Theory: Jake and Trapper are related

Options
JoyfulLeader
JoyfulLeader Member Posts: 571

A bit of an interesting theory I developed lately and i think this theory could maybe be possible (maybe) I would greatly appreciate feedback on my theory. Let's get started on the evidence why I think that Jake Park and The Trapper may be relatives.

In Jake's backstory, he has a father who wants him to follow his own footsteps, like how he wants trapper, we also learn that Jake has an older brother although we never learn his name but know that he was a smart man. After Jake leaves his normal life. It would make sense for Jake to change his last name (maybe even his first name) because he doesn't want anything to do with his original life. He doesn't hear from his father and brother for years, possibly due to the fact that Archie (Trapper's father) is slowly going insane as said in his backstory. His mom visits Jake a lot in his story, she may have divorced Archie which is why in Trapper's story, his mother isn't in it, he barely even knew her because she never really liked Archie and Evan, think about it, Jake is a peaceful and calm spirit and Trapper is a raged and brutal soul.

Another piece of evidence is their physical appearances, they both have brown eyes, Jake has dark colored hair and Trapper is bald. It is scientifically proven that people with darker and thicker hair (Especially brown hair) suffer hair problems earlier than most lighter haired people, so at one point, Trapper could've indeed had hair, but eventually lost it. Both of their noses are similar, except Trapper's nose is more flat. Also have you noticed that out of all of Jake's perks, he has Saboteur, a perk about breaking hooks AND beartraps. all of his perks except for that one, are all about calmness, so that means both of them are experienced with metal made things.

This is about all the evidence I have to show that Jake Park and Evan Machmillan may be brothers. I might be wrong, but I thought it would be cool to show people my thoughts.

Comments

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    Options

Jake Park is Korean. Archie and Evan MacMillan are American.

• Chi
    Chi Member Posts: 780
    Options

@Orion said:

Jake Park is Korean-American. So he is American.

• Orion
    Options

@Chi said:

@Orion said:

Evan is just American. They don't even have the same last name.

• JoyfulLeader
    Options

@Orion said:

@Chi said:

@Orion said:

Did you even actually read the discussion?

• NoodleLegs
    NoodleLegs Member Posts: 317
    Options
    Okay, I've actually thought about this. It could be plausible. But only if Jake's mother had American blood in her. Or really genes.

I also looked it up, and it seems Korean genes are dominant so based off that let's begin.

Since Archie is American, let's represent that with "kk". Boom, two recessives. It's also safe to say that Archie has brown eyes since Evan has brown eyes. 

The only way, as I said before, is that Jake's mother had an American or really, Caucasian bloodline, having her be a mix of dominant and recessive genes.

So, say Archie and Jake's mother had two children. Their first boy, Evan, had brown hair and eyes, with Archie's features. Though with their second, more of Jake's mother's features, with the same brown hair and eyes.

Jake was calm and peaceful, the opposite of his older brother, who was rage filled and brutal. 

Jake left when he couldn't handle it, leaving Evan with his father, who heavily influenced him and gave up with college.

Archie and Jake's mother divorced, causing Archie to snap, telling Evan, who complied, to do favours, the next one more brutal than the last.

So, it's plausible. I guess.

But that's just a THEORY, a GAME THEORY!

Noodle out.
  • friendlykillermain
    friendlykillermain Member Posts: 3,162
    edited November 2018
    Options

@JoyfulLeader said:
    A bit of an interesting theory I developed lately and i think this theory could maybe be possible (maybe) I would greatly appreciate feedback on my theory. Let's get started on the evidence why I think that Jake Park and The Trapper may be relatives.

In Jake's backstory, he has a father who wants him to follow his own footsteps, like how he wants trapper, we also learn that Jake has an older brother although we never learn his name but know that he was a smart man. After Jake leaves his normal life. It would make sense for Jake to change his last name (maybe even his first name) because he doesn't want anything to do with his original life. He doesn't hear from his father and brother for years, possibly due to the fact that Archie (Trapper's father) is slowly going insane as said in his backstory. His mom visits Jake a lot in his story, she may have divorced Archie which is why in Trapper's story, his mother isn't in it, he barely even knew her because she never really liked Archie and Evan, think about it, Jake is a peaceful and calm spirit and Trapper is a raged and brutal soul.

