Please Let this Patch kill NOED for Killer's Sake

2»

Comments

• InvadeGames
    InvadeGames Member Posts: 415

camping the hook, while it may be in the survivor rulebook, its not in the dbd rulebook.

• Technature
    Technature Member Posts: 619

You cheated not only the game, but yourself. You didn't grow. You didn't improve. You took a shortcut and gained nothing. You experienced a hollow victory. Nothing was risked and nothing was gained. It's sad that you don't know the difference.

• Barbarossa2020
    Barbarossa2020 Member Posts: 1,369

I play exclusively solo and run small game.

I'll look for bones before i do gens, i also leave when the gates are open rather than standing around being a flog unlike 95% of the survivor base.

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,904

Lol you know that one guy in your gaming group who takes it too seriously and is no fun to game with. That’s this guy.

• Babalonkie
    Babalonkie Member Posts: 153
    edited June 2022

I wish i did not grow and not improving is now my intentional way of life.

Victory has always and always will be a victory... no matter how it was achieved. Just like those that lose will always be losers :)

As long as SWF exists... it deserves the dirtiest gameplay possible... and NOED is not even close to dirty.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

I hope they completely rework the perk. NOED single handedly inflates BHVR's kill rate statistics.

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,152

Dudum, only second place, @tippy2k2 posted that as the second comment in this thread.

(Another easy sign that people don't read a thread before posting in it which leads to opinions and memes getting triple or quadruple posted)

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,152
  • pseudechis
    edited June 2022

My interpretation still stands never said tippy was the target.

The unaimed arrow never misses.

Post edited by pseudechis on
  • Murgleïs
    Murgleïs Member Posts: 1,067

Plus, noed doesn't prevent self improvement at all. I played with and without this perk for thousands of hours. With noed, you play with only 3 perks until endgame so you need to perform well. Also your totem is not always going to be in a good spot, and will be destroyed faster and faster the higher MMR you get. Even with noed you still need to improve. Noed only truly carry low MMR games. At high MMR, it helps finishing the last 2 survivors, if they are at least 3 they can still make it easely.

Noed is a fun perk because you can still snowball in end game. Without it, it's pretty much gg most of the time.

• Technature
    Technature Member Posts: 619

I'm literally quoting a guy who spouted a meme with his insane "Hacking Sekiro to be easier is cheating" bullshit.

This is what OP sounds like to me.

• pseudechis

The issue has been addressed have a pleasant evening.

• UnknownKiller
    UnknownKiller Member Posts: 3,024

Well with the mmr problems we got i feel fair that a player that just bought the game facing cocky surv that tries to make killer feel bad get a kill by NOED.As you said if killer is new start searching the totems.

• UnknownKiller
    UnknownKiller Member Posts: 3,024

I run small game and do bones at the begining of the match do you?

• XerraFox
    XerraFox Member Posts: 157

I mostly run Detective's Hunch and I love cleansing as many totems as possible since they contribute to the Boldness categorie - I'm usually bad at chases - so NOED is not a subject in most of my matches

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,493

Nurse is not fine and needs to be deleted. If sfw is deleted the game would die but removing nurse would make the game much more healthy and not every perk would have to be planned around her. Dh can be removed once nurse is gone.

• Verconissp
    Verconissp Member Posts: 1,587

Lets kill off Dh first and foremost...

Then i would trade Noed, But until then,

Do totems =3

• prion11
    prion11 Member Posts: 361

Low MMR: the post

noed users are like a bell curve:

I can’t get kills without it —-> Nooooo you can’t use noed it makes you bad! ——> I keep noed on because it lets me clutch against god swf teams

• TheLastHook
    TheLastHook Member Posts: 495
    edited June 2022

Such nonsense. NOED is an awesome perk.

By the same logic (albeit that's overestimating your post) Survivors never escape themselves but DS, BT and Dead Hard did.

Or Booms and the other plethora of crutches and second chance perks (Deliverance or Unbreakable anyone?).

Please guys, if you want to bait that's ok but don't be pathetic.

Post edited by TheLastHook on
  • TheLastHook
    TheLastHook Member Posts: 495

You don't improve playing 4 SWF and Discord either. And it's still there.

