation.

I remember the developers saying they mostly want the game to be fun.
That's great and all, but what's not enjoyable about the game will stand out. And this stands out greatly to me, and for longer than just today.

Comments

• PigNRun
    PigNRun Member Posts: 2,428
    Sucks to suck.
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

Dcs are a problem for you, sure they deny the BP and waste your addons, but it is only a bit annoying compared to the real balance issues (not at rank 19 though)

• RepliCant
    RepliCant Member Posts: 1,436

I mean, seeing your loadout Vs. the survivors, all at low rank, they probably just got frustrated and DC'd because they found it unenjoyable. Full perks + Add ons & as Freddy against Low ranks? Wrong skillset. Yeah, i'm sure they find that super fun.

They get -2 in their Rank, most people find that punishment enough. Welcome to the gaming world of players ragequitting. I like your suggestions though, maybe it'd help with the ragequitting.

• EpicFailTryHard
    EpicFailTryHard Member Posts: 1,316
    quit camping/tunneling 
  • Zanfer
    Zanfer Member Posts: 647

@Boss said:
    Nothing has changed about enjoyability in one small but oh so important area: Disconnects.
    They are rampant, they are common, they are frequent & they do not go unpunished cause...well, just that, they don't get punished.

Lobbies get filled with Survivors who either have blood, are in SWF or both, and a few Survivors without either.

Players are supposed to have fun, no? Where's the fun that i'm supposed to have in this? "Oops, i failed. Better DC from that Hook/Mori."

Oh yeah, side-note: Remove the ability for Survivors to quit out during Mori animations while also making it impossible to interrupt the Mori animation as Killer. It's only a few seconds, they can spare those. And yes, i realize they can still pull the plug, but that's kinda unsolvable, so at least do that. Then make it so the Killer can't stop the Mori so they can't spam the beginning animation.

That's great and all, but what's not enjoyable about the game will stand out. And this stands out greatly to me, and for longer than just today.

I'm guessing since you are level 2 that you only played a couple of games. Play more games before you make a post like this.

• Zanfer
    edited June 2018

@weirdkid5 said:

@Zanfer said:

@Boss said:

I'm guessing since you are level 2 that you only played a couple of games. Play more games before you make a post like this.

Wait, are you serious?

LOL THE ACCOUNT LEVELS JUST CAME OUT.

Do you not see he's using a full stack of perks? Are you. Like?

Nevermind... astounding lol

You know he is talking about DBD 2.0 lmao that is why cause he made a post about a patch that hasn't been out for a full day. Read the title of the thread boi. Perks don't have anything to do with what he is saying cause he is talking about dcs.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

@EpicFailTryHard said:
    quit camping/tunneling 

Freddy can camp?

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

@Boss said:

They need to address a lot of things to make the game enjoyable for killers. 6 weeks to go, until the mid season patch that´s supposed to make things right.
    But honestly, when i look at the way the devs solve problems... i wouldn´t bet on it.
    Disconnecting doesn´t get punished. Check
    Cheaters can´t be reported: Check
    Game is unbalanced towards survivors: Check
    Pretty good job: Check

PS: i don´t understand why you got flagged as spam. People don´t even understand what the flags mean.

• Boss

@Zanfer said:

@weirdkid5 said:

@Zanfer said:

@Boss said:

Wait, are you serious?

LOL THE ACCOUNT LEVELS JUST CAME OUT.

Do you not see he's using a full stack of perks? Are you. Like?

Nevermind... astounding lol

You know he is talking about DBD 2.0 lmao that is why cause he made a post about a patch that hasn't been out for a full day. Read the title of the thread boi. Perks don't have anything to do with what he is saying cause he is talking about dcs.

I am talking about DCs, not 2.0.