Another piece of evidence is their physical appearances, they both have brown eyes, Jake has dark colored hair and Trapper is bald. It is scientifically proven that people with darker and thicker hair (Especially brown hair) suffer hair problems earlier than most lighter haired people, so at one point, Trapper could've indeed had hair, but eventually lost it. Both of their noses are similar, except Trapper's nose is more flat. Also have you noticed that out of all of Jake's perks, he has Saboteur, a perk about breaking hooks AND beartraps. all of his perks except for that one, are all about calmness, so that means both of them are experienced with metal made things.

This is about all the evidence I have to show that Jake Park and Evan Machmillan may be brothers. I might be wrong, but I thought it would be cool to show people my thoughts.

the trapper unmasked was a fan made model also slightly different time periods and too large of an assumption but good try :)

• Orion
    Options

@JoyfulLeader said:

@Orion said:

@Chi said:

@Orion said:

I did, and I think you're grasping at straws when it comes to name changes. You're essentially hand-waving away the differences to make it fit.

• JoyfulLeader
    Options

@Orion said:

@JoyfulLeader said:

@Orion said:

@Chi said:

@Orion said:

I did, and I think you're grasping at straws when it comes to name changes. You're essentially hand-waving away the differences to make it fit.

Umm, yeah some people do in fact go by a different name when they don't want to be part of a bloodline they dislike, also American and Asian people can make American and Asian children, read a bio book sometimes

• JoyfulLeader
    Options

@NoodleLegs said:
    Okay, I've actually thought about this. It could be plausible. But only if Jake's mother had American blood in her. Or really genes.

I also looked it up, and it seems Korean genes are dominant so based off that let's begin.

Since Archie is American, let's represent that with "kk". Boom, two recessives. It's also safe to say that Archie has brown eyes since Evan has brown eyes. 

The only way, as I said before, is that Jake's mother had an American or really, Caucasian bloodline, having her be a mix of dominant and recessive genes.

So, say Archie and Jake's mother had two children. Their first boy, Evan, had brown hair and eyes, with Archie's features. Though with their second, more of Jake's mother's features, with the same brown hair and eyes.

Jake was calm and peaceful, the opposite of his older brother, who was rage filled and brutal. 

Jake left when he couldn't handle it, leaving Evan with his father, who heavily influenced him and gave up with college.

Archie and Jake's mother divorced, causing Archie to snap, telling Evan, who complied, to do favours, the next one more brutal than the last.

Noodle out.

Dang, I applaud to that one

• JoyfulLeader
    Options

@friendlykillermain said:

@JoyfulLeader said:

the trapper unmasked was a fan made model also slightly different time periods and too large of an assumption but good try :)

It's not a fan made model though, you can remove the mask from his model to reveal his face, hell, people glitches the game to the point where his mask is gone

• DocOctober
    DocOctober Member Posts: 2,230
    Options

How convenient, dismissing arguments that don't fit your agenda of grasping at straws. You could be Radiant's cousin.

• JoyfulLeader
    Options

@DocOctober said:
    How convenient, dismissing arguments that don't fit your agenda of grasping at straws. You could be Radiant's cousin.

It's just a theory, and I'm not in the mood for any headache inducing comments right now

• NoodleLegs
    NoodleLegs Member Posts: 317
    Options

Noodle out.
    Oh, I should probably also add a few more things.

Like why Jake has a different last name.

1. Jake could've taken his mother's name and not Archie's. When Archie and his mother got married, she didn't take his name and so their first child is Macmillan and the second is Park.

2. Jake used a traditional Korean name. Park, Kim, and Lee are the most popular last names in South Korea.

3. He played the ACB game and saw "parking lot" and just rolled with it. (more as a joke)

I'm ignoring timelines, because this is a theory and not fact, but also because of alternate universes.

Speaking of alternative universes, there could be one where Evan and Jake were siblings. One where Meg and Claudette are twins (like the real life twins I don't know the name of but they're famous because one is white and the other is black). Even one where Ace Visconti is actually good (again, not serious, I just don't like him).