• Sowbug
    Sowbug Member Posts: 139

I was merely pointing out that attempting an unhook against a camping killer doesn't really work with noed in play. If you want to run it, you can.

• pseudechis

Just keep deleting content till there are only survivors and gens left that should fix everything.

Are people that afraid of variation that they'd actively seek a generic game experience over a varied and interesting one?

• Sowbug

If this game is not a walking sim while the observer reads all of the tome contents by 2024, what's the point

• InvadeGames

I didnt mean my comment as contending what you were saying, i was just making a bit of a sarcastic joke. I apologise if it came off that way.

• Sowbug

No worries, I have a bit of trouble picking up on stuff like that sometimes lol

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

I'm honestly curious if anything will be changed with NOED or not. Despite all the survivors who constantly gripe about this perk, I have yet to see actual data indicating it's overpowered. It's a popular perk, but that could simply be in part because it's a universal perk that literally every killer has potential access to in their bloodwebs so a lot of newer players end up running it solely because it's one of the few perks they actually have early on. Combine that with it probably being at least a good perk and it's no surprise it sees use.

But in reality it's always struck me as probably being only somewhat better than Haunted Grounds. Its effect is very similar to Haunted Grounds in that it gives Exposed status for a reasonable chunk of time before going away (either by being destroyed or the match simply ending). And both perks typically get you one or two instant downs per match. The main difference is Haunted Grounds gets its downs early in the match, where you might be able to use them to build early momentum toward a 3-4k win, while NOED downs are more likely to hedge against a 0-1k loss. So it's not immediately obvious to me that NOED's statistical impact is going to be all that different from Haunted Grounds in terms of increasing average kill rates among close opponents.

All that said this perk is undoubtedly in the crosshairs of review if only because it's so popular and contentious. I could easily see the devs deciding to revamp the perk somehow, not so much to nerf it per se, but rather to make it into something that is less controversial but still a solid pick. Personally I don't use the perk much myself, I'd rather focus more on the early and midgame portions of the match, but I don't have any problem with the perk existing or being used.

• InvadeGames

I dont find NOED to be much of a problem, its not used all that much ime, maybe it is at lower ranks, i did start out using it when i started killer, but fropped it once i got better perks and saw on tutorial videos to be careful using it as it hampers gaining skill.

I think its a perk that has its place and is perfectly fair.

In a way its a second chance perk and survivors have a handful of those. That being said, when i used it or go against it, I find it only truly is a comeback perk when a team is being greedy altruistic team and then you can punish them.

If BHVR didnt decide to have totem spawns right out in the open and right next to gens id be fine with it spwning before end game.

However I do feel the totem stuff is BS because as someone who has started to use totems in builds its so utterly easy to find the hexes and snuff them(which would be fine if you could relight them like boons) I Think we either need double the potential totem spawns so people dont know immediately where to look or greatly diversify where totems can spawn and that means not right in the open or right on the main pathways.

Survivors should have to look for totems not it being handed next to them.

Most games my hexes get taken out in the first minute. I understand this for SOME games, the majority tho hexes should have a solid chance of lasting till at least mid game. thats not the case currently.

• Alphasoul05
    Alphasoul05 Member Posts: 601
    edited June 2022

So, in general

1- NOED makes you have 3 perks the entire game

2- You have a lot of time to find NOED and destroy it by looking for it at the end of the game, then BTing the survivor out

3- It's high risk, high reward, meaning maybe you don't find it, or you get unlucky and he hooks you at it.

4- If NOED was such a common perk then maybe you should use a perk slot to counter it, since it's apparently in every match giving every bad killer 1 free kill on an otherwise 4 survivor escape according to a lot of people on the forums.

So, yes, technically speaking more could go wrong and it has a bigger downside than it has benefits. But there are actually endgame builds that can take advantage of it, which are rare these days, and most people don't play for the endgame. If you wanted a cheap kill then you'd play a camping killer and camp early for a kill, not late with NOED.

Fact is, you're gonna find NOED on a lot of newer killer players because they, quite frankly, won't have access to any real gen regression perks without DLC, which is also why people who use NOED often play poorly, or you feel they "don't deserve" that kill for that poor play.