• Boss

@Tsulan said:

@Boss said:

They need to address a lot of things to make the game enjoyable for killers. 6 weeks to go, until the mid season patch that´s supposed to make things right.
    But honestly, when i look at the way the devs solve problems... i wouldn´t bet on it.
    Disconnecting doesn´t get punished. Check
    Cheaters can´t be reported: Check
    Game is unbalanced towards survivors: Check
    Pretty good job: Check

PS: i don´t understand why you got flagged as spam. People don´t even understand what the flags mean.

Lol, i got flagged?
    checks
    Oh yeah, wow. This is like people reporting ingame for losing the match. :p

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930

@Boss

The master of getting falsely flagged over 20 times has arrived. I want someone to find a way to manipulate auric cells, maybe that’ll make them push out a report system faster. A small evil for a big good

• Boss

@Jack11803 said:
    @Boss

The master of getting falsely flagged over 20 times has arrived. I want someone to find a way to manipulate auric cells, maybe that’ll make them push out a report system faster. A small evil for a big good

Well this is the internet: Someone will find a way at some point.

• Boss

@Zanfer said:

@Boss said:

Unless you think players should play 2000 or more hours to then have a valid opinion, i strongly believe i've encountered MORE than enough disconnectors to be absolutely sick of them.

• Zanfer

@Boss said:

@Zanfer said:

@Boss said:

Unless you think players should play 2000 or more hours to then have a valid opinion, i strongly believe i've encountered MORE than enough disconnectors to be absolutely sick of them.

Was not referring to your game hours. Was talking about how you at the time took the screenshot while at level 2 with the new patch that just came out on the same day you posted this thread. Even though they disconnect from this one game in the new patch apparently it happens all the time from here on out for you..

• SadonicShadow
    SadonicShadow Member Posts: 1,146

I am getting sick an tired of people DCing mid game aswell. Its a mere annoyance for the killer because it denies him points but it makes his job much easier and unless the survivors can work a miracle it is going to basically be an auto loss. You will never be able to fully eliminate DCing sadly. There are endless reasons why someone might DC. Emergency, internet failed, computer crashed, etc. The vast majority are just salty and the ones that DC out of malice and not because of a legitimate reason are the worst kind. Really the only thing that can be done is to mitigate the effects a DC has on a team. I think if a survivor DCes that should automatically pop one gen, be an auto safety pip for all players that round, killer and survivor both get points. 2000 sacrifice points for the killer and his BBQ stack off the DCed survivor if applicable and 2000 altruism points for the survivors to make up for some of the loss. In addition to that the killer should not lose any of his addons for that round.

• Grey87
    Grey87 Member Posts: 346

Try not playing with ruin. Just a suggestion.
    Seriously , stop crying about you not getting a mori kill or not having fun. Pretty sure some dc's are because they don't have fun either.
    Jeez...
    I get some people dc on me too and I never went crying about it to the whole community.

• Zanfer

@Grey87 said:
    Seriously , stop crying about you not getting a mori kill or not having fun. Pretty sure some dc's are because they don't have fun either.
    Jeez...
    I get some people dc on me too and I never went crying about it to the whole community.

I mean all dcs can be for different reasons. Sometimes people have to leave for in real life issues or just personal things to attend to. You never know what is happening on the other end every time unless they state in post game chat.

• SadonicShadow
    SadonicShadow Member Posts: 1,146
    edited June 2018

@Grey87 said:
    Jeez...

"try not playing with ruin" lol get a load of this #########. Someone trying to justify disconnecting from the game and screwing over the entire team because someone didn't like what the opposing team was running. As if that is an excuse. Sorry but there will never be any justification for DCing and screwing your whole team in the process. If you have to leave the game because of an emergency in real life or if your computer crashes etc then that is fine. ######### happens but to leave because you don't like the hand you were dealt in game is bullshit and the dumbest thing i have ever heard. Spineless, selfish idiots that suck at this game leave mid match when the going gets tough.

• Boss

@Zanfer said:

@Boss said:

@Zanfer said:

@Boss said:

Was not referring to your game hours. Was talking about how you at the time took the screenshot while at level 2 with the new patch that just came out on the same day you posted this thread. Even though they disconnect from this one game in the new patch apparently it happens all the time from here on out for you..