Alternate universes are everything but nothing. Because we don't see those universes, but we know they exist.

In my last post I was talking about genes and I forgot to add what I was talking about so I should probably do it now.

A Punatte (or however it's spelt) square is a square (obviously) that can predict the outcomes of a organisms offspring.

I have blue eyes. My sister has blue eyes. My little brother has blue eyes. But my older brother has brown eyes. Why? Why do so many children, who are related and actually look alike, all have blue eyes except one?

Well, simple. My mother has a hybrid allele in her genes that codes for her eyes. A hybrid is one dominant and one recessive. My dad, however, has blue eyes. And because brown is dominant, my dad has homozygous recessives.

So let's say it's Bb × bb. B is brown eyes and b is blue.

B     b
    b| Bb | bb |
    b| Bb | bb |

They have a 0:2:2 ratio. Or 2 brown:2 blue. In theory.

So when my siblings and I were born, we all had 50% of brown or blue.

Same applies to Jake and Evan. They will have a 50% chance of looking Korean (let's just say that because I don't want to get TOO detailed) and 50% for American.

How I know this? 

In my earlier post I said that this will only work if Jake's mother had hybrid genes. Homozygous dominant would cause Evan to look Korean instead of American.

We'll represent this is K and k.

Kk (Mother) × kk (Archie)

K     k
    k| Kk | kk |
    k| Kk | kk |

Voila.

Also note I'm 14 years of age with a basic understanding of biology and genetics.
  • MojoTheFabulous
    MojoTheFabulous Member Posts: 2,015
    Options

@friendlykillermain said:

Unless you're on about another image, the face isn't a fan made design. I remember seeing it way back in the Beta when the Trapper was t-posed and maskless in the place of a Survivor in the lobby.

• bevdog67
    bevdog67 Member Posts: 57
    Options

@JoyfulLeader said:

My research also shows something similar. Jake's brother, as stated in the lore, did graduate with honors from Yale, which is in Conneticut. I believe the estate is also in Conneticut. Benedict Baker notes that he visited a town quite close to the Town of Weeks called Wethersfield which is also in Conneticut. At the very least I do believe that if The Trapper was released as a DLC, his survivor would have been Jake. They seem to have many connections.

• JoyfulLeader
    Options

@bevdog67 said:

@JoyfulLeader said:

My research also shows something similar. Jake's brother, as stated in the lore, did graduate with honors from Yale, which is in Conneticut. I believe the estate is also in Conneticut. Benedict Baker notes that he visited a town quite close to the Town of Weeks called Wethersfield which is also in Conneticut. At the very least I do believe that if The Trapper was released as a DLC, his survivor would have been Jake. They seem to have many connections.

Fantastic!!

• FoggyDownpour
    FoggyDownpour Member Posts: 288
    Options

TLDR; I don't think they are related. You're welcome.

The biggest argument against this theory is the timeline. Evan was a fully matured adult by 1955 (probably a little earlier than that) and Jake is from a more modern age. It would be impossible for them to be siblings, though I won't completely rule out relatives even though I feel it's rather unlikely.

Jake's lore
    _Growing up the son of a wealthy CEO was always going to put pressure on Jake Park. When his brother graduated with honours from Yale, the pressure on Jake intensified. Jake just wasn't the academic type, but his father never really understood his refusal to embrace the expensive education he lavished upon him. Eventually, Jake rebelled by dropping out of school entirely. Now, Jake lives off the grid on the edge of the woods. It's been years since he spoke to his father but his mother checks in once in a while. It was she, who eventually called the police. The cops said he got lost in the woods and a search party looked for days, but gave up as bad weather rolled in. Despite passionate pleas from his mother, they never resumed the search and Jake went down in history as another casualty of the woods.

Jake's destiny was set even inside his mother's womb. Heir to wealth, noble manners and caretaker of the family reputation and legacy. During torture it's not pain that breaks a man, it's immense pressure. And Jake couldn't handle any more pressure. Instead he sought the opposite of fine dining and maids. He left the grid and ended up with a forest as closest neighbour. A self made outsider, Jake understands nature. He's not there to tame something - rather him becoming feral. Remove the brutal Killers that seek out blood to drain and Jake would feel just at home. No Wi-Fi. No Fortune-500 companies. No father nor mother. Years away from modern life has given Jake a new feel for problems. Pain is just an obstacle that hinders you from getting fed. No matter what is hunting you, you need to stay one step ahead. Struggle, blend in, adapt. Just don’t make it easy for others to erase you from the Earth's surface._

Just to start off 'proving' that Jake came from a modern age, we'll take a look at the wealth and families position.

It states that his father was a wealthy CEO and implied that it's of a Fortune 500 company.
    -The term CEO was not even entered into the dictionary until 1974, but had started being used in/around 1970.
    -The first Fortune 500 list was printed in 1955

This implies that he came from the 1970's at the earliest, however, the mention of Wi-Fi and use of 'modern life' both would imply that he was from 1997 and on.
    -The first real usage of Wi-Fi was in 1991, and the first home based unit was in 1997

Evan's lore
    _Evan MacMillan idolised his father. It wasn't just that he was heir to a great fortune, it was the way he ran the estate. Raised under his firm hand, Evan had taken to running the workforce with an iron hand. Production was always high and the MacMillan Estate prospered under father and son.

As Archie MacMillan's mental health slowly disintegrated, Evan protected him from the herd who wanted a piece of the fortune. No matter what his father asked of him, Evan would do.

When Archie MacMillan finally snapped, Evan became his enforcer in what would become known as the worst mass murder in modern history. They never proved that Evan lead over a hundred men into those dark tunnels before detonating the explosives and sealing them to their fate.The tale of the MacMillan Estate is a tale of wealth and power gone very wrong.

How many victims fell to the hands of father and son is unknown. No record is ever made of what became of Evan MacMillan. His father is another unsolved puzzle, found trapped in the locked basement of his own warehouse - starved and abandoned._

Benedict's entries
    September 12th
    _I began my search in the summer of 1956 after hearing of the town of Weeks, a place that had an unusual number of missing persons reports. America is filled with such towns. But what made this one more odd than some,was that there had never been a report of a body found. Indeed, the number of open missing cases stood at a staggering 364, the last of which happened a mere ten weeks ago. So, thusly I embark on my journey.

September 21st
    It only took me a few hours upon my arrival to feel the malignant presence that lurked in the forgotten town of Weeks. Its buildings and structures in various stages of decay, all of them abandoned to the ravages of time. I visited the library in Wetherfield, a nearby town. It didn’t take me long to find information about the region. Once a vast, prosperous and sprawling industrial area, Weeks, suddenly became a ghost town, not through the lack of iron ore, but on account of a series of terrible disasters.

Once again, I had found a place touched by the darkest of evils, so powerful that it spread like a virus in the area, consuming the world around it, rotting the core from within. The locals of Wetherfield would not discuss or talk further of the town of Weeks. The locals acted like the sort of thing you would see in your weekly Penny Dreadful, their eyes wild with terror. What happened here?

September 23rd

I have spent two days in this derelict library. The archives are somewhat unorganized. But I have managed to learn more about the town of Weeks. I get this eerie feel as I sit in that basement, but I feel a need to learn more. I have come too far now. I managed to piece some parts together and it seems like everything leads back to The Macmillan Estate. A huge industry with a mine and foundry and the former heart of Weeks. I found some police reports and complaints. But no sign of legal action. The archives here does not tell the whole story. But my mind tells me that I need to find this place. As The Macmillan Estate might sit upon some answers about these unexplainable disappearances I simply must go further. I feel somewhat uneasy as my comfort zone most often is behind a desk. But I can not be shackled to words and must instead make use of action. All I have managed to find out is that some deaths occurred and it was just shortly after that, that this...rot took hold of Weeks. I have tried to find my way and I asked the librarian. But she refused to even talk about it. Old maps in the archive show the way. But nobody is willing to take me. I will set forth tomorrow. On my own._

It's clear that Evan disappeared before 1956, likely at least a year before. His lore makes no mention of another son, and while I could find no concrete list of degrees available at Yale between 1920-1945, I don't think Evan went to Yale. His father taught him what he needed to know about running the business.