Then let me inform you on this: Just because i was level 2 at the time of the screenshot doesn't mean i still was at the end of the day.

• Boss

@Grey87 said:
    Jeez...

I almost never run Ruin anyway, i much prefer Hex: Devour Hope. But i equipped it on everyone a few days ago to see how much longer i could have matches last with that instead.
    But regardless of that, not running a Perk is a stupid solution: You don't get to play a certain way, or you'll not be able to play against an average of 50% of the players, cause they'll DC.
    Do you see how stupid that is?
    Also, of course i complain (not cry, cause that term is overused) about Moris not being pulled off: You offered it and it'll go away at the end of the match no matter what, so you might as well use it.
    But no, salty losers just want to give a last f you.
    And again, you overuse crying.

• GhostEuant
    GhostEuant Member Posts: 243
    Maybe they should just remove the “Leave Game” button so people have to actually shut the client down externally to disconnect. It may discourage some people from actually doing it. 
  • ThePloopz
    ThePloopz Member Posts: 1,010
    Maybe they should just remove the “Leave Game” button so people have to actually shut the client down externally to disconnect. It may discourage some people from actually doing it. 
    I didn’t even know there was a leave game button until I was told about it months after I started playing lol
  • Zanfer

@Boss said:

@Zanfer said:

@Boss said:

@Zanfer said:

@Boss said:

Then let me inform you on this: Just because i was level 2 at the time of the screenshot doesn't mean i still was at the end of the day.

I know, never expected you to stay there...

• Boss

@Zanfer said:

@Boss said:

@Zanfer said:

@Boss said:

@Zanfer said:

@Boss said:

Then there's nothing else i can do for you.
    For you, it'll just come down to the good ol' "Believe it or not" and if i can't convince you, oh well. :p
    But still, these are some things i'd like to share...

It's INCREDIBLY uncommon for me to go through a match without at least 1 Survivor disconnecting.
    I never camp, cause it bores me.
    I tunnel until they're on the hook mostly, if that even counts as tunneling.
    My chat is off 24/7, so i can't say anything.
    I myself never disconnect, not as Killer or Survivor, since i practically never have emergencies and i know how to plan ahead.
    I never (pallet) loop, cause it bores me.

I name these things simply to try and dismiss that i am the cause of these Survivors disconnecting from my matches.
    Again, believe it or not, i can't convince you more than what i just named.
    I also find it very much unbelievable that like 7 Survivors all have real-life emergencies within 3 matches, and that those emergencies also happen to occur right as i down/hook/Mori them.

• Zanfer

@Boss said:

@Zanfer said:

@Boss said:

@Zanfer said:

@Boss said:

@Zanfer said:

@Boss said:

Then there's nothing else i can do for you.
    For you, it'll just come down to the good ol' "Believe it or not" and if i can't convince you, oh well. :p
    But still, these are some things i'd like to share...

It's INCREDIBLY uncommon for me to go through a match without at least 1 Survivor disconnecting.
    I never camp, cause it bores me.
    I tunnel until they're on the hook mostly, if that even counts as tunneling.
    My chat is off 24/7, so i can't say anything.
    I myself never disconnect, not as Killer or Survivor, since i practically never have emergencies and i know how to plan ahead.
    I never (pallet) loop, cause it bores me.

I name these things simply to try and dismiss that i am the cause of these Survivors disconnecting from my matches.
    Again, believe it or not, i can't convince you more than what i just named.
    I also find it very much unbelievable that like 7 Survivors all have real-life emergencies within 3 matches, and that those emergencies also happen to occur right as i down/hook/Mori them.

Yeah I don't assume that every dc has a great reason behind it. I have had times where people dc on me and call me names. I would just move onto the next match and find a better round instead of the previous. They should figure out a way to punish a bit more if so many people are dcing. The problem is figuring out how to approach it.