A small thing to note is that Benedict calls the town near Weeks Wetherfield. Wethersfield, CT has never been called Wetherfield in it's history, so I'm not sure that placing your evidence in the nearby location of Yale Uni to Wethersfield, CT is valid. It's possible that it's an alternate universe, but at that point no arguments either way are really valid :P

oof, I would write/edit more, but I need to go to bed. I've spent far too much time and energy on this XD And if you reply to me, please don't quote the whole post, just fragment it haha

• Orion
    Options

@JoyfulLeader said:

@Orion said:

@JoyfulLeader said:

@Orion said:

@Chi said:

@Orion said:

Umm, yeah some people do in fact go by a different name when they don't want to be part of a bloodline they dislike, also American and Asian people can make American and Asian children, read a bio book sometimes

You're just dismissing the differences because they don't fit your agenda. Under your logic, you could just as easily make any other characters be related. Just need to create a barely-plausible explanation for why basic stuff doesn't match (names, ethnicities, time periods) and boom, it fits.

• Orion
    Options

@JoyfulLeader said:

@DocOctober said:

It's just a theory, and I'm not in the mood for any headache inducing comments right now

If you didn't want the possibility of people disagreeing with you, you shouldn't have posted something on a public forum.

• JoyfulLeader
    Options

@FoggyDownpour said:

The biggest argument against this theory is the timeline. Evan was a fully matured adult by 1955 (probably a little earlier than that) and Jake is from a more modern age. It would be impossible for them to be siblings, though I won't completely rule out relatives even though I feel it's rather unlikely.

Jake's lore
    _Growing up the son of a wealthy CEO was always going to put pressure on Jake Park. When his brother graduated with honours from Yale, the pressure on Jake intensified. Jake just wasn't the academic type, but his father never really understood his refusal to embrace the expensive education he lavished upon him. Eventually, Jake rebelled by dropping out of school entirely. Now, Jake lives off the grid on the edge of the woods. It's been years since he spoke to his father but his mother checks in once in a while. It was she, who eventually called the police. The cops said he got lost in the woods and a search party looked for days, but gave up as bad weather rolled in. Despite passionate pleas from his mother, they never resumed the search and Jake went down in history as another casualty of the woods.

Jake's destiny was set even inside his mother's womb. Heir to wealth, noble manners and caretaker of the family reputation and legacy. During torture it's not pain that breaks a man, it's immense pressure. And Jake couldn't handle any more pressure. Instead he sought the opposite of fine dining and maids. He left the grid and ended up with a forest as closest neighbour. A self made outsider, Jake understands nature. He's not there to tame something - rather him becoming feral. Remove the brutal Killers that seek out blood to drain and Jake would feel just at home. No Wi-Fi. No Fortune-500 companies. No father nor mother. Years away from modern life has given Jake a new feel for problems. Pain is just an obstacle that hinders you from getting fed. No matter what is hunting you, you need to stay one step ahead. Struggle, blend in, adapt. Just don’t make it easy for others to erase you from the Earth's surface._

Just to start off 'proving' that Jake came from a modern age, we'll take a look at the wealth and families position.

It states that his father was a wealthy CEO and implied that it's of a Fortune 500 company.
    -The term CEO was not even entered into the dictionary until 1974, but had started being used in/around 1970.
    -The first Fortune 500 list was printed in 1955

This implies that he came from the 1970's at the earliest, however, the mention of Wi-Fi and use of 'modern life' both would imply that he was from 1997 and on.
    -The first real usage of Wi-Fi was in 1991, and the first home based unit was in 1997

Evan's lore
    _Evan MacMillan idolised his father. It wasn't just that he was heir to a great fortune, it was the way he ran the estate. Raised under his firm hand, Evan had taken to running the workforce with an iron hand. Production was always high and the MacMillan Estate prospered under father and son.

As Archie MacMillan's mental health slowly disintegrated, Evan protected him from the herd who wanted a piece of the fortune. No matter what his father asked of him, Evan would do.

When Archie MacMillan finally snapped, Evan became his enforcer in what would become known as the worst mass murder in modern history. They never proved that Evan lead over a hundred men into those dark tunnels before detonating the explosives and sealing them to their fate.The tale of the MacMillan Estate is a tale of wealth and power gone very wrong.

How many victims fell to the hands of father and son is unknown. No record is ever made of what became of Evan MacMillan. His father is another unsolved puzzle, found trapped in the locked basement of his own warehouse - starved and abandoned._

Benedict's entries
    September 12th
    _I began my search in the summer of 1956 after hearing of the town of Weeks, a place that had an unusual number of missing persons reports. America is filled with such towns. But what made this one more odd than some,was that there had never been a report of a body found. Indeed, the number of open missing cases stood at a staggering 364, the last of which happened a mere ten weeks ago. So, thusly I embark on my journey.

September 21st
    It only took me a few hours upon my arrival to feel the malignant presence that lurked in the forgotten town of Weeks. Its buildings and structures in various stages of decay, all of them abandoned to the ravages of time. I visited the library in Wetherfield, a nearby town. It didn’t take me long to find information about the region. Once a vast, prosperous and sprawling industrial area, Weeks, suddenly became a ghost town, not through the lack of iron ore, but on account of a series of terrible disasters.

Once again, I had found a place touched by the darkest of evils, so powerful that it spread like a virus in the area, consuming the world around it, rotting the core from within. The locals of Wetherfield would not discuss or talk further of the town of Weeks. The locals acted like the sort of thing you would see in your weekly Penny Dreadful, their eyes wild with terror. What happened here?

September 23rd

I have spent two days in this derelict library. The archives are somewhat unorganized. But I have managed to learn more about the town of Weeks. I get this eerie feel as I sit in that basement, but I feel a need to learn more. I have come too far now. I managed to piece some parts together and it seems like everything leads back to The Macmillan Estate. A huge industry with a mine and foundry and the former heart of Weeks. I found some police reports and complaints. But no sign of legal action. The archives here does not tell the whole story. But my mind tells me that I need to find this place. As The Macmillan Estate might sit upon some answers about these unexplainable disappearances I simply must go further. I feel somewhat uneasy as my comfort zone most often is behind a desk. But I can not be shackled to words and must instead make use of action. All I have managed to find out is that some deaths occurred and it was just shortly after that, that this...rot took hold of Weeks. I have tried to find my way and I asked the librarian. But she refused to even talk about it. Old maps in the archive show the way. But nobody is willing to take me. I will set forth tomorrow. On my own._

It's clear that Evan disappeared before 1956, likely at least a year before. His lore makes no mention of another son, and while I could find no concrete list of degrees available at Yale between 1920-1945, I don't think Evan went to Yale. His father taught him what he needed to know about running the business.

A small thing to note is that Benedict calls the town near Weeks Wetherfield. Wethersfield, CT has never been called Wetherfield in it's history, so I'm not sure that placing your evidence in the nearby location of Yale Uni to Wethersfield, CT is valid. It's possible that it's an alternate universe, but at that point no arguments either way are really valid :P

oof, I would write/edit more, but I need to go to bed. I've spent far too much time and energy on this XD And if you reply to me, please don't quote the whole post, just fragment it haha

I still like my theory

• PapaAndrei
    PapaAndrei Member Posts: 72
    Options
    Whats your guys problem with a little innocent fun with theories? If you don’t like it move on. Put down the torches and pickforks. 

As an avid Dark souls player, I love fun fan theories and possible connections, so I personally enjoy this theory. 
  • JoyfulLeader
    Options

@PapaAndrei said:
    Whats your guys problem with a little innocent fun with theories? If you don’t like it move on. Put down the torches and pickforks. 

As an avid Dark souls player, I love fun fan theories and possible connections, so I personally enjoy this theory. 

This comment made me feel positive

• PapaAndrei
    PapaAndrei Member Posts: 72
    Options
    Orion said:

@JoyfulLeader said:

@Orion said:

@JoyfulLeader said:

@Orion said:

@PapaAndrei said:

Nobody picked up torches and pitchforks except OP, who went off the rails as soon as someone dared to point out that his theory was bad. Discussions aren't echo chambers, people have the right to disagree.

LEL

I know truth hurts, but it isn't usually funny.
    I was respectful in my disagreement. You, on the other hand, were hostile toward all disagreement, even implicitly telling one guy (who went through the trouble of writing something even longer than your OP) that his opinion was irrelevant.
    So yeah, you're the one who picked up the torch and pitchfork.

LEL

I see you've devolved to spamming the same response because you have no argument. You brought this on yourself by your hostility to civil disagreement.

He didn’t say that anywhere. He was respecrful. The one lost that was actually thought out about why they don’t like their idea, all he said was that he still likes it.

you on the other hand attacked him when he tried to explain Asian-Americans do exist, and that people can in fact change their names. 
  • JoyfulLeader
    Options

.:chuffed:.

• JoyfulLeader
    Options

.:chuffed:.> @PapaAndrei said:

Orion said:

@JoyfulLeader said:

@Orion said:

@JoyfulLeader said:

@Orion said:

@PapaAndrei said:

Nobody picked up torches and pitchforks except OP, who went off the rails as soon as someone dared to point out that his theory was bad. Discussions aren't echo chambers, people have the right to disagree.

LEL

I know truth hurts, but it isn't usually funny.

I was respectful in my disagreement. You, on the other hand, were hostile toward all disagreement, even implicitly telling one guy (who went through the trouble of writing something even longer than your OP) that his opinion was irrelevant.

So yeah, you're the one who picked up the torch and pitchfork.

LEL

I see you've devolved to spamming the same response because you have no argument. You brought this on yourself by your hostility to civil disagreement.

He didn’t say that anywhere. He was respecrful. The one lost that was actually thought out about why they don’t like their idea, all he said was that he still likes it.

you on the other hand attacked him when he tried to explain Asian-Americans do exist, and that people can in fact change their names. 

Hugs for you

• DocOctober
    Options

This theory is a couple of things: unrealistic, grasping at straws and generally ludicrous.

It has immense flaws to it, no matter how desperate OP is trying to ignore them.

• JoyfulLeader
    Options

@DocOctober said:
    This theory is a couple of things: unrealistic, grasping at straws and generally ludicrous.

It has immense flaws to it, no matter how desperate OP is trying to ignore them.

It's called a theory for a reason LEL

• DocOctober
    Options

@JoyfulLeader said:

@DocOctober said:

Which tells me that you don't know the definition of the word "theory".

A theory is something that is based on tested, well-substantiated explanations.

What you've got here is actually just a hypothesis, and not a good one.

• Huntedfailure
    Huntedfailure Member Posts: 181
    Options

@DocOctober said:

@JoyfulLeader said:

@DocOctober said:

Can't people just have fun? not everything has to be serious it is a game and games are meant to be fun.

• DocOctober
    Options

@Huntedfailure said:

@DocOctober said:

@JoyfulLeader said:

@DocOctober said:

Can't people just have fun? not everything has to be serious it is a game and games are meant to be fun.

Do you consider creating ludicrous hypotheses based on misinformation and ignoring every comment that calls you out for doing that and getting pissy over it, "having fun"?

• JanTheMan
    JanTheMan Member Posts: 495
    Options
    Ooo, we love a theorist queen. 
  • Huntedfailure
    Options

@DocOctober said:

@Huntedfailure said:

@DocOctober said:

@JoyfulLeader said:

@DocOctober said:

Do you consider creating ludicrous hypotheses based on misinformation and ignoring every comment that calls you out for doing that and getting pissy over it, "having fun"?

While his reaction is not the best your reaction to the entire post is not any better considering its not hurting anyone so just leave it its not hurting anyone.

• xmenfanatic
    xmenfanatic Member Posts: 816
    Options

I don’t think they are related, but this is a fun theory to mull over. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

• JoyfulLeader
    Options

@xmenfanatic said:
    I don’t think they are related, but this is a fun theory to mull over. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

You are welcome! It was just a fun thought I had while playing as Jake

• JoyfulLeader
    Options

@Huntedfailure said:

@DocOctober said:

@Huntedfailure said:

@DocOctober said:

@JoyfulLeader said:

@DocOctober said:

While his reaction is not the best your reaction to the entire post is not any better considering its not hurting anyone so just leave it its not hurting anyone.

Thank you sir

• JoyfulLeader
    Options

@JanTheMan said:
    Ooo, we love a theorist queen. 

This comment makes me feel fabulous

• DocOctober
    Options

@Huntedfailure said:

@DocOctober said:

@Huntedfailure said:

@DocOctober said:

@JoyfulLeader said:

@DocOctober said:

Public discussions are not echo chambers, even if OP would like them to be. If they get called out for a ludicrous theory, they have to accept it, if they have nothing going for them in terms of arguments.

• xmenfanatic
    xmenfanatic Member Posts: 816
    Options

I think it’s great you’re asking questions that may not go through other people’s heads, or may seem false. It’s quite often that sometimes something that feels false is actually a veradical paradox, and it shows creativity

• JoyfulLeader
    Options

@DocOctober said:

@Huntedfailure said:

@DocOctober said:

@Huntedfailure said:

@DocOctober said:

@JoyfulLeader said:

@DocOctober said:

Public discussions are not echo chambers, even if OP would like them to be. If they get called out for a ludicrous theory, they have to accept it, if they have nothing going for them in terms of arguments.

Ok?...

• JoyfulLeader
    Options

@xmenfanatic said:
    I think it’s great you’re asking questions that may not go through other people’s heads, or may seem false. It’s quite often that sometimes something that feels false is actually a veradical paradox, and it shows creativity

Well said, up vote for you

• Huntedfailure
    Options

@DocOctober said:

@Huntedfailure said:

@DocOctober said:

@Huntedfailure said:

@DocOctober said:

@JoyfulLeader said:

@DocOctober said:

Is it wrong to want to talk about a fun idea so what if its ludicrous hes having fun and some other people are having fun it wasnt bothering you until you commented.

• JoyfulLeader
    Options

@Huntedfailure said:

@DocOctober said:

@Huntedfailure said:

@DocOctober said:

@Huntedfailure said:

@DocOctober said:

@JoyfulLeader said:

@DocOctober said:

Is it wrong to want to talk about a fun idea so what if its ludicrous hes having fun and some other people are having fun it wasnt bothering you until you commented.

Thank you

• DocOctober
    Options

@DocOctober said:

@Huntedfailure said:

@DocOctober said:

@Huntedfailure said:

@DocOctober said:

@JoyfulLeader said:

@DocOctober said:

Yes, spreading misinformation is always wrong.
  • JoyfulLeader
    Options

@DocOctober said:
    Huntedfailure said:

@DocOctober said:

@Huntedfailure said:

@DocOctober said:

@Huntedfailure said:

@DocOctober said:

@JoyfulLeader said:

@DocOctober said:

Why are you still here? This is getting pathetic at this point now

• DocOctober
    Options

@JoyfulLeader said:

@DocOctober said:
    Huntedfailure said:

@DocOctober said:

@Huntedfailure said:

@DocOctober said:

@Huntedfailure said:

@DocOctober said:

@JoyfulLeader said:

@DocOctober said:

This thread? Absolutely.

• JoyfulLeader
    Options

@DocOctober said:

@JoyfulLeader said:

@DocOctober said:
    Huntedfailure said:

@DocOctober said:

@Huntedfailure said:

@DocOctober said:

@Huntedfailure said:

@DocOctober said:

@JoyfulLeader said:

@DocOctober said:

This thread? Absolutely.

I guess you really are that simple minded to even know what I am talking about

• JoyfulLeader
    Options

@DocOctober said:

@JoyfulLeader said:

@DocOctober said:
    Huntedfailure said:

@DocOctober said:

@Huntedfailure said:

@DocOctober said:

@Huntedfailure said:

@DocOctober said:

@JoyfulLeader said:

@DocOctober said:

This thread? Absolutely.

Anyway I'm ignoring you for now on, I have better discussions to attend to and you are wasting time, at least the F13 forums are better than this